Saturn Sky Forum banner

2008 Sky Red Line

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Hoosier GXP 
#1 ·
Just got mine about week ago. So far so good. I have a tire indicator light on, on my instrument panel and it reads "SVC Tire Monitor" I checked the inflation on all tires and made sure they were correct but the light still prevails. Any suggestions? Thanks, Keith

#2 ·
Congrats on finally getting the car! By chance is it a 2008? This is a known issue on the 2008's and there is a TSB for, when the battery completely drains the RDCLR module needs to be reflashed. This module also works the key fobs, any issues with them as well? Happened to mine, to my knowledge a Tech 2 is required to reflash so unless you have one handy or know someone, a trip to the dealer will be in order. There is also a TPMS relearn procedure that our cars and many GM vehicles employ that might possibly work as well. It didn't work on mine and had to take a trip to the dealer to correct. Cost me like $70 if recall for their time, I had them do it the same time I had them fix the passenger airbag recall and my state inspection.

#6 ·
I'm assuming the DIC on the dash is also displaying your tire pressure with just dashes? The TSB is TECHNICAL Bulletin No.: 08-03-16-001B is what I have on file when I was doing my research back in the spring. You can try the TPMS reset steps below if you want first just in case, but if it is the RDCLR module it won't work, but it's good info to have for later anyway.

If you replaced a wheel, tire, TPMS sensor, etc. and are now getting a warning light on your car, then the sensor needs to be reset. To relearn turning off or reset the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) light on your Saturn Sky, follow these steps:

1. Stop the vehicle in a safe place and turn the engine switch off and engage the parking brake.
  2. Turn the ignition to the ON position without starting the engine.
  3. Press and hold unlock and lock buttons on the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter until horn sounds
  4. Increase/ decrease tire pressure for 10 seconds, starting from the driver's side front tire (LF) until horn sounds.
  5. After horn sounds, proceed to the right (passenger’s side) front tire, and repeat the procedure in step 3.
  6. Next, proceed as in step 3 for the right (passenger’s side) rear tire and then left (driver’s side) rear tire.
  7. After hearing the confirming horn chirp for the left rear tire, turn the ignition to the OFF position. Adjust all tires to pressure listed on the tire placard.

#9 ·
All 2008 Sky's, HHR, Cobalt, G6, G5, Solstice, and Aura's had what GM calls a soft flash in the RDCLR, the problem arises when the battery is disconnected or run dead for an extended period of time. A series of dashes will show when you pull up the TPM in the DIC and the low tire emblem will also show. A Tech2 will not fix this issue unless you can hook to GM's network. The fix can only be done at a dealer or shop that can connection to GM's network to preform the reflash.The fix is a hard flash and the fix is permanent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.