Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, if you own a Hydro Blue Sky, I humbly ask if you can leave a simple quick reply or just a "Hi" to this thread so there's at least an honest attempt to account for the 89 or remaining out there. I understand if a substantial amount will not even be on this website, but it would at least be nice to have a tally of those who have one, under one posting on the net. This is a great website so let's see how many Hydro Blue owners might respond or find this thread. Thanks

·
Premium Member
238 Posts

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
I have one ,i am painting it because the clearcoat is coming off.
Are you repainting it Hydro Blue? With a thicker clearcoat?
Do you keep yours outdoors or in a garage?
How many miles are on it?
Would like to know to keep an eye out for any degradation in ours.
Thanks for any info.

Our's is garaged 6 months out of the year and only has about 8200 miles on it.

Host for the 2012 PNWR 4th Annual Regionals
July 19-22, 2012 Clarkston, WA
http://www.portlandroadsters.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=71&Itemid=1

·
Registered
491 Posts
Are you repainting it Hydro Blue? With a thicker clearcoat?
Do you keep yours outdoors or in a garage?
How many miles are on it?
Would like to know to keep an eye out for any degradation in ours.
Thanks for any info.

Our's is garaged 6 months out of the year and only has about 8200 miles on it.

http://www.portlandroadsters.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=71&Itemid=1
I want your coupe.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i bought it last year in atlanta and drove it home to pennsylvania. It had 35K on it when i bought it, its a 2008 red line. It had clearcoat damage when i bought it, I intend to paint the whole car not just the clearcoat. I only drive it in the summer now.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
i bought it last year in atlanta and drove it home to pennsylvania. It had 35K on it when i bought it, its a 2008 red line. It had clearcoat damage when i bought it, I intend to paint the whole car not just the clearcoat. I only drive it in the summer now.
Hope you're going with the repaint as Hydro Blue! It's such a nice color in the sunshine.
The striping is available on e-pay, so you can replace those also.
Good luck and post pics when you're done!!
We really enjoy the looks our Hydro Blue gets from everyone. It's such a stunning color when viewed along side other metallic blues that GM has offered over the years.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
We have one here in our club. Optotronics.com
Are they a member of the SkyRoadster forum?
They should bring it up for our Regionals meet in July.
We'd love to another one coming from Colorado, we have 2 so far!:grouphug:
You should come up to Rob!!:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
That is a 2008? Didn't think this color wasn't available until the 2009 model year. Maybe someone had it painted hydro blue and that's why the clearcoat was peeling?
I just checked some data I have on disk and it appears you are right, Hydro Blue was only available for the 2009 Model Year. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
If it is a 2008, repainted as a Hydro Blue SE, then you have a fake!
As DaveOC stated, the true Hydro Blue SE's were only available as a 2009 limited edition.
There is a silver sticker on the drivers side next to the sticker that tells you your proper tire pressures, What month & year does your have printed on it.
Ours reads 03/09. FYI

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
Did they have blue stitching on the leather?

·
Premium Member
238 Posts

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
If it is a 2008, repainted as a Hydro Blue SE, then you have a fake!
As DaveOC stated, the true Hydro Blue SE's were only available as a 2009 limited edition.
There is a silver sticker on the drivers side next to the sticker that tells you your proper tire pressures, What month & year does your have printed on it.
Ours reads 03/09. FYI
scooter33,

please post the last 8 characters of your VIN#

as in xYxxxxxx, actually I only need the single character before the Y.

Your car could be a 2009 MY made during 2008.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Steve, you have the two models I'm most interested in since discovering this Kappa community! :dthumbs:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts