Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those that have seen this color in person, does it look more purple or more blue? I have been focusing my search for a bluestone or midnight blue Sky, but wondering about the evening blue. It looks more purple than blue in pics.

Also, were there many cars made in the evening blue?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
11,101 Posts
I've seen it in person and it has a purple hue to it but unless you're really being critical, most would call it dark blue. I don't know how many were done in Evening Blue but since it was a 2009 MY Color only and 2009 was the lowest production year I'd guess there are fewer evening blue cars than any other blue Sky other than Hydro Blue.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I never really noticed it before, but all of my color related data, spreadsheets et al, only concern themselves with Solstices, and I've got really good data there. Skys, nothing! If you have a VIN for a 2009 Evening Blue Sky, I would be happy to run a CompNine build sheet, and I will probably get a number on the color.

:dunno:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I remember reading in an unrelated post someone here on the forum has access to the specific production numbers, and was able to break down production numbers by year, color, RL or base, transmission, etc. Here's a Vin for an 09' Evening Blue sky currently on feebay: 1G8MT35X79Y103781
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
OK, I ran a couple different VINs I dug up via Google, and they agreed on a total of 407 - MY2009 Saturn Skys in Evening Blue. There were approximately 4200 Skys made in MY2009.

That's about as close as you can get these days.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good info. Is there any public accessible database to know how many of the 407 Evening Blue were Redline and auto/manual?

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Good info. Is there any public accessible database to know how many of the 407 Evening Blue were Redline and auto/manual?
There may be, but if there is, I am unaware of it at this time. The GM Heritage Center might be able to answer that question, if you can get their attention.

Good luck with that.

:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
DaveOC, any production figures on the other Blues? (I'm guessing they are way higher than 407 for Bluestone and Midnight Blue...)
Nothing. All of my production numbers are strictly for the Solstice side of the ledger. I never realized this until I was looking at them recently. Evening Blue was only for one year and it was the lowest production year, so it is likely that Bluestone and Midnight Blue are much higher.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts