Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone. I have been checking out this site ever since I found out about the Sky. I couldn't help notice that there hasn't been any mention on this site about Gravana and their project for the SEMA show in Nov.. Using a Cobalt SS, they added a turbo to the supercharger to go from 205 hp to an INSANE 300 HP !!! This is serious news so I thought you would all like to know.http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Articles/articleId=105234
Here's another one goes a little bit more detailed http://www.prweb.com/releases/2005/3/prweb220700.php
Recent news spoke about how Pontiac was going to be racing the Solstice in the Grand Am circuit against such cars as Miatas and Z4. Plus there is talk of a 07 hardtop/coupe Solstice GT. Way I see it, all this Ecotech and Kappa news rocks! Imagine a Sky coupe with a retractable glass roof like the G6. Dare I dream?

·
Registered
78 Posts
What the Supertramp song " Dreamer"
But without dreams what dowe have

·
Registered
50 Posts
300 hp too!

101jinx101 said:
omfg... that's insane. Heh, and to think, we were hoping the redline would reach 250hp... now it's up to 300 possibly? :cool: :D :cool: :D
Hey I got a 300hp SSR!!! oh yes forgot to mention that it weighs 4600 lbs. too. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Heh, that would be pretty sweet. I wouldn't mind paying a few extra grand for that package, especially if it were a factory warrantied accessory, like the TRD supercharger option on Toyotas. I know the ecotec can be seriously boosted, but wow, taking it from 170-ish N/A to twin-charged at around 300HP is pretty wild. You'd need to do a lot more than just boost the **** out of it to have reliable power without blowing your engine to hell in 50k miles. You'd need to upgrade a lot of other parts too, like the intake, exhaust, fuel system, PCM tuning, etc. etc... It would be really cool to have readily available aftermarket options for these bad boys. Hopefully the Kappa aftermarket will be competitive with the Miata aftermarket, and quickly.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The twincharge thing is just a display, like the sema show, you wont see it at dealers.

Personally I am not a believer in this twin charge thing, you can just as easily modify a regular SC to get 300HP, or a turbocharger, adding both just complicates things unnecesarily.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nocturn said:
The twincharge thing is just a display, like the sema show, you wont see it at dealers.

Personally I am not a believer in this twin charge thing, you can just as easily modify a regular SC to get 300HP, or a turbocharger, adding both just complicates things unnecesarily.
yea... twin charging isn't worth it unless you are looking at more like 800 hp... and are using a turbo so big that you need the s/c to spool it up. I saw some guy doing that with an EVO... shooting for 800 AWHP i believe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts