Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

New member from Northern Illinois. I just wanted to say hello & thank you for posting so much useful information.

I recently purchased a two-owner yellow ‘08 Sky Red Line about a month ago with only 32k miles on it.

Wow! I can’t believe how much fun it is to drive this car. On only the sunny pleasant early days of the fall, I’ve added another 1,000 miles to the odometer doing nothing but joyriding and fall colors cruising on winding country back roads.

Sadly, she’ll be packed away for the Chicagoland winter any day now. However, I’ve been pouring over the forum getting ideas, learning about kappas, and planning my winter to do list.

Thank you again for sharing & contributing all the information.

Catonfarmer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Does anyone know what the tape on the underside of the hood, above the wheel well liners, is supposed to look like? Mine is dried up and looks like crap. Would appreciate pics from someone illuminating what it looks like in very good condition. Also, any suggestions for what to replace it with would be helpful too.

Here’s what mine look like:

Catonfarmer

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My car is an 07...it did come with that...but from your pics, that could be either a piece of rubber that prevents the hood from shaking at high speed...or material that prevents dust from entering the engine bay....it certainly is not the DDM rubber piece that prevent dust from entering the engine.
Yeah, it looks like it’s a thin tape that’s completely dried up now. I’m thinking my car previously spent a lot of time just sitting parked in the sun or maybe stored inside a very hot building. The wiper blades were hard & dried out too.

Kinda surprised no one else has responded with any similar tape on their hoods above the wheel wells (in either good or bad condition) on their cars. Could this have been something the dealer was supposed to remove before delivery?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not tape related, but did you check the date on the tires? Those on my new '08 purchase looked almost brand new with a build date of 2014. The new tires ride a lot softer.....and not as likely to blow out or go flat.
According to my research, the original tires on this car were replaced in Oct’14 with 6yr/40,000 mile Cooper Zeon RSE-A tires. By my calculation they are now 8 yrs old and have only 4000 miles on them. I’m thinking about replacing them next spring.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do you know how to read the build date? You will find a small oval with 4 numbers in it. The first two is the week, the last two is the year. Thus 5122 would be the 51'st week of 2022. Sending early spring and blue sky wishes.
They have 1814 stamped on the sidewall. May 2014

1 - 5 of 5 Posts