Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, does anyone have any new info on why we are all in 3000 hell? I have been there since April 17.............no movement, why? do you think that our dealerships are not telling us tpw because they are not suppose to give that info, or is the plant not updating the system for a reason. I just spoke with my salesman, he checks everyday online for me and told me today same old news.......none, 3000.........and the person ahead of me who imaged at the end of march is`also in 3000 hell.... what's happening?????????????

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
barb said:
okay, does anyone have any new info on why we are all in 3000 hell? I have been there since April 17.............no movement, why? do you think that our dealerships are not telling us tpw because they are not suppose to give that info, or is the plant not updating the system for a reason. I just spoke with my salesman, he checks everyday online for me and told me today same old news.......none, 3000.........and the person ahead of me who imaged at the end of march is`also in 3000 hell.... what's happening?????????????
Relax, you have only been there a relatively short tme. I waited 8 weeks at 3000(formerly 030), so calm down and be patient, as you know great things take time. It is frustrating I know but it is all part of the dues you have to pay. It is the GM ordering system, the black hole all Skys disappear into when they reach 3000. A void so to speak. But magically your Sky will emerge at the other end VINNED and Built, believe me. So just remember you are further along than some, and there are plenty of Texas hiways left for you to cruise down. You could be like the person at my dealer who was shipped on 04 April, imagine how he feels, so you see little lady, you could have it a lot worse.:D :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
You only imaged on 4/11, I imaged 3/15/06 and did not move till 4/22, then I recv a TPW 5/1 and a VIN 5/4...Seal9:cheers:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ernest said:
Relax, you have only been there a relatively short tme. I waited 8 weeks at 3000(formerly 030), so calm down and be patient, as you know great things take time. It is frustrating I know but it is all part of the dues you have to pay. It is the GM ordering system, the black hole all Skys disappear into when they reach 3000. A void so to speak. But magically your Sky will emerge at the other end VINNED and Built, believe me. So just remember you are further along than some, and there are plenty of Texas hiways left for you to cruise down. You could be like the person at my dealer who was shipped on 04 April, imagine how he feels, so you see little lady, you could have it a lot worse.:D :thumbs:
......it is just the unknowing that drives me crazy.........do you really think that there is a hold or just that they are not telling us anything.....why is it that some people have a tpw and some don't??????????? i have been noticing by reading here that, yes, only 3 per dealership (average) have been delivered.......don't know that for sure.........but it would help if we could have some more info....

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
seal9 said:
You only imaged on 4/11, I imaged 3/15/06 and did not move till 4/22, then I recv a TPW 5/1 and a VIN 5/4...Seal9:cheers:
but did't you have some constraints on yours? do you think when the plant was re-stocked they are completing all those, and putting those imaged later on hold until they can get you guys out? could it be the wheel problem they are checking or re-working on those cars that were completed, but not yet shipped?

·
Registered
74 Posts
barb the hell only gets worse, first you wait for the image then you wait for the vin and then they tell you you car has shipped and that they have the invoice now we are really in hell wondering were your car is and when it might be here. You still have some hell to go through. Good luck keeping your sanity.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
I have not been told of any holds this week, there are a lot of orders going in now that the line is up to speed...from what we have seen over the last few months you are at about the same place we were. It just takes time, look at our friend up north they are hoping to get there cars started around May 11 and their dealers have not been able to provide any info...I think you will hear around the week of 5/15....Seal9:cheers:

·
Registered
233 Posts
I've been at 030 since 3/17....

with no TPW or VIN yet... so relax, I've been waiting a month longer than you already with no end in sight!

·
Registered
246 Posts
slvrsky said:
barb the hell only gets worse, first you wait for the image then you wait for the vin and then they tell you you car has shipped and that they have the invoice now we are really in hell wondering were your car is and when it might be here. You still have some hell to go through. Good luck keeping your sanity.
. . . or in my case, the dealer tells you nothing, don't know if it's ordered or not, not a word, big dealer secret, nada - nothin! Never ask me for any changes, never calls, never answers my calls. I will know when to get my car when the salesman calls for me to pick it up. Hmmmm - maybe it's better this way? aaahhhhhhhhhhhhh :banghead:

·
Registered
482 Posts
barb said:
Relax, I imaged the end of March and my TPW isn't till the first week of June.

Take it easy and enjoy this agony its all part of the process.

I wouldn't expect to see your SKY till the end of July or early August.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Turk said:
. . . or in my case, the dealer tells you nothing, don't know if it's ordered or not, not a word, big dealer secret, nada - nothin! Never ask me for any changes, never calls, never answers my calls. I will know when to get my car when the salesman calls for me to pick it up. Hmmmm - maybe it's better this way? aaahhhhhhhhhhhhh :banghead:
Turk have you talked with the GM or SM at your store. My sales person never knows JACK and usually frustrates me, but the GM and SM are great and can usually answer all my questions and keep me up to date.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Maverick said:
Turk have you talked with the GM or SM at your store. My sales person never knows JACK and usually frustrates me, but the GM and SM are great and can usually answer all my questions and keep me up to date.
That's the problem, the GM is the one keeping everyone in the dark! Salesman arn't even allowed to ask! I may speak to the owner soon.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Turk said:
That's the problem, the GM is the one keeping everyone in the dark! Salesman arn't even allowed to ask! I may speak to the owner soon.
That may be the way to go, they are keeping you like a mushroom. Good luck it will all work out in the end.

·
Registered
129 Posts
ON the Same Boat

I've been told my Sky will be in soon, no later than the end of the month but haven't receieved any information other than that. Perhaps it's better not going through all the different steps in the process. It's like starting all over again waiting for a different code to show up. One race with only one finish line. Call me when my Sky is ready to pick up.
Jayne

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Let me give you all an example... These are two of the 3 SKY's we have "In-Transit."

SKY #2 was imaged on 3/3/06..............SKY #3 was imaged 3/6/06
SKY #2 was built on 4/7/06..................SKY #3 was built on 4/20/06
SKY #2 is Avail to ship on 4/25/06..........SKY #3 Avail to ship on 4/25/06
SKY #2 is Invoiced on 4/26/06...............SKY #3 is Invoiced on 4/26/06
SKY #2 is at code 4150 as of today........SKY #3 is SHIPPED on 4/30/06

SKY #2 is a Midnight Blue, Black/Tan Leather, 6CD Monsoon, LSD, Automatic, etc.
SKY #3 is SIlver Pearl, Black Leather, Std Radio, LSD, Manual, etc.

This system is so hosed up it's a HUGE shame. My personal take on this is that SKY #2 was held up for the Automatic and/or the Chrome Wheels. :banghead:

Oh well... I guess the waiting game MUST be included as part of the "fun" of getting this great car!!!

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
3000 hell

SKY Spy said:
Let me give you all an example... These are two of the 3 SKY's we have "In-Transit."

SKY #2 was imaged on 3/3/06..............SKY #3 was imaged 3/6/06
SKY #2 was built on 4/7/06..................SKY #3 was built on 4/20/06
SKY #2 is Avail to ship on 4/25/06..........SKY #3 Avail to ship on 4/25/06
SKY #2 is Invoiced on 4/26/06...............SKY #3 is Invoiced on 4/26/06
SKY #2 is at code 4150 as of today........SKY #3 is SHIPPED on 4/30/06

SKY #2 is a Midnight Blue, Black/Tan Leather, 6CD Monsoon, LSD, Automatic, etc.
SKY #3 is SIlver Pearl, Black Leather, Std Radio, LSD, Manual, etc.

This system is so hosed up it's a HUGE shame. My personal take on this is that SKY #2 was held up for the Automatic and/or the Chrome Wheels. :banghead:

Oh well... I guess the waiting game MUST be included as part of the "fun" of getting this great car!!!

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:
if i remember correctly, were you the one that said that the dealerships were not to tell us a tpw week? my salesman has access to the system and is a really nice guy, but do you think that he is not telling me or is it that the system really doesn't have the information?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
barb said:
if i remember correctly, were you the one that said that the dealerships were not to tell us a tpw week? my salesman has access to the system and is a really nice guy, but do you think that he is not telling me or is it that the system really doesn't have the information?

Barb...your salesman is simply not telling you your TPW (if one has been generated for you). The 'system' does indeed have the information...I've seen it with my own eyes on the computer in the General Manager's office of my dealership. Saw my order # with a TPW...as well as the order #'s and TPW's of everyone else awaiting a Sky at my dealership.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
nscrbug said:
Barb...your salesman is simply not telling you your TPW (if one has been generated for you). The 'system' does indeed have the information...I've seen it with my own eyes on the computer in the General Manager's office of my dealership. Saw my order # with a TPW...as well as the order #'s and TPW's of everyone else awaiting a Sky at my dealership.
nscrbug is right on. My GM sends a cut/paste copy o fteh computer report to me each week (when I ask). He has told me more than once that it is "The same report every Saturn Store gets..."
It has the info that I use in my signature...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
to 3000 and tpw

okay, let's back up.....when did you get your tpw.......was it at the same time you went to 3000, or later?

·
Registered
230 Posts
whats code 3400?

i was told yesterday my sky was at 3300 going to 3400. what does that really mean?

thanks!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts