1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
There not sold out for 08 yet

·
Registered
517 Posts
Has Saturn raised the price for 2008. Someone said they might raise it by seven to ten thousand dollars.

·
Registered
389 Posts
HotSky said:
Has Saturn raised the price for 2008. Someone said they might raise it by seven to ten thousand dollars.
I would really doubt it would be that much. The Solstice had a price increase on some of the options in September of last year and the MSRP in December. Here are the amounts of the increases. There are a few upgrades being added in July so they may affect the MSRP also.

MSRP up $495 from $19,995 to $20490
Premuim Package up $100 to $690
Chrome Wheels up $100 to $795
Polished Wheels up $50 to $545

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
If they go up in price, it won't be a real lot. Also you won't see the Red Line and GXP's readily available for year's. Not at 40% of production.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
For 2008 I don't see them making any more than 10,000 again. However, there should not be teh mad rush to get them as there is this year. My GM mentioned that Saturns strategy though is to allow for very little if any inventory. They'd much prefer to have each car custom built. We'll see...:)

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
2008SKY said:
Hi,

If I wait next year, Will there plenty of 2008 Saturn Sky?

Jay
The 2008 Skys wont come out till after the plant shift in July of 2007, meaning availability late July early August. You can't even order those yet. The 2007MY 2007 actual year cars are sold out, but the cars being built post July 2006 plant shutdown are defintely not sold out yet. By this time next year it should be easier to find a Sky I bet. Just order one from a dealer at any point and build it how you want it.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
skyepilot said:
they might raise the price,:eek: but the valuable ones are the first years production..................:)
If they do raise prices I'd expect them to be in line with the Solstice increases we saw the begining of 2006.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
skyepilot said:
they might raise the price,:eek: but the valuable ones are the first years production..................:)
-Why-?

·
Registered
517 Posts
wt2ga said:
because collectors prefer the lower vin numbers of the first years production.:)

which would you rather have, a new mustang or a first year production?
a new vette, or a first year production?

low vin, first year, collector car.:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
skyepilot said:
because collectors prefer the lower vin numbers of the first years production.:)

IF you keep it in pristine condition and IF you wait like 30 years it'll be worth something. To me though what's the point of buying a low cost Roadster if you're not going to enjoy it and beat the piss out of it.

Also since GM didn't do a "First 1000" batch like the Solstice the low VIN #'s might not be as valuable.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
brentil said:
IF you keep it in pristine condition and IF you wait like 30 years it'll be worth something. To me though what's the point of buying a low cost Roadster if you're not going to enjoy it and beat the piss out of it.

Also since GM didn't do a "First 1000" batch like the Solstice the low VIN #'s might not be as valuable.
Not necessarily true - but far from wrong.
When things are designated "collector's Items" or "special edition" or "First #" It can actually work AGAINST the value. Like if it is a flop.
Collectors want the car that was really owned and run and well cared for by a person. If that person was able to buy a first year edition and managed to keep it in to running condition, stock and document as so, the value of that could be more than some ones "Special Edition" as it was intended to sell the car - not attract collectors.
It is more age, originality and provenance that makes a car a collectible. If the line becomes "Classic" (I need only to point to Corvette) nearly every car has SOME value -- but condition and owner provenance take precedence....
So Skye has a good point as well, but low VIN - First Year - First 1000 really don't mean as much as -- Original equipment, condition and documentation as well as public demand (that last one is the GREAT unknown!)

·
Registered
453 Posts
HotSky said:
I was at my dealers yesterday and he told me they are going to raise the price of the sky next time :eek: .
T.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
My local dealer said expect increase

My local dealer said expect increase - but did not give any indication as to how much. $1000 to $2000 woudl be okay by me - but if a base model plus a few features gets to be over $30k that is not good. I would expect to see a base model with all factory options still coming in just below $30k (less tax an title, etc) and the Red Line with no add-ons to be under $30k but with all optipons to be over $30k.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
skyepilot said:

I would rather have a 1983 Corvette
any condition, any vin number

http://www.idavette.net/facts/83.htm

·
Registered
79 Posts
2008SKY said:
Hi,

If I wait next year, Will there plenty of 2008 Saturn Sky?

Jay

According to the General Manager at my dealership, the SKY will always (????) be a limited production car. The plan is that there will never be a number of them sitting on a dealership lot (According to the GM who was quoting Jil W.)

Any dealership members have any different info????

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
gayager said:
According to the General Manager at my dealership, the SKY will always (????) be a limited production car. The plan is that there will never be a number of them sitting on a dealership lot (According to the GM who was quoting Jil W.)

From what I was told, will be limited prod this year and next. I hate to say this out loud, but I would love it if they continue that way....:yesnod:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
gayager said:

same as the Solstices?

Jay

·
Registered
517 Posts
Dear Saturn, I say raise MSRP by 10,000 and then discount it by 5,000. You will be making a 5,000 profit and your customers wont accuse you of gouging as they are now.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts