Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 40 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Help me out here.

I went to the web site but couldnt find the different costs for the different events. Or is it an all or none weekend?
I probably cant do the whole weekend. Can you give me to or direct me to A la carte pricing?
Unless this event is being done significantly different from any other, everything is a la carte. The registration fee gets you the Saturday dinner and the t-shirts, everything else is (usually at least) optional and extra.

JRinKY is correct but let me add to this.... The fee that will be posted soon will go toward the Banquet Room/Buffet for Sat Night, T-shirt and Lanyard with name tag along with your welcome packet which includes maps of the runs you choose to sign up for as well as schedules for the group activities.

The extras that you need to plan on is your meals on Thurs and Friday along with any extra activities you choose to do. ( zip line, tubing etc....)

I hope that this helps answer your question....feel free to pm me with any other questions you might have.....

This event is one of the longest running annual meets, it started out with about 10 cars in 06 and has grown to 70-80 cars last year. We have people from all over the Southeast... We try to offer lots of different activities and most people use this as a vacation and come down for more than the 3 days..... Hope to see ya there.....

Kim

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Ok Folks..... A little information for ya.....

The date of the Dragon was posted on 2-1 and today 2-7 and we already have

23 people and 14 cars

signed up for this.... Wow

Last year we had around 70 cars and 100 people..... can we get 80 plus cars ?????

The full list of Attendees can be found on our Website "solsticeskyatthedragon.com"​

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
I am trying to get a group from Michigan together to come down for this event this year hope to have 5-10 Kappas.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I just registered - I wouldn't miss it.
:cheers:

·
Registered
500 Posts
This event is one of the longest running annual meets, it started out with about 10 cars in 06 and has grown to 70-80 cars last year. We have people from all over the Southeast...
Boston is part of the southeast?!??? :eek:
When did this happen?!!

:D

·
Registered
243 Posts
Boston is part of the southeast?!??? :eek:
When did this happen?!!

:D
Hey wait a minute, you're from Boston? Sorry registration is closed. We didn't realize you were "one of them". Now if you would like to denounce your Yankee ways we might consider opening the registration back up.

Opps just remembered you were there last year so I guess that grandfathers you in. :jester:

·
Registered
500 Posts
Hey wait a minute, you're from Boston? Sorry registration is closed. We didn't realize you were "one of them". Now if you would like to denounce your Yankee ways we might consider opening the registration back up.

Opps just remembered you were there last year so I guess that grandfathers you in. :jester:
Too late :rofl: had way too much fun last year (even including my fuel pump fiasco) to miss it this year - I'll hoist one with you there and we'll forget all about 'that silly line'... :cheers: <ducking> :jester:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Too late :rofl: had way too much fun last year (even including my fuel pump fiasco) to miss it this year - I'll hoist one with you there and we'll forget all about 'that silly line'... :cheers: <ducking> :jester:
You mean the Smart Line?:D

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I've registered (5 days ago), but not seeing any evidence. :willy:
The website is supposed to email me when someone registers and for some reason it did not. I did receive yours and nomead so you are set..... I will update the attendees tomorrow.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hey KY!..........just registered.......look forward to seeing the Kims "Trifecta" again. :cheers: Also meeting new folks and having a go at The Dragon. :driving:

Rusty

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Hey KY!..........just registered.......look forward to seeing the Kims "Trifecta" again. :cheers: Also meeting new folks and having a go at The Dragon. :driving:

Rusty
Good job Rusty... It will be good to see you again...:thumbs:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

Rusty
Got ya registered......

The website is updated with the the most current listing of Registered Attendees......

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
We are all working hard to make this a great event this year...... We will be going back to basics and focus on the roads and driving.... We hope to have the event fees posted in the next week so please keep checking the website for the most up to date information......

·
Registered
945 Posts
as on Sol-side

no point in starting a new thread

THE DRAGON IS CLOSED FOR A MONTH OR MORE

From tailofthedragon.com:

March14, 2010: The rock slide on US 129 is located between the Dragon and Happy Valley Road/Foothills Parkway. Removal is scheduled to take several weeks. The road will likely be blocked completely at times, but for now there is one lane open with flaggers. There is no guarantee the one-lane will remain open and as of today we know of no way to check ahead. The only alternatives are the Cherohala Skyway which got more snow this morning and US 441 through the Great Smoky Mountains. Remember it’s a long way to backtrack if the road is completely closed.

·
Registered
972 Posts
as on Sol-side

no point in starting a new thread

THE DRAGON IS CLOSED FOR A MONTH OR MORE

From tailofthedragon.com:

March14, 2010: The rock slide on US 129 is located between the Dragon and Happy Valley Road/Foothills Parkway. Removal is scheduled to take several weeks. The road will likely be blocked completely at times, but for now there is one lane open with flaggers. There is no guarantee the one-lane will remain open and as of today we know of no way to check ahead. The only alternatives are the Cherohala Skyway which got more snow this morning and US 441 through the Great Smoky Mountains. Remember it’s a long way to backtrack if the road is completely closed.

Several weeks??? Wow it sure takes them a long time to get their rocks off down there.

21 - 40 of 109 Posts