Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Point of interest... One of the Vegas dealers (car dealers) was taking orders for the 2008 Sky.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Well I guess the new model's do usually come out in July, but that puts em more than a year ahead. Does that mean they'll pre-sell all of the 2008 run as well and the wait will be about the same? Or will Saturn continue to run a year ahead?

·
Registered
804 Posts
Seeing that the 2007's are sold out for the run, they must be taking downpayments to get the cash in their hands now instead of turning people away who might go elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Not until January

I believe from reading other posts that the manufacturer cannot legally have a model year production run that spans more than on January 1st (may not be worded exactly rigth). Basically meaning that for a 2008 model year to ship prior to January of 2007 would mean that model would have to cease prodcution prior to January of 2008 - which would not make much sense I think. It is possible that they might make so few changes that the car will effectively be the same for a few years so at that point the model year listed may not really be all that significant except on paper. So I would think that either someone got confused - or all the talk of the 2007 model year being sold out has led someone to start taking deposits for cars to be delivered sometime in the mid to late 2007.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Check your credit card "comment"

After putting the $500 deposit for my Redline Sky on the credit card, my credit card statement shows the comment for this transaction as "Prepurchase 08 auto sales". Of course, I think all Redlines will be 2008 models since it is released so late in the year.

I see no reason why a dealer wouldn't take a deposit for other 2008 model year cars. If they know their allocation of 2007 model year Skys are all spoken for, then why not keep taking deposits for 2008 model year Skys?

For those who have recently put a deposit on a Sky, maybe you can check your credit card "comment" for that transaction and see if your dealer thinks you will get a 2007 model year or 2008 model year.

- Jeff

·
Registered
554 Posts
Both the regular Sky and Redline Sky will remain a 2007 model year until the fall of 2007. If they are taking orders for 2008 models that would mean they are sold out until the fall of 2007!

Side note, after July 2006 the Sky will have different features available. Check out the 2007 Solstice standard equipment for a list of options and changes being made.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I put a deposit on mine on Saturday, but this is all my Amex statement says:

LINDSAY SATURN OF WOODBRIDGE VA
182413202 RETAIL

They are forcasting an 8-week delivery, but who really knows? We (of course) hope they deliver early, or are at least on time.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
As I've mentioned elsewhere 2006 year allocations are sold out, NOT 2007 MY allocations. The 2007 MY extends till this time next year, but the 2006 year allocations are till the end of this year.

·
Registered
389 Posts
duke15 said:
I put a deposit on mine on Saturday, but this is all my Amex statement says:

LINDSAY SATURN OF WOODBRIDGE VA
182413202 RETAIL

They are forcasting an 8-week delivery, but who really knows? We (of course) hope they deliver early, or are at least on time.
I would love to get mine in 8 weeks from the order date...lol. That would mean it would arrive next week! But seriously, I am feeling perplexed because I haven't found out anything but the order number. I hope I get it at least by June!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
GRinLR said:
I would love to get mine in 8 weeks from the order date...lol. That would mean it would arrive next week! But seriously, I am feeling perplexed because I haven't found out anything but the order number. I hope I get it at least by June!
I never got anything untill my car was here, so don;t worry about it too much some dealers just don;t give out as much info as others... as long as you have your image and the order was placed you should get your car in the not to distant future.

Brentil is correct, the 2007 MODEL year is not sold out, Just all the Allocations for 2006 sales is sold out. I don't know who this dealer is in Vegas, but he must have taken too many deposits for 2007's and is now taking 2008 deposits.. I would go somewhere else...
My delaer hasn't any clue yet how many Images he will get for the rest of the 2007 Model year. He just knows all of his for 2006 are spoken for.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
I never got anything untill my car was here, so don;t worry about it too much some dealers just don;t give out as much info as others... as long as you have your image and the order was placed you should get your car in the not to distant future.

Brentil is correct, the 2007 MODEL year is not sold out, Just all the Allocations for 2006 sales is sold out. I don't know who this dealer is in Vegas, but he must have taken too many deposits for 2007's and is now taking 2008 deposits.. I would go somewhere else...
My delaer hasn't any clue yet how many Images he will get for the rest of the 2007 Model year. He just knows all of his for 2006 are spoken for.
I have heard that many images are supposed to come down tomorrow there was a lag due to the switch over to the new GM system, and the Saturn GMs had to get trained as the process is a little more labor intensive.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
GRinLR said:
Looks like you and I have twin cars :thumbs: I asked my dealer if mine would be here by my birthday (June) and he said yes. Buttttt, also been told its on its on the train for almost 2 weeks now.....:banghead:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Horse and Buggy to ship remaining 2007 sky

Wagon train might be a better option for the remaining 2007s since they won't let Girltrucker haul em.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
agirltrucker said:
Looks like you and I have twin cars :thumbs: I asked my dealer if mine would be here by my birthday (June) and he said yes. Buttttt, also been told its on its on the train for almost 2 weeks now.....:banghead:
I am glad mine came by truck, it only took 4 days from the time they said it was released to the shipper till it was here...

·
Registered
389 Posts
agirltrucker said:
Yeah when I ordered, my salesman warned me about the delivery time between the plant and here in Little Rock. Apparently we get stuck in Memphis waiting for a full load for the truck.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
skywulf said:
Wagon train might be a better option for the remaining 2007s since they won't let Girltrucker haul em.
I think your right darling, wagon train...:lol: Ya know if I had hauled them, everyone would have had theres by now....:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
GRinLR said:
Yeah when I ordered, my salesman warned me about the delivery time between the plant and here in Little Rock. Apparently we get stuck in Memphis waiting for a full load for the truck.
Awwww, so thats where mine is. Trashing around Memphis with yours...:willy:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
agirltrucker said:
Awwww, so thats where mine is. Trashing around Memphis with yours...:willy:
Yeah, a lot of the trucking companies wont deliver unless they've filled up their truck. If yours was like the first on the truck and it had to wait a week for another 9 cars to show up your stuck waiting.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Thanks for the update...:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
brentil said:
Yeah, a lot of the trucking companies wont deliver unless they've filled up their truck. If yours was like the first on the truck and it had to wait a week for another 9 cars to show up your stuck waiting.
You also have to remember they can't use all trailers, they can only use trailers that are used for the Corvette because of the ground clearance. There are alot less of these trailers around.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts