Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the call. #2186 just rolled off the truck! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Picking it up Saturday morning... which is great timing becasue we are expecting 6 inches of rain in the next few days... but hey, it's here!

50 days, 19 hours from deposit to delivery. (but who is counting?) :jester:

Silver Graphite
Black on Black
Automatic
LSD
Monsoon 6 disk w/XM

Pix to follow if the sun ever comes out again.

:cool:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Grats! Hope you enjoy it! I can't wait to finally bring mine home.

I'm at 60days since Imaging and no VIN or even a TPW ;P
92 days since deposit =P

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
tyler07 have you called your dealer, you are much closer than you think...call and have them lookup just your order number in VOM and check.....Seal9:cheers:

·
Registered
233 Posts
I just did, and my salesman talked with the GM and looked it up.

It's still just sitting at 3000 since 3/22.

There's nothing else on the printout.

/shrug :banghead:

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
I don't understand....are they looking up your order number on it's own, or is it the general print out of all of the orders they have in..I'm being told by a friend you have a TPW...????? in fact it's all ready pasted....????seal9

·
Registered
262 Posts
tyler07 said:
I just did, and my salesman talked with the GM and looked it up.

It's still just sitting at 3000 since 3/22.

There's nothing else on the printout.

/shrug :banghead:
Gee, they're built just up the road from you. Jump on I-95 and go knock on the factories door and say, "Yo, what's with my car?" If you don't get a good answer, just take one out of the lot.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't despair, I got very little info along the way.... Just when it seemed that things were at a complete standstill... everything starts happening! :cheers:

Won't be long. I bet yours was on the same truck as mine... they just stopped here first. :D

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Trebuchet said:
Don't despair, I got very little info along the way.... Just when it seemed that things were at a complete standstill... everything starts happening! :cheers:

Won't be long. I bet yours was on the same truck as mine... they just stopped here first. :D
When did you image...order #...TPW...all that stuff? I'm trying to figure out some logical reason as to why some orders that went into the ordering system in April, are being built before orders that went in in late March. Very frustrating. :banghead:

BTW...congrats on the arrival of your Sky! :cheers:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Imaged MARCH 23 - GGG814 (corrected)

Never got a TPW, or real confirmation of status until this morning. :D

I did call saturn twice last week, but I got conflicting reports. One person said it went 3800 on 4/7... two days later, I called again and they said it went 3800 on 5/1... :confused:

I'm trying to figure out some logical reason as to why some orders that went into the ordering system in April, are being built before orders that went in in late March. Very frustrating.
Yea, It doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. All I can figure is that the constraints on leather, chrome, and Autos, played havoc with the ordering system and the order of vehicles produced.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Trebuchet said:
Imaged april 23 - GGG814

Never got a TPW, or real confirmation of status until this morning. :D

Hmm...not trying to question your information, but are you sure your Sky was imaged on the 4/23? The timeframe from image to delivery just doesn't seem possible to me...that's like less than 20 days! Almost makes me wonder if your Sky wasn't imaged on or around 3/23...which would be more in line with what your order # indicates. Most of the folks that were imaged in late March...got order #'s starting with "GGG"...and your order # is awfully close to that of "Rick Tinely Park"...who was imaged on 3/23 and has an order # of GGG802. If your car really was imaged on 4/23...your order # doesn't make sense to me...seems like it should be much higher in sequence than what it is. Very strange, indeed.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You are Correct... Image should read MARCH 23rd...

I'm Still a bit giddy about the delivery... :willy: :willy: :willy:

An April 23 image would constitute a miracle. :D

I think my image was generated within minutes of Rick's...

(Hold on Rick, I'm sure she's almost there) :)

·
Registered
233 Posts
seal9 said:
I don't understand....are they looking up your order number on it's own, or is it the general print out of all of the orders they have in..I'm being told by a friend you have a TPW...????? in fact it's all ready pasted....????seal9
They said they are accessing VOMS with my order number but the only things listed are what I have in my sig and nothing at all past 3/22 3000. You said you have a friend that looked up my order and found a TPW, etc?

Could you please send me that info in a PM or here and I'll be dropping by the dealer tonight to see what they have to say when I show up with that info.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Trebuchet said:
You are Correct... Image should read MARCH 23rd...

I'm Still a bit giddy about the delivery... :willy: :willy: :willy:

An April 23 image would constitute a miracle. :D

I think my image was generated within minutes of Rick's...

(Hold on Rick, I'm sure she's almost there) :)
Ahhhhhhhhh...now that makes much more sense...AND makes me feel a whole lot better! :lol: :lol: :lol: :willy:

·
Registered
233 Posts

Called dealer again and they said they see no updates on my order.
So I figured what the hell, I'll call that 800 number again.

After a little bit of sweet talking...I got her to pull up my info.
and she said....

4/24 BUILT : VIN 2329
5/1 4100
5/5 Invoiced

So I'm freakin out now, that means my car has GOT to be REALLY close to me picking it up..but that my dealer can't find any info past it sitting at 030....

Crazy.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
I just e-mail you so I could send you the info...Rember The seal9 knows..:lol: :lol: .Great News I could not stand by and see you in so much pain...You should have it soooooon...Seal9:willy: :willy: :willy: :willy:

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
By the way you have my SKY.....:lol: :lol: :lol: ...Seal9:cheers:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Just boggles me tho that my dealership, and even it's GM, knew nothing... yet once I called around I got all kinds of Info..

Heck! Even the SEAL knows! ;)

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
tyler07 said:
Just boggles me tho that my dealership, and even it's GM, knew nothing... yet once I called around I got all kinds of Info..

Heck! Even the SEAL knows! ;)
those new dates you posted sound exactly what the should be. Probably even shipped around the 9th.. like the rest of ours!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
My dealer told me that they have stopped receiving info on SKY on the weekly printout due to some system change and that they are not really able to track progress till it is ready to ship.

I am not sure how true this is but I asked a couple of other dealers and they mentioned the same thing.

Hope it helps

1 - 20 of 22 Posts