Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a 2010 for sale but has been for sale in Florida back in 2012 for $40,000. Someone is Georgia has same vehicle (checked VIN) and was $18,000+ on Monday but now reduce to $17,000. Too good to be true? :|

·
Premium Member
623 Posts

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Relatively rare car. Built on 23-Apr-2009

Kind of early for a 2010 car, perhaps kind of a 2010 pre-production
GM always builds several of the next model year cars a couple of months before the model year changeover. This is to test the incoming years options and to see if any production line changes need to be made.

So, near the end of the 2009 model year production, GM built 30 2010 Kappas (12 Solstice Coupes, 8 Solstice Convertibles, 8 Saturn Skys, and 2 Opel GTs).
All the cars were then executive driven for the purpose of testing, and then they ended up in the GM dealer auctions and were able to be sold via the dealer network as "executive drive" or "Used".

All 8 of the Saturn Sky 2010 cars were purchased by the Minneapolis-St.Paul area Saturn Dealer, and were sold quite promptly.

This is the info I have on file: 1G8MC3CB5AY100003, Saturn Sky Convertible, built 4/21/2009, Black exterior, Lt. Cashmere Leather interior, Tan Top, LE5 engine. Auto Trans., Chrome Wheels, and Air Conditioning.

I do have a build sheet from CompNine for this vehicle if anyone needs to see it.

:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Relatively rare car. Built on 23-Apr-2009
That is the official GM entry on this car, but according to Markkk on Solsticeforum, it showed up at the end of the production line on 4/21/2009. Markkk was employed by a GM subcontractor who worked at the Wilmington plant, and probably knows as much or more than anyone else that worked at the plant. He's the one that supplied a lot of the "promo stuff" that went with some of the more notable cars. He supplied Solstice book, die cast model and a lot of similar stuff for the last Kappa Car to do down the line. He is a car guy at heart.

2010 Kappa pilot production dates and information. - Pontiac Solstice Forum

:thumbs:

·
Super Moderator
11,238 Posts
Cars for Sale: Used 2010 Saturn Sky in , Warner Robins GA: 31088 Details - Convertible - Autotrader

Not sure what the big deal is, it has over 40,000 miles on it and it is a NA model. Looking at it the body interior etc looks the same as my 2007.

You would also be at least the third if not 4th owner at this point.
You're right, the build of the car is absolutely no different than a 2009. However, when it comes to collecting small, stupid things make a difference...

Like this is technically a 2010 and the number of this model year can be counted on your hands with digits left over. People talk about 2000 cars of a certain model built in a certain model year as being rare. This particular car is 1 of 8. To a collector, this is a huge deal.

Assuming, of course, our cars ever make a splash on the collectors market.

·
Registered
854 Posts
IF it is 1 of 8, then that is pretty rare. Collector car? Maybe all depends on the buyer and the market for it in the future. Still with some 34K models of the SKY produced I would say yes it is rare, for us at least.

The first one, the last one, maybe that first Mallet, a special one off color with limited options would be collector cars now, maybe later the Kappa will become a collectors car in the big picture. With the small amount of 2010 models produced, before the demise of Saturn and Pontiac, it could be a special model only some know about.

LAC

·
Registered
2 Posts
There's a 2010 for sale but has been for sale in Florida back in 2012 for $40,000. Someone is Georgia has same vehicle (checked VIN) and was $18,000+ on Monday but now reduce to $17,000. Too good to be true? :|
The 2010 Saturn Sky that was for sale in Florida back in 2012 was mine! I did finally sell it but didn't get the 40K! I sold it to an Active Duty Air Force man and his wife! Probably how it ended up in Georgia! Would love to get it back though!! As you all know only 8 of them! Guessing I didn't hold on to it long enough!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
This was mine, I was the first owner, finally sold it! I use to be a member with user name RRDDPP! You might be able to find my old comments arount the 2012 time!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts