Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for the service manuals for my 2008 Sky Redline (Carbon Flash--not sure if this matters?). I came across Sly Bob's link from this thread (https://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f2/service-manual-91121/) but does that apply to the 2008 Redline? I couldn't see anything in the documents clearly indicating it but being honest, I haven't looked through all of them yet, either.

Any help with this would be appreciated and apologies in advance if it's been discussed a thousand times over.

·
Super Moderator
5,728 Posts
The color doesn't matter, and the service manuals include information for all variants for a given year. In 2008 the manuals covered the Sky as well as the Solstice. The on-line files referenced in that thread are for a 2009 which is going to be correct for most things, but some details are going to be different, and it doesn't look like a true service manual.

Helm (helminc.com) is the publisher of the OEM manuals. A set is $200, but they are currently back-ordered. Search here and on the Solstice forum for a used set, there have been some for sale. Also check ebay.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the clarity, John.

Just out of curiosity, are the chances of getting a 2008 set pretty slim given the car is discontinued or does Helm continue to print those despite this thinking the market exists since people can always use service manuals? How often does Helm produce them if they still do?

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Thanks for the clarity, John.

Just out of curiosity, are the chances of getting a 2008 set pretty slim given the car is discontinued or does Helm continue to print those despite this thinking the market exists since people can always use service manuals? How often does Helm produce them if they still do?
Helm can reproduce them, as needed. They'll just print, on demand, another set.

Regarding the "online" set, it is a copy of GM's internal computer set available to GM service departments. None of the internal links work, and it is not a full service manual. It is a rip off.

YMMV

:dunno:

·
Super Moderator
5,728 Posts
I have had mixed results with older manuals, and if there is a set schedule for reprints I haven't bought enough to know what it is. My thought is that they wait for a quantity of orders before doing a print run, but I really have no idea.

The manuals are normally printed on very thin paper and soft bound. One that I ordered several years ago (for something completely different) came loose-leaf and printed on standard copier paper. It was at least twice as thick as normal.

Your best bet may be a used set, which is why I suggested eBay. They do show up occasionally. There are actually two there now, but one is $300 and the other is $536. Helm has it listed at $200, but out of stock.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Helm can reproduce them, as needed. They'll just print, on demand, another set.

Regarding the "online" set, it is a copy of GM's internal computer set available to GM service departments. None of the internal links work, and it is not a full service manual. It is a rip off.

YMMV

:dunno:

Ah, okay. Then it sounds like I need to get on their little waiting list thing that e-mails you whenever a new copy or whatever is produced.

Thanks for shining light on all this. It can get dizzying sometimes with all this stuff floating around all over the place.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts