Saturn Sky Forum banner
81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Administrator
7,088 Posts
In 2016 BMW brought a mirrorless i8 to the CES, it used cameras instead of mirrors. Just wondering if that type of technology is feasible and could be retrofitted to our and other cars?
It is certainly feasible, but whether it is practicable is another question.

·
Registered
18,463 Posts
I was just wondering if that could be an affordable alternative to those unhappy with the stock Sky mirrors. Perhaps…. someday…
Our Sky mirrors are from the GM vault....they are off most GM cars produced in the early 70s. I had them on my 72 LeMans Sport.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Our Sky mirrors are from the GM vault....they are off most GM cars produced in the early 70s. I had them on my 72 LeMans Sport.
I was wondering if they were a one off production. Perhaps the housing and mirror are the same, but the difference could be with the electronics, to be able to use the remote switch to adjust them. That makes me wonder if they are truly the same, could it be possible to transplant the electronics?

·
Administrator
7,088 Posts
I was wondering if they were a one off production. Perhaps the housing and mirror are the same, but the difference could be with the electronics, to be able to use the remote switch to adjust them. That makes me wonder if they are truly the same, could it be possible to transplant the electronics?
What do you want to transplant them to?

·
Registered
18,463 Posts
That's exactly what they did....there was a small handle inside the car...where u could manually adjust the mirror but it is the identical styling. The only reason the 2010 mirrors are different is because the Europeans changed the code. If u can recall in 2010...all makes changed their mirrors to conform to the new European code.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts