Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, this is my first thread. We are taking delivery on our Sky this Friday and would like to protect it with a clear bra. I've seen posts mentioning a 3M bra and am wondering if anyone could tell me if it is available yet and how it can be ordered.

We decided to order our Sky the end of Feb, and found that our dealer had one coming that was almost exactly what we were planning to order. We negotiated a deal that it could sit on the showroom floor for two weeks so they could show potential customers what it looks like. They had no idea how many images would be available and when, so we bought it immediately after our test ride when it arrived. My wife and I love it. It looks much better than in the pictures.

It has been extremely painful to not bring our new baby home! The dealer has taken great care to keep it locked up and under close scrutiny. We have had regular visiting hours and are counting the minutes until Friday.

Yes, we have the same disease as the rest of you Skyoholics!

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
How lucky can you get!:thumbs:

All of us have been waiting for years!:lol: Ok! Seems like it anyway.:willy:

Did you pay MSRP?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. It looks like the precut kit is not yet available. I'll check to see if there any installers in my area. I don't believe I could get a professional looking job if I tried to cut a blank to fit.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mglindo,

Yes, we are paying MSRP.

I test drove a Solstice in February that was exposed to winter road conditions. It was dirty and you could already see scratches in the paint finish. That dealer wanted about $1500 above MSRP.

The Solstice test drive convinced me that I was serious about buying, but it rubbed me wrong to pay over MSRP, and not even be able to order what I wanted with a reasonable delivery time. I liked the Solstice styling except the front. When I saw the SKY, it really got to me. I have looked at it from all angles and can honestly say there is not a view that I don't like. My hats are off to the guys in the design team.

I wasn't even aware there was a SKY until 2 months ago!

We got lucky.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Sky Hi said:
mglindo,

Yes, we are paying MSRP.

I wasn't even aware there was a SKY until 2 months ago!

We got lucky.

:thumbs: Now go and buy yourself a Lottery ticket!:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Sky Hi, my dealer did the same thing. I ended up buying the car that was supposed to be the demo, instead of waiting for mine which was due in June. The deal was that they keep it on the showroom floor locked up, but for people to see. When I took it home a week later, it was perfect. No worries. :thumbs:

·
Registered
14 Posts
3m

The 3M clear bra is the first thing i'll probably get. I work at a car dealership that sells lambos, aston martins, maseratis, rolls royce, and bentley, and I have seen many people get the 3M on their cars. It is unnoticable unless you know where the line is and on lighter color cars it helps. They usually get the 3M on the side mirrors as well so I may look into that as well. I know the guy that comes in and puts it on the cars so I got his card and told him i'll be giving him a call. I have seen many a cars that didnt have it hailed with rock chips, so even though its expensive it's worth the investment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts