Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I finally begged our Dealership and got a Sales Manager to tell me that our SKY was built on 4/27! :D FINALLY some news!!

But, there has been no update since then -- tomorrow will be 3 weeks since it was built! Does that sound right??? :confused:

He also said that two other SKYs have been invoiced already, but haven't arrived and were shipped a few weeks ago. That part's already fishy sounding because we are #3 on the list, #1 already arrived... so there should have only been 1 SKY before us!! :mad:

Just trying to make sense of this whole process... already been 9 weeks since we were imaged... just a little anxious! :)

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
You won't have a clue without a status code.. But even that may just start more questions than answer...

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Could be dealer has one coming in for showroom stock or available to sell off the floor. My dealer has had 2 come in that way that just showed up with no individual order for it. Both sold immediately. the last one came in at 7 am and was sold to customer by 8 am. This is not an uncommon practice, these are usually sold on a first come, first served basis. People are called from a list and it is whoever gets there first gets them. This is a very hot item you know. Not one SKY that came in as stock has lasted more than 24 hrs.

So that is probably the answer to your question. Maybe?

·
Registered
18,475 Posts
Random selection...that is how these cars r shipped....nobody knows anything and that is the truth...I remember when they told me mine was picked up by the carrier...it took another 2 weeks for it to arrive and the dealer did not even know when the carrier would get to him...so...continue with the anticipatory anxiety. At least u can commiserate (did i spell it correctly) with a great bunch of people.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I don't think your number on the list guarantees that you will get your vehicle delivered in that order. That just means that is the order in which the orders are placed. Mine was the #1 order but 2 others have been delivered already.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Jen said:
Ok I finally begged our Dealership and got a Sales Manager to tell me that our SKY was built on 4/27! :D FINALLY some news!!

But, there has been no update since then -- tomorrow will be 3 weeks since it was built! Does that sound right??? :confused:

He also said that two other SKYs have been invoiced already, but haven't arrived and were shipped a few weeks ago. That part's already fishy sounding because we are #3 on the list, #1 already arrived... so there should have only been 1 SKY before us!! :mad:

Just trying to make sense of this whole process... already been 9 weeks since we were imaged... just a little anxious! :)

Jen,

Hate to tell you...this is just the way it is...many of us are in the same boat...and to tell you the truth....The dealerships really don't know when a Sky will be showing up...I'm serious...infact the sales people I deal with wish Saturn didn't even make the Sky:eek: ...They say it has been more of a pain than anything :banghead: ...They don't even want to sell Skys! They feel bad for the customer because they really can't help them...I personally feel bad for the salesmen...This has been a major learning lesson for myself and I'm sure for the Sales people. The whole process of the making and selling of the Sky has been very frustrating. Hopfully after the 2007 Sky things will start to go smoothly.

As for what # you are on the list.....

I was #3 on the list as well but this is how it worked:

1st Sky was an order but the buyer choose not to accept it once it came in for the simple fact...HE DIDNT LIKE THE REAR WING OPTION he ordered!

That 1st Sky sold to a walk in Buyer a week or 2 later.

2nd Sky ordered was the re-order Sky the first buyer ordered without the rear wing.

3rd Sky was mine but the dealership ordered a Demo/dealership show model which finally came in before me...after several weeks the demo was taken by a walk in who ordered a Sky right after me but choose the demo because it was close to the one he was or did order.

4th Sky finally came in and was the Re-ordered Sky without the rear wing. It's still waiting to be picked up by owner.

5th Sky is mine...and I'm still waiting for it to arrive. They are telling me 3-4 weeks...who knows?

So you may start as #3 on a list but you could end up being 4th, 5th or even 6th....

That's just the way it works...Yeah I'm getting to the breaking point but all is good...I'm not going to go crazy over it....When it gets here it gets here...Anyway, I have plenty of cars to drive in the meantime...:)

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
there are 2 things you can try... but first get the VIN from your dealer. If he shows that its built (code 3800) then he will have a VIN.

