Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picking up 2008 Sky Redline tomorrow. Automatic, grey, 51K. I'll post pictures when I get it home.

I've been lurking here for several months, reading many of the old threads.

Here is my plan:

1. Install mudflaps (local roads require this)
2. Drive for a month or two
3. Install brace bundle
4. Install windscreen
5. Install budget tune
6. Upgrade audio, maybe a Android Auto
7. Develop a new plan :)

Thanks to all that have posted here over the years, this is great resource.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Congrats!
Hope weather will be good for driving in VA this winter--be careful.
Save up for water pump replacement.
Wind restrictors are nice, but don't make a huge difference in cabin turbulence IMO.
After you buy a radio leave the car unlocked (2 cents).
Get a radio that is really bright (hard to see in sunlight).
Welcome to the forum.
Great car. Get used to getting attention.

·
Premium Member
5,134 Posts
OOOOHHHHHH MY GAWD! Wash your mouth out with soap, no water. Drive the princess in the rain, it will never happen, unless I can't get it in the ARK.

Welcome krad1964, a really good bunch of guys and ladies on this site. But some are terribly mislead in thinking that we should drive our cars in bad weather.

Okay just messing with everyone. I know I am anal about my car.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
I just like driving her. Why drive a lumbering SUV when I could drive a sleek and exciting roadster? Even if it is raining. Now, if I had just gotten her cleaned and polished.... nah, I'd probably still opt for roadster.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did end up driving it on Monday. I had to pick up the kids (one at a time) and they wanted to be seen in the new car. :)

Once my son starts to drive my Subaru Baja, I will use the Sky as my daily drive. Going back to the Baja today was a little painful.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Welcome Krad! I had your plan, right down to the android radio. Ended up going with a Kenwood non touch screen due to glare.... Then the bug bit me... I Have never been able to leave a vehicle stock, but this one is just so easy to spend money on! My hot rod sits neglected missing half of the important parts to get on the road. Get ready to give all your money to our vendors!

·
Premium Member
5,134 Posts
It is very easy to spend money on these things, then you decide you need another one to go a different way. I now have two large money pits.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Not really, the only money I have spent is the upkeep and maintenance. The only mod I made was GMPP CAI, that's it. Really easy NOT to spend so much money on an orphaned car, real easy... :cheers:
Mind over matter $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I did the money pit deal when I owned a 24 foot marathon cabin cruiser... That was nothing but a BIG hole in the water that I brought many wheel barrows of dollars into it as I poured it into the ocean...
2nd happiest day of my life was when I sold that pit...:willy:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Stay stock

My SKY isn't a money pit, as that is not my plan. My car is unique in it is as early a SKY as I have ever found, thus we will just keep it stock. My car was built on December 16, 2005, thus 10 years old week after next.

As an NA (LE5), it will require less maintenance than the Redline model. And maintenance is all I have done in the 4 years of ownership. On the last oil change, I had them check the cooling fan to assure it is working, visually check the water pump, and check the rear-end grease level. They did not recommend changing any fluids in the tranny or the radiator. I trust their opinions. As the tires were just old, not worn, I bought new Michelins and changed out the battery. At that time, seven years old, both were going to fail in due time, so just better to bite the bullet and make them new. :thumbs::thumbs:

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Water pump...:D

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
However, I drove it with the top down for the first time yesterday. That eased the pain considerably.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts