Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to light on I can not get car inspection done. Took it to Auto Zone and code reader results are P0016, P0017, P0010. Can someone please give me info on what they are and how much to fix?

·
Registered
259 Posts
P0016 and P0017 are cam position sensor errors. P0016 is the intake sensor, P0017 is the exhaust sensor. Since you are getting both errors I would suspect the crank position sensor is bad or has a lose connection since it is common between the two.

P0010 is also a cam position sensor error but I'm not sure how it differs from P0016/17.

Could also occur if the timing chain skipped a tooth.

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Here is a good video on what it COULD be. This is on a 2.4 (which the base Sky has) but this applies to the 2.0 as well as, in this particular area, they are basically identical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfpYGDwALmw

The two solenoids that are on the top of the engine (in this video he takes one out and tests it) are usually the culprits when you get these codes and can be easily swapped out without taking the valve cover off like he has done in this video. They run something like $50 each if you just want to swap them and see if that fixes your codes. It is not uncommon for these solenoids to fail...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts