Saturn Sky Forum banner
41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
I agree 200%, too often a complete car/bike/bicycle/pedestrian is not visible in a mirror.
I would suggest you don't have your mirror's adjusted properly. Depending on the car (and I will admit to not know this on the sky) but you can get coverage so that you would never miss a full car.

Of course not sure how many other people go to a full parking lot and adjust there mirrors till they have full coverage? Or while driving down the highway, track cars that are either passing them or they are passing in there mirrors, and adjust the mirrors to maintain coverage.

·
Super Moderator
11,612 Posts
You seem to interpret the poster differently then I did. He seemed to imply he didn't need mirrors as he could look around. But also if your mirrors have good coverage so you have no blind spot there is no need to look around. Trust your mirrors.
Also if your not using your mirror (as the poster implied to me) you would be spending more than a tenth of second.
True if you're not using your mirrors it would take more than a tenth of a second. Hence why I believe you should do both.

I'll also tell you that just "trusting your mirrors" is not enough. While riding my motorcycle I got hit by an SUV who was "trusting her mirrors". I wasn't sharing lanes, I wasn't following the car in front of me too closely. I have 8 hours of a day missing from my memory, a wrecked motorcycle, and a month of Physical Therapy because of it. So I may be a BIT biased about checking your blind spots even with the mirrors adjusted properly to clear blind spots.

I mean could you imagine being at a party talking about the newest motorcycle helmet, and someone stops in and says motorcycle helmets those are dumb just drive a car. :lol::willy:
I've actually had this happen.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Of course not sure how many other people go to a full parking lot and adjust there mirrors till they have full coverage? Or while driving down the highway, track cars that are either passing them or they are passing in there mirrors, and adjust the mirrors to maintain coverage.
Dave, you are going to get a kick out of this ....... remember the time a little while back ...... when we did a little language corrections and when you caught me ....... and I said "Game On"?

Here goes: For these sentence parts above, 1) "go to a full parking lot and adjust there mirrors" and 2) "either passing them or they are passing in there mirrors". Could we all conclude that "there" should have been spelled "their"? Oh yes, we often accuse the software for the incorrect changes, but that leaves the proof reading burden on ourselves, LOL.

Dave, now your turn to catch me ....... LOL. :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Dave, you are going to get a kick out of this ....... remember the time a little while back ...... when we did a little language corrections and when you caught me ....... and I said "Game On"?

Here goes: For these sentence parts above, 1) "go to a full parking lot and adjust there mirrors" and 2) "either passing them or they are passing in there mirrors". Could we all conclude that "there" should have been spelled "their"? Oh yes, we often accuse the software for the incorrect changes, but that leaves the proof reading burden on ourselves, LOL.

Dave, now your turn to catch me ....... LOL. :lol:
No as I said then.. you were redundant and one of my pet peeves, trust me I was not catching a grammer mistake. I ain't got no good english. Do we have signature lines here, I think we do.. I need to update mine like I did on another forum..

Oh my mirror showed up today, well packed and in its own protective sock. Have lots of pics on phone, going to try and post from there, or their, or they're.
Just had this discussion with my daughter yesterday. I swear when they created the english language they, or thay set out to make it as hard as possible. Why is Foot and Boot not pronounced the same way.. :willy::willy::willy::willy:

Reactions: 44thSKY

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
So how much work is it to install a side mirror?

Wondering if its worth it to just put the black one on sometime for wifey to see if she likes it.

I hate pulling door trim, christmas tree fasteners always break.

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
I hate pulling door trim, christmas tree fasteners always break.
... then it's a good job there are no christmas tree fasteners on the door panels! :)

From memory, there's a screw in the outer edge (door jamb), one behind the little panel behind the 'unlatch' lever, a couple behind the triangular panel behind the door-pull. Then pull the panel to unclip along the bottom and up the rear edges. Then out and up off the top lip and get space enough to unhook the door latch cable and switch connectors.

·
Registered
331 Posts
got my lh big mirror today.off to bodyshop
to get painted white(body color-both lh and rh )
thanks again to skersfan for his help in getting the lh one here.
when i get them installed will post pics before and after.

·
Super Moderator
11,612 Posts
got my lh big mirror today.off to bodyshop
to get painted white(body color-both lh and rh )
thanks again to skersfan for his help in getting the lh one here.
when i get them installed will post pics before and after.
It really is strange how, once they are on the car, they really don't stand out. However, the visibility to the rear is a night and day difference...like the first time you use them I bet it will actually shock you. LOL

·
Administrator
7,088 Posts
I think, after studying the ones I have, that the biggest difference is the spacing away from the car. The larger size is certainly a factor, but moving them out makes for a much better sight line past the fender.

Reactions: RedOne07

·
Premium Member
5,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I agree with that but the mirror is different. Gives a wider view of what is behind you.. John whether it is a neat mod or not, istn't the question. Is the car safer. Kind of like are good tires good enough or are better tires safer. If you have them installed, I virtually promise you will like them. Looking at them off the car, I didn't like them at all. But felt it was an Opel deal, and I was hot into rebading mine into a Opel. Once I got them on, noticed they looked a little bigger, but actually fit the lines of the car better, I thought. Once you drive with them, game over, well at least it was fro me.. I like having the because they are rare, but I like having them because I think they are so much safer.

·
Registered
331 Posts
got the opel gt 2010 eu mirrors installed today.
what a huge difference.basically no blind spot with roof up.
best mod i have ever done to my sky.
i recomend this to anyone who can find 2 mirrors.
the saftey gains are well worth it.
if you can find aspherical eu glass to put on the
normal mirrors it would make a huge difference also.

sorry for the upside down pics,can;t get them straight

Attachments

·
Registered
331 Posts
It really is strange how, once they are on the car, they really don't stand out. However, the visibility to the rear is a night and day difference...like the first time you use them I bet it will actually shock you. LOL
blew me away robotech.can't believe the difference.
skersfan was right about these.so lucky to have them.

41 - 60 of 87 Posts