Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
17,415 Posts
if u look at your second picture...look where the chicklet would be...that is the what I spoke of earlier in this thread regarding the concept cars at auto shows. I cannot recall what it actually read....but it may have been GM Performance.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I cannot recall what it actually read....but it may have been GM Performance.
Think that emblem was for the interior. During the early years of Saturn, they always had their logo on the sides of their cars as well as front and Saturn written out on the back. For some reason am thinking that the side lettering on the show cars was just SATURN.

Attachments

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
How is that a 2.4 Sky? I thought it was a 2.0 since the early 2008 2.4L models did not have the TC Button below the stereo?
Because of the gauge face color. On the 2.4L cars they're black, but on the 2.0L they're white. Also, IIRC, the 2.4L speedo only goes to 140 as in the pic, but the 2.0L goes to 160. That tach is looking pretty fishy though...

But that's an astute observation Hyler. My guess is that this was intended to convey an "optioned" 2.4L; hence, the black background on the gauges, the sport pedals, radio controls on the steering wheel, leather interior... and traction control?

·
7,022 Posts
Boy, I can remember when my car was caged-up like this, Then they drove it out of the show room for me to take it home.
Now I wish I took pictures of that day........ :(

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Boy, I can remember when my car was caged-up like this, Then they drove it out of the show room for me to take it home.
Now I wish I took pictures of that day........ :(

Where did you dig that photo up? I took that pic on November 17, 2005, I think it was at Saturn of Racine, Wisconsin. I drove my one month old Solstice to the showing . . .

Thanks for the memory.

·
7,022 Posts
Where did you dig that photo up? I took that pic on November 17, 2005, I think it was at Saturn of Racine, Wisconsin. I drove my one month old Solstice to the showing . . .

Thanks for the memory.
Dave that picture in on this thread.... Post #18 (12-06-2010, 01:22 PM)
Just caught my eye and I started to think of the day my car was locked-up like that..... :lol:

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Dave that picture in on this thread.... Post #18 (12-06-2010, 01:22 PM)
Just caught my eye and I started to think of the day my car was locked-up like that..... :lol:
I forgot I posted them here. Wow, that whole car was a mockup, not a steel panel anywhere. They wouldn't let you touch the car at all, and the paint was all scratched from the crappy california duster the caretaker ran over the car every couple of minutes.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
I forgot I posted them here. Wow, that whole car was a mockup, not a steel panel anywhere. They wouldn't let you touch the car at all, and the paint was all scratched from the crappy california duster the caretaker ran over the car every couple of minutes.
The care taker was not Mullet Man was it.....Skip......:):D:)

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
The care taker was not Mullet Man was it.....Skip......:):D:)
You lost me on that, Skip. Who or what is a Mullet Man? It was five years ago . . . as I recall, the guy taking care of the car was a fairly old, small fellow with a big shock of white hair, wearing Khakis and a Polo shirt.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
You lost me on that, Skip. Who or what is a Mullet Man? It was five years ago . . . as I recall, the guy taking care of the car was a fairly old, small fellow with a big shock of white hair, wearing Khakis and a Polo shirt.
When the Sky first came out and was being toured across the country, the prototype was pushed on and off the truck. The guy behind the wheel had a Mullet hair cut. Thus Mullet Man. He must have done quite a few showings, as they pushed that prototype on and off the truck. Ask Mike of Marlboro he might remember. Angelquit, who was a forum member in California actually started a thread about who this mystery man was that showed up at all the presentations. This is history of when the Sky was first introduced on the market.....Skip.....:):D:)

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
I must have missed that little detail . . . :dunno:
Go to advanced search and type...mullet man.... click and go to the very last page. There are about four posts about mullet man.....Skip....now we are going back into the time machine......:):D:)

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
if u look at your second picture...look where the chicklet would be...that is the what I spoke of earlier in this thread regarding the concept cars at auto shows. I cannot recall what it actually read....but it may have been GM Performance.
My chicklets are in that location as well. (Lower Door)

But that's because they put them on the body shop in this spot. I was going to make them take em off and put them in the right location, but I like them where they are now.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts