Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read reviews on both products and they seem to be a very popular choice for cleaning and protecting the convertible top. Has anyone tried both? Which one is better?

·
Registered
474 Posts
I've read reviews on both products and they seem to be a very popular choice for cleaning and protecting the convertible top. Has anyone tried both? Which one is better?
I have used both. The 303 seems to have more durability and ease of use (spray bottle vs aerosol) and more economical.

I used the RaggTopp first application and I did like it ... but it seemed to only last 2-3 months. After I ran out I tried the 303 and was much more impressed with the ease of application and longevity - it lasted 6 months and was still beading when I traded my car in December. Can't wait until the weather gets warm enough to treat the NEW top. :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
:agree::agree: Although I have never used the 303 products being discussed here, never the less, I do use and own 303 products and can attest to their quality. And after your statement above will next time try the 303 stuff :thumbs: (after I run out out of current RaggTopp stock) The Cleaner that comes with Raggtopp however is very good to use before applying any sealant.. Altho I bet 303 probably makes good stuff also..
IMHO
Bottom line are that the facts Kappa Fan said above about "but it seemed to only last 2-3 months" seems proved to me down here with the sun & rain. IF I get 2 months, I had a good session. They also recommend double application initially, which also only last 2 months if that. With 2 applications the spray can is usually empty.. don't remember the costs for each let me find out... But it get expensive to maintain..

Here ya go, prices on all this stuff..
Restore water-repellency and UV protection to fabric convertible tops with these products!

Seems to me that those are the only choice basically, 303 or RT, and 303 is better and cheaper.. If I may be so bold to predict..

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I've used the 303 cleaner and sealer and it works fine. The sealer makes the water bead up very nicely. Which is exactly what I don't like about it. Opening the car door is enough to get all of that beaded up water headed downhill so as soon as you open the door, there's a good stream of water flowing right into your car and lap. It gets old in a hurry here in south Florida where it rains every afternoon for months on end. I will continue to use the cleaner, but you can have the sealer.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
I've used the 303 cleaner and sealer and it works fine. The sealer makes the water bead up very nicely. Which is exactly what I don't like about it. Opening the car door is enough to get all of that beaded up water headed downhill so as soon as you open the door, there's a good stream of water flowing right into your car and lap. It gets old in a hurry here in south Florida where it rains every afternoon for months on end. I will continue to use the cleaner, but you can have the sealer.
Try popping the top from the inside before you open the door to start the cascade of water from the top....Skip....:)

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Try popping the top from the inside before you open the door to start the cascade of water from the top....Skip....:)
That works if it's not raining and you don't mind waiting for the water to drain off the top. Not so much if it is raining and you are on the outside. I prefer to just leave it au naturel and let the top wick the water away.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I have the Raggtopp kit and think it's very effective...the aerosol works great...to a point....the spray can leave a residue on your windows which is just an added step on your cleaning to-do list....i've found that by putting towels over the window tops ( slightly cracked ) and another towel over the windshield leaves the windows clean during the spraying process:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
sorry to dig up... however, can this be bought at the store or does it have to be bought online?

·
Registered
293 Posts
If you're talking 303 products then go to 303products.com and click on "where to buy" at the top of the page.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
sorry to dig up... however, can this be bought at the store or does it have to be bought online?
I can buy 303 at a local boat supply store. That's why I use it rather than Raggtopp.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I can buy 303 at a local boat supply store. That's why I use it rather than Raggtopp.
I found it at an RV supply store. Make sure you don't get the one for Vinyl tops.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Only thing bad about the 303 is that it's not very resistant when ran through a car wash. That's one thing I hate about living in an apartment (don't have access to my own car washing facility). But I love the stuff, it beads the water and my top looks as good as the day I bought it.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I found it at an RV supply store. Make sure you don't get the one for Vinyl tops.
I forgot to mention that. Gadget is right. Both are in simlar spray bottles. Make sure you get the one for cloth/fabric tops.

·
Registered
290 Posts
raggtopp works for me. My car is fair weather only, but it helps in keeping the yellow pollen from getting into the fabric and washes off easier. My disappointment isn't the product, but not being able to stop the top from getting a "lighter" shade where it is stretched over the roof supports on the top. Is there a magic marker big enough for the whole top????

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.