Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My project has been slowly coming together and I finally got the bulk of everything into the car on Saturday.

-6.0 silverado iron block bored and stroked to 408. 11.1 forged this that and the other thing

-t56 transmission. lightly built and assembled by yours truly. It was my first so we shall see how many gears I can actually get it into haha.

I used performance autowerks mount kit to the thing in there.

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Either that or spent quite enough time working on vehicles when they were younger and are now quite willing to pay to have it done. Flip side of paying is that you have to reign in your dreams a bit to fit it into the budget.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
-6.0 silverado iron block bored and stroked to 408. 11.1 forged this that and the other thing
I'm curious as to why you chose the iron block? Was aluminum too expensive or what??

Isn't the iron block about 200 lbs. heavier?

Yogi

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I went with the Iron block because I was able to get near turn key truck motors for cheap. I was an opportunistic choice really.
Looking back, the fact that I ended up replacing so much (ie intake, accessories, exhaust manifolds, heads) it didn't save me much more than 1000 bucks between a bare iron or bare ls2 block.

from ls1 tech
LS1/2...........106
LS7..............107
RHS..............110
Dart Billet......128
6.0L Iron.......216 (weighed another block and changed this; first block had some weight added in the deck)
LSX..............230

so a little over a 100 lbs difference.
But then again, you can find guys that swear it's only 75-80 lbs difference.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
I went with the Iron block because I was able to get near turn key truck motors for cheap. I was an opportunistic choice really.
Looking back, the fact that I ended up replacing so much (ie intake, accessories, exhaust manifolds, heads) it didn't save me much more than 1000 bucks between a bare iron or bare ls2 block.

from ls1 tech
LS1/2...........106
LS7..............107
RHS..............110
Dart Billet......128
6.0L Iron.......216 (weighed another block and changed this; first block had some weight added in the deck)
LSX..............230

so a little over a 100 lbs difference.
But then again, you can find guys that swear it's only 75-80 lbs difference.
OK. Thanks.

Yogi

·
Premium Member
1,811 Posts
Cool.

Cant wait to see and hear it run. :thumbs:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can't wait either! It's been too long to weight for some kinf of reward. haha.

As for the wiring disaster... I sure feel like I have bitten off more than I can chew.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
That is MY car as it sits right now. You can see the turbo heat shield hasn't moved from resting on the windshield seen in most of my previous pics LOL
You are looking at two different harnesses (one from the original sky and one from the ls2 motor) splayed open and in various stages of being sliced, routed, or deleted.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
That is MY car as it sits right now. You can see the turbo heat shield hasn't moved from resting on the windshield seen in most of my previous pics LOL
You are looking at two different harnesses (one from the original sky and one from the ls2 motor) splayed open and in various stages of being sliced, routed, or deleted.
WOW!! What a job!

Good luck!

Yogi

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Looks like you're making good progress. Keep it up!

Yogi

·
Registered
259 Posts
Wow...I'd love to possess that skill and "know-how". My hat's off to you! :thumbs:
Will the carb clear the hood? Just askin'...:jester:

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Roust84 -

Will you be using the truck water pump + accessories or the Corvette's? AC?

Yogi

1 - 20 of 59 Posts