Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fast forward to 8:05, since this is a concept car expect the production car to be toned down a little and things changed to meet safety standards. Sorry, this isn't high def video. Dimensions are in the neighborhood of 172ish inches long, 72 inches wide, and 50 inches high, give or take.

This one is so edgy and hip it's hard to watch!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Fast forward to 8:05, since this is a concept car expect the production car to be toned down a little and things changed to meet safety standards. Sorry, this isn't high def video. Dimensions are in the neighborhood of 172ish inches long, 72 inches wide, and 50 inches high, give or take.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxreWBM2wR0

This one is so edgy and hip it's hard to watch!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdf478N77eY
Look at the Maybach 6 Cabriolet. First car I have ever seen that is, IMHO, more beautiful than the Jaguar E Type. Now to figure out how I can trade the E type up to a Maybach :cool:

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
People weren't too outraged at the Z3 when it came out, although it always looked somehow a bit truncated and hump in the middle and the shark gills didn't do much for me.

The coupe, despite the odd body style didn't look as short and the M version looked pretty interesting (and are now actually gaining value due to rarity).

When Chris Bangle was running design for BMW, he took a lot of criticism for his edgy style. One model he came up with was the Z4:

I own the M coupe and my wife refers to it and our Solstice coupe as the 'Twins' - similar body lines and even wheels. Having restored many cars, though, the Z4 is much more expensive to repair body damage with hard lines and complex curves!
unorthodox styling and elaborated on it with more plunging lines and scallops and scoops (the large front scoops at each side kind of turn me off).

I'll reserve judgement on the Maybach, which looks to be a retro 1930s/40s styling exercise, except t say that I think we can all agree that it is a 'happy' car....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts