Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY ALL.....

So I noticed something today at the dealership when cking on my SKY...THERE ARE 3 OPTIONS OF WHEELS FOR THE SKY!

I didn't know this before today!

1.) PAINTED

2.) POLISHED*****(THIS WASN'T an option given to me when I ordered mine!):banghead: :mad: :brentil:

3.)CHROME

GO FIGURE THIS!!!!!

I didn't want the chrome wheels because I believed it would stand out too much on the SILVER PEARL so I ordered the painted....If i knew Polished was an option I WOULD HAVE GOT THEM!

I'm pissed! I believe the Polished looks the best not too dim not too shinny...Its just right and its a $500 option instead of the almost $900 bucks for the chrome.

Lets try to pull some pictures together of all three wheel options....currently I have only seen Chrome wheels...anyone have picks of the painted and polished? Lets post them here!!!!

RedSky

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Ahh, so thats the answer... yeah a group of pics (preferably from the same color Sky with the different styles) would be great!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I believe pics of all 3 were posted awhile back... I'll see if I can find them

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Thanks! Spotting the difference between the painted alloy and the other two is easy enough, it will be somewhat difficult to spot the differnce between the polished alloy and (dirty) chrome alloy.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
See this example of my chrome alloy wheels at their most dirty and their spanking clean states:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Much Man

Thanks for posting those pics man.....that helps alot...

I am still wondering why that option wasn't brought to my attention when ordering...I wonder if the POLISH was an option when people had first been placing orders...

Also I noticed something wacky...If you go to SATURN.com and build yourself a SKY somewhere down the road on the build sheet an option comes up for 18" Chrome Rims going for over $2,000 BUCKS!

I'm not kidding!

Can somone explain that one to me? Is this an option I don't know about? Are these Wheels unlike the other 3 options?:confused:

What do they look like?

RedSky

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
yeah.. the EXPENSIVE chrome rims (listed as an ACCESSORY rather than an Option on the second page of options in the "build your own" Sky section of saturn.com) are very similiar/same as ones we had seen on the Aura concept.

They stand out a bit more than the more typical styling of the stock rims. Its all personal preference on which ones looks best. I know a couple members on this forum have these rims as well, might take some scouring to track down their pictures though.

Attachments

·
Registered
482 Posts
The $2000 price on the wheels is because they are not an upgrade, so you will have two sets of rims.

Also Redsky, where did you find the $500.00 up-charge on the polished wheels. My dealer told me that there was no up-charge over the painted wheels when I ordered them,

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Maverick said:
The $2000 price on the wheels is because they are not an upgrade, so you will have two sets of rims.

Also Redsky, where did you find the $500.00 up-charge on the polished wheels. My dealer told me that there was no up-charge over the painted wheels when I ordered them,

I didn't think there was an upcharge on the polished wheels either...thought I read that somewhere here on this forum..but I could be wrong.

For those wondering...I believe the polished wheels were not an option until late March/early April...hence the reason many people were not aware of it at the time of ordering. I imaged on 3/27, and was not informed of them either...otherwise I would have ordered the polished rims.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sorry but gotta say the chrome looks much better. But if you like that polished alloy, you may want to check out some custom wheel shops and see if you can get yours polished. May cost you a few hundred, but at least you'll get what you want.

·
Registered
102 Posts
If you had been following the Solstice story, you would have known that polished and chrome were wheel options, and probably guessed that they would be the same on the Sky. Thepolished on the Solstice were definitely an
extra cost option, as I recall, but cost les than the chrome which, in my opinion, are the best.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Polished wheels.....

nscrbug said:
I didn't think there was an upcharge on the polished wheels either...thought I read that somewhere here on this forum..but I could be wrong.

For those wondering...I believe the polished wheels were not an option until late March/early April...hence the reason many people were not aware of it at the time of ordering. I imaged on 3/27, and was not informed of them either...otherwise I would have ordered the polished rims.
Polished wheels were not an option when I placed an order in late January. In late March I received a call from my salesmen who advised Chrome was on hold and to lessen backorders I was given a new option. For $200.00 less, I could order the Polished. I hope I like them......:thumbs:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Painted, polished, chrome rims

Hello to all,

I'm new here, this is my first post but I'm looking at this forum for a long time (more than a year). In my opinion it is not only the rim itself, I think you have to see them on the car. It should match with the car's colour and in this case especialy with the window frame and the frame behind the seats.
Therefore I would like the painted in every design best. If I could decide, I would take the painted rims from the Solstice for myself, but I think they don't offer it for the Opel GT in Germany.
At this time here is low information at the Opel dealers :willy:
and in the newspapers about the GT. I got all my information out of the forums.
Thanks to all.

Nico

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
The cheaper ones are what they call chrome plated and the expesive ones are cast in chrome

·
Registered
482 Posts
Seagull said:
The cheaper ones are what they call chrome plated and the expesive ones are cast in chrome
Crome is a plating process. These wheels are cromed cast aluminum instead of cromed steel thats all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts