Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the Saturn rep that told me production was starting February 17th also told me that there will only be 450 Sky's sold in Canada. I guess that's good and bad. I will have a unique car for sure.

Of course for those who want one I think I'd be getting a deposit in soon if it isn't already to late.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Has your rep said anything about May11th? Sounds like there planning something.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I heard the 11th as well from our District Rep.

·
Registered
76 Posts
They have already made the Sky's at the willmington, Del. factory and there are photos of them sitting outside the factory with there tan tops along with the Solstice's. Also there are currently building constrainsts on some items and components that affect the Solstice and I am sure it will be the same for the Sky. I'll see if I can find the photos.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Here is the photo, the cars with the tan tops are the SKY's, if you look close at the yellow car you can see the sky's accent in the side doors.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
You don't have to look too closely at the yellow car to know that it is a Sky.

ha ha ha

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was talking to my Saturn dealer a month or so ago and he told me at that time that orders wouldn't be taken until May. A week later he called me to have me come in and take my written order for the car.

During that conversation he said something about the 11th a couple of times. I asked the 11th of What. He said he could not be any more specific than what he had said.

What does this all mean? I don't know. I could put the two together now and get that they (Saturn) is hoping to have images or customer cars available by the 11th of May. Or it could mean nothing.

The Saturn rep I was talking with at the show was saying the target was late May and noted that if the cars arrived early then great.

Who the F*** really knows. I understand why they aren't saying anything but it's frustrating.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts