Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was told by they guy that does the whole deal at the auto show that the SKY is going to have a base price around 21,000. i told him that it was supposed to be 25,000, but he insisted otherwise.

anyone want to post some pictures for me? i've got a picture of most of the car except for the car as a whole... sad but true.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, but i have some more from the auto show. didn't know if anyone wanted them or not
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Vita said:
was told by they guy that does the whole deal at the auto show that the SKY is going to have a base price around 21,000. i told him that it was supposed to be 25,000, but he insisted otherwise.
QUOTE]

The guy was obviously high on crack :D
Count on about $2K on top of the Solstice MSRP just for additional std equip and another $1 - $2K for the nameplate...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
SkyHawk said:
Vita said:
was told by they guy that does the whole deal at the auto show that the SKY is going to have a base price around 21,000. i told him that it was supposed to be 25,000, but he insisted otherwise.
QUOTE]

The guy was obviously high on crack :D
Count on about $2K on top of the Solstice MSRP just for additional std equip and another $1 - $2K for the nameplate...
I agree to the point that 1-2k for name, but add all options available on Sol to get base of Sky cause it's all supposed to be standard equip on Sky.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
432 Posts
since when has saturn been associated with higher class than pontiac? why should i have to pay $2k for a saturn name? most people would scoff at the car only because it is a saturn. I am willing to pay the higher cost for the sky, however, i do have the reservation that i am paying for something of worth. they must be able to show me something that justifies the added cost.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,360 Posts
swatthefly said:
since when has saturn been associated with higher class than pontiac? why should i have to pay $2k for a saturn name? most people would scoff at the car only because it is a saturn. I am willing to pay the higher cost for the sky, however, i do have the reservation that i am paying for something of worth. they must be able to show me something that justifies the added cost.
Because GM has said on several occasions that they're moving Saturn into Oldsmobiles old place which is upscale of Chevy and Pontiac. The Sky and the Aura are there first two cars to show this upscale nature. Once the restructuring is done all of the Saturn cars will supposedly have new looks, and be the mid-class GM line.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
swatthefly said:
they must be able to show me something that justifies the added cost.
would having options on the solstice standard on the sky work for you :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Actually, some people WOULD pay more for the Saturn name. I'm one of them. I'm a true-blue Saturn fan. I've only ever owned Saturns, and I only plan on ever owning Saturns. They build great cars, and it's unfortunate that a lot of people just don't see that. Not to mention the customer service (which seems to be the only people think about in connection with Saturn) that is 200% better than anything else I've ever experienced.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Bluesky, thats great, I'm looking forward to this buying experience now. I hadn't thought about it 'til now, but being that the Sky is a Saturn... MSRP is the price we pay? No price gouging will be possible when the Sky is made available?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,360 Posts
Unless GM's plan to make Saturn more upscale also messes with the current dealership mentality it should stay the way it was before.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
naoki said:
Bluesky, thats great, I'm looking forward to this buying experience now. I hadn't thought about it 'til now, but being that the Sky is a Saturn... MSRP is the price we pay? No price gouging will be possible when the Sky is made available?
Yes, it'll fall under the "No Haggle, No Hassle" pricing. So will the Aura.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
432 Posts
BlueSky said:
Yes, it'll fall under the "No Haggle, No Hassle" pricing. So will the Aura.
woohoo!

thats good because, if they ask me more than MSRP, ill just "no haggle/no hassle" them back down to MSRP! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
friend at saturn

i know the finance manager at one of the saturn dealers around me he said what he was told is 19000 base and 24000 loaded. who got the scratch and sniff sky guide. i thought that was cool.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,360 Posts
onefastx said:
i know the finance manager at one of the saturn dealers around me he said what he was told is 19000 base and 24000 loaded. who got the scratch and sniff sky guide. i thought that was cool.
The Solstice bases at $19,995 and maxes out at ~$25k. There's no way the Sky is going to cost less then the Solstice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
onefastx said:
i know the finance manager at one of the saturn dealers around me he said what he was told is 19000 base and 24000 loaded. who got the scratch and sniff sky guide. i thought that was cool.
I got that (I wish they had replaced the closeup of Mr. Scruffy with another pick of the car tho.) :)

I also got a similar bi-fold thing of the Aura.. looks sweet, if I were looking for a sedan :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
250 Posts
As a matter of principe you will not see the base at 19K options like the ac power everything the upgrade audio system on the Sol are standard.. then there is the quality of the parts to contend with. This is a major factor, as you see the differences on the finish of the two producs. I'm sure that with just the above mentioned differences a 23K base would probably be on the mark. 25K is not unheard of.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,360 Posts
Lets play the figures game, instead of the "my Saturn rep told me" game. I can't harp on it enough, pile a huge block of NaCl ontop of anything a dealer says [unless it's GTOJ, Small Dealer, or Con].

The Sky is a Solstice with the following options standard that we know of.

Base Solstice: -----------$19,995
ABS: --------------------$400
AC: ---------------------$960
Power Package: ---------$625
Convenience Package: ---$465
Estimate: ---------------$22,445

With those items alone we're at $22,445 for the options we know it has at least. There's supposedly a "Saturn" markup for being upscale, I'll hazard $500. So we're at $23k base Sky price. There are other options it might come with too, maybe floor mats, polished rims, options the Solstice doesn't have, etc.
 
1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Top