Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have no connection with this gentleman and make nothing for posting this information.

The big mirrors for the driver side have been found. Living in the midwest.

If you go to Ebay item #143221516571 you can buy one. He has several.

If you have purchased the passenger side in the past from source one hoping they would someday appear, they have.

This is the favorite mod I have done to the car. They truly are a vast improvement from the stock mirrors.

He does have a few, but not a tremendous amount. If you want them, I would move fast. You will not be disappointed.

They can be made to work on a Solstice, but takes work.

I have had them on both of my cars and never had a single problem with them. According to GM/Opel they needed some brace for the inside. I do not have them on my cars.

·
Registered
331 Posts
can i get anyone to order me a left mirror.
says it wont ship to canada.i will pay a profit
and shipping etc to get one here.please help me out if you can.
i have a right mirror need this left.

robert

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have no connection with this gentleman and make nothing for posting this information.

If you have purchased the passenger side in the past from source one hoping they would someday appear, they have.

This is the favorite mod I have done to the car. They truly are a vast improvement from the stock mirrors.

He does have a few, but not a tremendous amount. If you want them, I would move fast. You will not be disappointed.

I have had them on both of my cars and never had a single problem with them. According to GM/Opel they needed some brace for the inside. I do not have them on my cars.
i can not get shipping to canada from his listing.looking for help to get one any color.will pay for everything plus extra to compensate for the hassle.pm me if you can help.

·
Registered
331 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts

can not get that ebay number to work.can get the one from davehamm to work.

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
If the listing is correct he had 7, and I just got the last one. We'll see.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
If the listing is correct he had 7, and I just got the last one. We'll see.
Silver one still listed
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Door-Mirro...pean-Spec-For-Saturn-Sky-Opel-GT/143221538449

BLack one shows 7 sold but 7 still available. (total = available + sold, Available is not the full count - I believe)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Door-Mirro...pean-Spec-For-Saturn-Sky-Opel-GT/143221516571

If you check the row below the buy it button, it says more than 49% sold. (I believe its 14 totall = 7 still available + 7 sold)

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
That's why I said "We'll see." It said 85% sold when I went there. I don't think the numbers mean anything.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Enjoy the mirrors...

Remember that post I made about the GMPP reservoir and mentioned the cases of mirrors languishing in warehouses in Europe. Well I found this source and let Bob know yesterday. He was ordering two. Guess I should have posted here then but whatever...I knew they would go like lightning once the "Sky Guys" found out.

Thanks for the credit on the find.

Richard Snipes

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ordered a black. Now to hold it and hope a passenger comes up one day.

·
Premium Member
5,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I spoke with him yesterday, he has more, but I would not delay on getting one if you want one..

KVandenh1, the passenger side mirrors were purchased by Source 1 after the closing. All have been sold. But there were quite a few of them, so the chance is there. I would watch this forum for them to start to appear.

I bought one about four years ago and sat it away. I had thought about buying a bunch of them, but was not brave enough to do that. I felt they had been destroyed.

·
Registered
18,475 Posts
200 dollars is a steep price to pay for something u rarely use...and that is just for one side. I personally was never a fan of the enlarged mirror. I liked the 1970-72 GM mirrors that were installed as OEM.

·
Premium Member
5,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mike, did you ever try them on a car. I was the same way until I put them on the car. If you remember correctly I only bought them to PO a certain poster. I put them on a garbage can initially just to make him more angry. After about three months, I was putting the smoker package option in (I have never smoked, but it was another Opel GT option) and decided to stick the driver side on. I liked the look, but when looking thru it fell in love with the mirror. Nothing like the stock mirrors. Much larger view area and seems to have a different bend to the glass to make it see a wider area behind you.

I put them on and Robotech did not notice them, I had to tell him I did it. Have never had anyone say they were different. They fit the car I guess is what I am saying. My wife does not back up a car. It normally ends up a disaster, no matter what she is backing up. Wiped out three of our vehicles in one fatal swoop. lol Good mirrors are a must.

As far as rarely use, I use mine continuously. Far more than the rear view mirror. I guess because of driving vans and trucks with blocked rear view made me more conscious of the side mirrors.

I honestly would never drive my car without these mirrors. This will be my third set and would be open to buying another passenger window to make it four sets. They are that much better than the original Sky mirrors.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
200 dollars is a steep price to pay for something u rarely use.. .
Ok, I can see if I was saying this, since I rarely drive the sky, but yours is your Daily Driver right.. how do you drive and rarely use your side mirrors, don't you ever change lanes?

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
........ how do you drive and rarely use your side mirrors, don't you ever change lanes?
I have driven around a lot of people that change lanes frequently (and rapidly), but don't appear to ever use their mirrors. It is a major reason that I sold my motorcycle.

·
Premium Member
5,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here in SoCal most just turn on their signal and go. We also have motorcycles splitting lanes. Meaning they come flying thru between cars on the freeway or any multiple lane roads. We also have people that refuse to leave the left hand lane. Will run slower than the main line of traffic. I drove over to Phoenix last weekend, and without doubt, the California drivers were far and away the worst drivers on the road.

I could not drive the Sky with out the side mirrors. I have driven the two NA"s I have with the standard mirrors and it looks like your looking thru a peep hole comparatively.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts