Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called my dealer today. As of last Wedneday, it has shipped - Code 43. He anticipates its arrival early to mid next week.

The big question is, does time go by faster in an alcohol induced stupor :cheers: or should I get admitted to the hospital for a drug induced coma for the next week:jester: .

The noives, they be gettin to me. Can't hardly stanjem I tell ya!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
248 Posts
Congratulations ...

... you know we want pics next week ... :thumbs:


And, OBTW, when was your order placed? :confused: Do you know when it went to "Status 30" ... or any other milestones those of us who are waiting might be interested in?:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
554 Posts
JayZ said:
I called my dealer today. As of last Wedneday, it has shipped - Code 43. He anticipates its arrival early to mid next week.

The big question is, does time go by faster in an alcohol induced stupor :cheers: or should I get admitted to the hospital for a drug induced coma for the next week:jester: .

The noives, they be gettin to me. Can't hardly stanjem I tell ya!!!
Great to hear! You are 137 cars ahead of me. I wonder if WA delivery is a full week behind NC delivery?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
Say, JayZ,

Is this you dealer's first image (the demo) or the first legit customer version?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bubbacc said:
... you know we want pics next week ... :thumbs:


And, OBTW, when was your order placed? :confused: Do you know when it went to "Status 30" ... or any other milestones those of us who are waiting might be interested in?:D

Sorry, if I can't remember exact dates, but if memory serves, I placed the order in the middle of January and went to 30 mid February. To be honest I was trying not to think much about it at the time so I wouldn't be consumed by anticipation. However, when it got built on March 4, I couldn't hold it in any longer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WDI-SKY said:
Say, JayZ,

Is this you dealer's first image (the demo) or the first legit customer version?
At my dealership, I was supposed to be the first legit customer (placed deposit on March 7, 2005). I spoke to my dealer as the cars were beginning to be built and he told me I was going to get mine before the dealer got their "demo" meaning that I essentially got their demo slot. I asked him why and he said "let's just say there was a mixup" :cheers: so I did not pursue it further.

I speculate that they may have placed their image for an automatic when they weren't being made yet. Or suspect that they want the first one on the road "advertising" as soon as possible.

BTW, unlike some of the dealerships charging markups in California and Florida, my dealership has been extraordinary, keeping me completely up to date and seem as genuinely excited about this process as I. The general manager (who gave me his personal cell phone to call him anywhere anytime) used to drive a semi. He joked today that if he new what day it was going to be shipped, he would have flown out there and driven it to Seattle himself.

All in all, I couldn't be more pleased with Saturn. If things go as smoothly with the final purchase/paperwork/etc. of the car, I will no doubt be a repeat customer.:thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
Thanks, JayZ.

I ordered at the end of February, and was told I'd get the first image after the demo. My frame now is 2-4 weeks, fine, and I hope it's before the semester ends out here in Southern California.
 

·
First Reported SKY Owner!
Joined
·
408 Posts
My Baby is Here!!!

Just got the call that my baby is here!!. they don't have all the paperwork-no invoice yet (is it free-no price tag???). Going to tuck her in tonight and the official pick up is Thursday 3/16/06 at 1:00!! YEEEEEHAAWW!!!!:willy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sweet Sweet Sweet Sweet Sweet

NCBlue said:
Just got the call that my baby is here!!. they don't have all the paperwork-no invoice yet (is it free-no price tag???). Going to tuck her in tonight and the official pick up is Thursday 3/16/06 at 1:00!! YEEEEEHAAWW!!!!:willy:
Dang nab, this is awesome news!! Although how frustrating to know it is sitting there but you can't drive it awaY?!?!:brentil:

The responsibility is yours - pictures ( you can't take too many), details (how well do those windshield wipers work:rolleyes: ), what will you do for your first ride.

The more we hear, the more we feel like we're in the seat next to you!!:cool:

Congrats my man!! I'm getting way too excited about this!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,414 Posts
NCBlue said:
Just got the call that my baby is here!!. they don't have all the paperwork-no invoice yet (is it free-no price tag???). Going to tuck her in tonight and the official pick up is Thursday 3/16/06 at 1:00!! YEEEEEHAAWW!!!!:willy:
Ohhhhh man... Im getting so antsy! My Sky was build on 2/28 and I really hoped it would be in today after that Bowie demo Sky was delivered not far from where I ordered in Northern Virginia. I hope shes there and they are just getting the paperwork together! Very cool though, I don't know how you'll sleep till Thursday... Ive been dreaming and thinking about my Sky all this week.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
850 Posts
So, does anyone know how close the order # matches up to build/ship time. I have #349, and my dealer says they don't have anything new.:confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,329 Posts
TexSon said:
So, does anyone know how close the order # matches up to build/ship time. I have #349, and my dealer says they don't have anything new.:confused:
My order # was 528 VIN #699 Their is probably no connection between the two.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top