Saturn Sky Forum banner
61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Heheh! Sorry I've been away all week. That was supposed to be "Real men don't look behind". But a lot funnier as "rear men" :D

·
Registered
331 Posts
just a check in to see if any kappa owners besides
skersfan and myself have got a set of the big mirrors
and installed them.just trying to gauge how many sets
are in exsitance as lefts just came out and rights were
available a couple of years ago.

·
Administrator
7,088 Posts
I have a set, not yet installed.

·
Premium Member
5,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
I now have three sets and two extra driver side mirrors. The last set will be installed next week. John put them on, if you don't like them I will pay for your dinner at the South Dakota National!!!! I promise you will not regret it in any way, other than you did not do it sooner. And no I am not giving a set to Sooner!!!.

·
Administrator
7,088 Posts
.......... John put them on, if you don't like them I will pay for your dinner at the South Dakota National!!!! I promise you will not regret it in any way, other than you did not do it sooner. ........
I'm sure I will like them, but there are other higher priorities right now. Some day. Sadly I will not be in SD. We will be in the middle of a major equipment installation and I won't be able to leave.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
I need a Passenger side.. I think thats the side I need... Then I gotta get uhm painted.. but not till I have a pair... I guess if the wife would drive it more, maybe I would do just the passenger side.

·
Premium Member
5,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
davhamm, If you bought the passenger side a few years ago, this is the side you need. The driver side has never been available until Safari 405 found them a few months back.

She might drive it more with the big mirrors. Never know. I just put a set on the wife's NA,, her daily driver starting a week from Monday. Drove it on the free way last night and said they were much better.

If you need a driver side and the others are gone, let me know I bought two extra driver side mirrors.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
davhamm, If you bought the passenger side a few years ago, this is the side you need. The driver side has never been available until Safari 405 found them a few months back.

She might drive it more with the big mirrors. Never know. I just put a set on the wife's NA,, her daily driver starting a week from Monday. Drove it on the free way last night and said they were much better.

If you need a driver side and the others are gone, let me know I bought two extra driver side mirrors.
NO I bought the Drivers side this time.. but didn't buy the passenger side last time :(

Maybe the C8 Mirrors will fit. (its a joke they wont) Well they wont look the same and they mount differently but i am sure someone could get them on the car if they really wanted to.

·
Premium Member
5,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
I thought because of the Chris Price deal you would have bought the passenger side.

There was a guy that mounted the Vette mirrors on his car, he had a Solstice coupe.

But the Opel mirrors are totally different in the lens part. You can't see it holding it up and looking at so to speak. You realize how much more area is covered by the mirror once you install them. Really hard to explain. I am looking for two more passenger mirrors now. lol Chris was right about this one for sure. Should have bought more than the one. Oh well I am ahead of the curve on the next bunch.

·
Registered
331 Posts
just bringing this post back to life to see if JohnWR has installed his mirrors yet and if anybody else had a left and found a right and installed them.skersfan had 3 sets,me 1,JohnWR 1,1 set went to texas and 1 set went to europe on a 2010 opel gt.that makes 7 known sets in the world.it would be cool to hear if there were anymore sets out there.update,skersfan broke a set and sold a right mirror to emm,but still only 7 sets.

·
Super Moderator
11,612 Posts
just bringing this post back to life to see if JohnWR has installed his mirrors yet and if anybody else had a left and found a right and installed them.skersfan had 3 sets,me 1,JohnWR 1,1 set went to texas and 1 set went to europe on a 2010 opel gt.that makes 7 known sets in the world.it would be cool to hear if there were anymore sets out there.update,skersfan broke a set and sold a right mirror to emm,but still only 7 sets.
I believe there are only 7 documented sets but there could be more.

·
Administrator
7,088 Posts
I believe there are only 7 documented sets but there could be more.
I believe that you are correct.

There is still work being done to reproduce them, however.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I am, for one, although without a lot of progress at the moment.

I am not worried about seeing what's behind me or next to me with my
current mirrors in use- what I am worried about it other drivers not seeing me
in their side mirrors, or the occasional Italian driver missing his rear view mirror.
Our cars sit low to the ground- not visible to some people's eyes when checking
behind them or in modern day terms a 360 cam view now associated with most
new cars of today.

LAC

·
Administrator
7,088 Posts

I am not worried about seeing what's behind me or next to me with my
current mirrors in use- what I am worried about it other drivers not seeing me
in their side mirrors, or the occasional Italian driver missing his rear view mirror.
Our cars sit low to the ground- not visible to some people's eyes when checking
behind them or in modern day terms a 360 cam view now associated with most
new cars of today.

LAC
I find the stock mirrors to be perfectly adequate, I am working on a reproduction because it is a "thing".

·
Registered
549 Posts
In 2016 BMW brought a mirrorless i8 to the CES, it used cameras instead of mirrors. Just wondering if that type of technology is feasible and could be retrofitted to our and other cars?

61 - 80 of 87 Posts