1) find out who the trucking company is that brings in the cars from the railway. call them and tell them you would like to check on an incoming railcar.. give them the VIN and they "should" be able to pull up the railcar number and tell you when its do in. If they can do it, but won't do it for you, then ask your dealer to do it for you. (buy him lunch). If they can't do it at all, then try #2

2) your car most likely will come in using the CSX railway. Have your dealer call CSX and have them look up the railcar number by using the VIN. They will be able to tell you if its already on the train and where its at. Don't bother calling CSX yourself cause they won't talk to you. They will talk to the dealer. (I know cause I tried sweet talking them)

Now keep in mind, if your car isn't on a train yet, then they won't be able to find it in their systems. so if they say they can't find anything on that VIN, then that means it isn't shipped yet. its probably sitting at the plant.

The GM codes are known to be delayed, so its possible its on a train and then again its possible that its sitting there while everyone elses passes you by. As many have said, its happened before.

hope this helps

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
marlboromike said:
USMC...what did u say? :banghead: :banghead:
which part? was my post confusing? sometimes I get in a big rush when I'm trying to respond to the forum and work at the same time.
sorry bout that

·
Registered
128 Posts
I was told by my dealer on the 10th of May that my Sky was 3800 and he called on the 11th of May and told me that I could pick my car up in an hour, the car must have been there and he didn't know it, but this whole process has been one to remember, no body knows anything.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks all for the info - I don't have the details about the other 2 cars ahead of me, but I'll just have to live with it. :)

I tried getting a status code from the guy I spoke with (a sales mgr), and all he could/would tell me was just that it's built... He probably has no clue what a status code even is :banghead:

I also asked him for my VIN since it's been built - but he says they don't know and won't get that info until they're invoiced... Right... :confused:

Oh well, at least I know it's out there somewhere - as my hubby keeps telling me, it'll get here when it gets here... I just think it's odd that it was built 3 weeks ago and hasn't left yet (supposedly).

·
Super Moderator
11,617 Posts
Oh this hurts to read.

I know mine is 3800...they told me the car was built but they didn't have any other information on it. I would THINK that the dealership would know whether or not it has been invoiced yet...but perhaps that's just me. Wacky, I know.

When I called my dealer to get the order number and code they told me they normally don't give that information out to customers. I found that odd. But they are going to get the info to me today...I'll be sure to add VIN# to that information as well.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
This is sad to hear, my dealer is 180 degrees different, he has followed thru building of the car right along with me..He has even found a contact at the rail yard once he knew we could track the car when it was shipped...and he loves to sell the SKY...He feels that this is a turning point for the Saturn line..I think most dealers think this is great...All it takes is a little work and you can find all this info for your self if you try...look at the forum member after member has found ways to get info...Just be nice when you call the saturn 1-800 number and they will do anything for you...don't give up...Good luck....Seal9:cheers:

·
Registered
90 Posts
My Sky was shipped on 5-1 18 days ago. I have'nt had word one since that point. I was 4th on list and 1st for a manual order. My dealer has received and delivered one ( not to me ) at this time. I do'nt know how they opperate and i do'nt think they know either. Pray for them.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I was told by my GM yesterday that so many of the customer's are getting frustrated and upset that they are changing the policy to not give out any more information. They have had a sign up in the store with all of the orders on them since the day they started taking deliveries. The sign was put in the GMs office this week where the customer's could no longer see it. For some reason, I guess because I didn't ask for any information and I seemed to be very informed about the long wait times and understood the process the GM volunteered the information about my status. He also said I wouldn't receive anymore information until my Sky arrived. I think that the dealerships are becoming as frustrated as the customers that the cars are not coming in faster and don't like disappointing us so they think no news is better than giving false hope. I had rather be given a status code and told I'm not sure when the next change will be than we're not going to tell you anything else because we don't want to tell you the wrong thing. I know it's a guessing game. They don't have any control over what is going on, but they can look in the system and tell me if there has been any movement which is all I want to know.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Robotech said:
I know mine is 3800...they told me the car was built but they didn't have any other information on it.
Just curious how long you've been stuck at 3800??

From all the signatures I've read, most people go from built to shipped fairly quickly... 3 weeks just seems unusual... Just wondering if anyone else has been stuck at 3800.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts