Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Steve, you have the two models I'm most interested in since discovering this Kappa community! :dthumbs:
:agree:
When I realized that the Sky wasn't going to receive a Coupe version, it led me to re-examine the Solstice as the Coupe option. When I first saw the Kappa's in 2007 I wanted a Sky Redline. But, I first chose the Solstice Coupe because it was going to be the last Pontiac new car made and I'd had an Opel GT back in the early 70's. When I finally saw the Hydro Blue Sky Redline in early September 2009 and found it to be such a rare color amongst all the Sky's made, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to finally acquire the Sky Redline that I had originally yearned for.:thumbs: We acquired it just a few days after Penske had determined not to purchase Saturn, and lucked out with 2 of the rarest Kappa's made. What Joy it's been since, to get all the looks and compliments that these beauties bring!:cool:
Thanks for your appreciation of some of the Best of both Kappa worlds.
We sure do enjoy them! Hope you're enjoying yours as well!

Host for the 2012 PNWR 4th Annual Regionals
July 19-22, 2012 Clarkston, WA
http://www.portlandroadsters.com/ind...id=71&Itemid=1

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Hi, ya like this and this?
Oh ya that would work for me!!
Don't tell me one person has both!!!

Sent from my GT-P1000R using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
86 Posts
Are they a member of the SkyRoadster forum?
They should bring it up for our Regionals meet in July.
We'd love to another one coming from Colorado, we have 2 so far!:grouphug:
You should come up to Rob!!:thumbs:

http://www.portlandroadsters.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=71&Itemid=1
Hi STVZ CARZ,
Yes we're a member of the forum, but haven't logged in since Oct.
Our Hydro blue redline has the manual transmission, so it's 1 of 12.
Yours being the auto is really 1 of only 37.
Ours too is garaged most of the winter, I think it has ~6k on it.

I'm pretty certain Scooter33's is not a hydro blue, none were made in model year 2008, so if his registration shows his car to be a 2008, then it's impossible. Some 2009's were manufactured in 2008 as shown in the date on the door panel; but it would have still been sold and registered 2009.
For instance my 2008 chili-pepper redline has a mfg. date of 11/07, but it's a 2008, not a 2007 on the registration.
One of the reasons there are so few of the hydro blue is that it was to be a limited edition with a planned 500 to be built. I think they were mentioned in the forum around Feb. of 2009 and maybe they actually started making them right after that. The factory then shut down or curtailed production of the kappa platform a couple times after that so by the time they closed in July if I remember correctly only 89 total had been built.

For your record, our hydro was built in May 2009.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
It's actually likely that the Hydro Blues were all built around the same time.

There was a picture posted here somewhere with a whole lot of them sitting outside the factory together.

If yours was built in May of 2009, most likely all of the other Hydro Blues were built right around then, making one built in 2008 (even as a 2009 model) not very likely.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Our release date/build date was yesterday 3/18/2009. Our coupe was also around this time. Even some of the pre-production 2010's were built this early in 2009.
Thanks Longmont-sky for the clarification on how many Redlines were Auto's & Manuals.
I had thought there were only about 10 manual, so thanks for the update!
Sure is nice having one of these rare colored roadsters. And really sparkles in the sunshine!

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Some pics of Jack's car
You should bring your's and Longmont-sky's cars up to our Regionals in July.
It would be great to see a couple Hydro Blue Sky's in the same place. And I'm sure folks would love to see your paint LIVE!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Picking mine up

sorry to revive this post but I'm picking my hydro blue up in 2 weeks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hydro Blue's

I still have mine, very low miles, mint condition, now in the Texas Hill Country

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
So, Hydro Blue is different than Midnight Blue?
And it wasn't a paint option in the original (2009) brochure... how did people know about it as an option? Was there a separate (later) promo piece?
It's a really nice color though... maybe the only blue I could ever see owning.
Reminds me of those old San Diego Chargers uniforms... Classic!

Edit: "Evening" Blue, not Midnight.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Yes, Hydro Blue is much different than all the blues. It is lighter and has millions of metallic flakes that glimmer and sparkle like the ocean on a sunny day.

I don't think there was enough time to cover the limited editions or 2010's which makes it that much more elusive. If you find the brochure, I'll pay you a $1,000,000!

·
Registered
750 Posts
21 - 39 of 39 Posts