Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My deposit was made on 5/22/06 for a RL. My dealer said that I was #3 on the list. He also told me that the dealership was allocated 5 Red Lines so I should have one of the first in town. It's just a matter of time.
Just thought I would pass this info.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
wt2ga said:

It's got to be true, Your Dealer said it.....
:lol:

Allocation's haven't come out yet for the Solstice or the Red Line, unless they came out yesterday afternoon, but I don't think so, you probably won't see them untill after the pricing come's out.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Hell, I'm still like #16 on the list for the regular Sky..... :banghead:

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
LT188GT said:
My deposit was made on 5/22/06 for a RL. My dealer said that I was #3 on the list. He also told me that the dealership was allocated 5 Red Lines so I should have one of the first in town. It's just a matter of time.
Just thought I would pass this info.
I'm #2 on the list... and I put my deposit down on 1/10/06...
I'm trying very hard to be patient!!! :banghead:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
As deluke said Redline allocation #'s aren't out yet, they might have confused normal allocation with RL allocation, or per the usual they lied to you.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
"Lied" is such a strong word....:D

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
SKYtime said:
"Lied" is such a strong word....:D

You know how to tell if the Salesman is telling a Lie...?
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .His lips are moving. . :D

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
LOL :lol:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will always remember what a good friend of mine told me about car dealers.
You see this friend sold cars both new and used for many many years. He said "Always remember one thing about car dealers whether they sell new or used cars, foreign or domestic anywhere in the world. They are all a bunch of lying b**tards"You can fill in the two letters but you know what I mean.
Like everyone else, I will eventually get my RL. I am thinking by Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
8 Posts

New to the group so please disregard any protocol errors

Talked with my dealer in central Florida and he has not received an allocation for the redline. As such he would not accept a deposit on a car that he could not order - sounds reasonable - asked how many people has expressed a firm desire in ordering the RL, he mentioned some had asked about it in passing but I was the first to express a genuine interest in purchasing. He told me he would be in contact when he received his allocation, and I would be at the top of the list, and could order at that time, and place a deposit. This seems like a logical and fair approach. Don't know about dealers accepting deposits on cars they can't place a legitimate order. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Dond said:
New to the group so please disregard any protocol errors

Talked with my dealer in central Florida and he has not received an allocation for the redline. As such he would not accept a deposit on a car that he could not order - sounds reasonable - asked how many people has expressed a firm desire in ordering the RL, he mentioned some had asked about it in passing but I was the first to express a genuine interest in purchasing. He told me he would be in contact when he received his allocation, and I would be at the top of the list, and could order at that time, and place a deposit. This seems like a logical and fair approach. Don't know about dealers accepting deposits on cars they can't place a legitimate order. :cheers:

People are placing prelimnary orders, but GM isn't picking any order's up yet, thats all. It's still a legit order.

And he is correct no allocation's have been given on the Red Line Yet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Help me out, How can a dealer accept more preliminary orders than he has allocations, It seems that he can satisfy X out of Y, and (Y - X ) go looking elsewhere for a RL. In the mean time he has taken Y # of dollars, knowing he can"t satisfy all the " preliminary orders" I know that there may be some people that pass on the opportunity, but doesn't that mean that some customers would have to take a car not equipped to their specs.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
All the dealer has to do is tell you that, to the extent the pre-orders exceed allocations to the dealership, you have the option of remaining on the list or getting your deposit back.....

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Dond said:
Help me out, How can a dealer accept more preliminary orders than he has allocations, It seems that he can satisfy X out of Y, and (Y - X ) go looking elsewhere for a RL. In the mean time he has taken Y # of dollars, knowing he can"t satisfy all the " preliminary orders" I know that there may be some people that pass on the opportunity, but doesn't that mean that some customers would have to take a car not equipped to their specs.
The bummer is alot of dealer's are doing exactly what you said and I think it's wrong to take money from 20 people knowing your probably only going to get maybe 4. The dealer's should tell you that they probably might not get allocated over 4 ( Only an Example ) Then you have to wait for the 2008 Red Line's.

But the people ordering should ask the dealer's how many Sky's have they been allocated, then figure around 40% of that number. Ask how many on his RedLine list, if it's more than the 40% go to another dealer.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
:agree: :agree:

This is what they should be doing !!

SKYtime said:
All the dealer has to do is tell you that, to the extent the pre-orders exceed allocations to the dealership, you have the option of remaining on the list or getting your deposit back.....

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
3rd on list

talked w/ my salesman yesterday (6/19/06)- he said 4 months till production? Anybody have more definative info??

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
kwayne said:
talked w/ my salesman yesterday (6/19/06)- he said 4 months till production? Anybody have more definative info??
The GXP is going into production middle of August ( rumor is GXP Automatic's will be in the beginning of August but not confirmed ) which is 2 month's. I thought the Red Line would start production after the GXP but not 2 month's later more like 2/3 week's later. He could be guessing, take it as a rumor.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
wt2ga said:

You know how to tell if the Salesman is telling a Lie...?
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .His lips are moving. . :D
:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Regards,

:banghead: BA :banghead:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts