Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Why not order a new Saturn Sky Redline and an HHR base model to haul the dog around in for a total of 50K. The redline will run circles around that highfashion auto enthusiast wannabe. I hope they get stuck holding onto the thing. They probably got a huge wright off for charity and are now looking for some naiev schmooser to buy it.:mad: :willy: I just hate it when dealers gouge like this.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Dont fill bad, I did not have a clue who he was either.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
MRSVIPER said:
You can get a Viper, for that amount. Heck I'll sell you my red roadster 1992. with 3,000 miles for 55,000.00....(V-10) check my gallery..............................:thumbs:
It's for charity, these rich guys just write it off.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I admit I am on my laptop tonight and it renders colors rather poorly, but not only do I not care about Richard whoever-he-is, the car looks like it is painted in battleship gray!

Yeah, I know I am color blind and have no taste . . . I wear non-designer clothes and . . . well, you get the picture.

·
Registered
163 Posts
It's an interesting color - more like a pearlescent white/silver than like the champagne color they advertised on that auction website...

And the EMBROIDERED windscreen? come on... :nonod:

·
Registered
229 Posts
You know, if I wanted to spend $52,990 I could buy 2 Skys--Midnight Blue for driving at night and sunny Yellow for daytime driving. :cool:

·
Registered
669 Posts
SkyHighinTX said:
You know, if I wanted to spend $52,990 I could buy 2 Skys--Midnight Blue for driving at night and sunny Yellow for daytime driving. :cool:
Now, THAT'S the best idea I've heard today...cept I'd probably go with the Red for daytime. :)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
qwack said:
Now, THAT'S the best idea I've heard today...cept I'd probably go with the Red for daytime. :)
:agree: Double that order....:lol:

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
So there was a purple Solstice posted for sale on craigslist and the owner claimed is was a one off special order factory painted Royal Purple. That car reminded me of this car so I did a little research on it. I know this is a really old thread but I wanted to share some info. As stated the car was won at auction by a Saturn dealer in Arizona for $52,000. It was then sold a couple of times and was wrecked and issued a salvage title in 2012. As of September 2018 the car is titled in Utah.

-

·
Registered
17,415 Posts
So there was a purple Solstice posted for sale on craigslist and the owner claimed is was a one off special order factory painted Royal Purple. That car reminded me of this car so I did a little research on it. I know this is a really old thread but I wanted to share some info. As stated the car was won at auction by a Saturn dealer in Arizona for $52,000. It was then sold a couple of times and was wrecked and issued a salvage title in 2012. As of September of this rear the car is titled in Utah.

-
Rob the Elder can tell us if there was such an animal. I can tell u the only auction for a charity was a one of a kind Sky with the color cognac..it did go off at about 50K with designer seats...see post #1

·
Registered
363 Posts
Rob the Elder can tell us if there was such an animal. I can tell u the only auction for a charity was a one of a kind Sky with the color cognac..it did go off at about 50K with designer seats...see post #1
I can say had experience with the domestic OEs and they will not do special one off colors. I had a customer at Lincoln request a special color on his MKS and they would not do it. He offered $50k and they wouldn't do it. They said that it creates a very valuable car later down the road and that if it ever needed to have the paint matched, it could not be done. I've also heard of GM doing the same. I would be surprised if they did do it.

Now on the other hand, another salesman had a customer trade in his Bentley Arnage with a custom factory paint he paid an extra $75k to get. It was a brown/copper color with beautiful orange/brown leather to set it off!!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Thanks Mike. I read the first post and the whole thread before posting. This specific car sold at a charity auction on March 31,2006. According to CarFax, the first title issued was to the dealer in Arizona (see CarFax entries below). This would mean that either the dealership won the charity auction or the car was sold to the dealer by the winning bidder without being titled to the winning bidder. The car did not sell to the second owner until March 28, 2008.

05/26/2006 5 miles
Arizona Motor Vehicle Dept.
Scottsdale, AZ
Title #00E9006146102
Dealer took title of this vehicle
while it was in inventory
Title or registration issued

03/28/2008 6,411 miles
Arizona Motor Vehicle Dept.
Phoenix, AZ
Title #015H008087170
Title or registration issued
New owner reported

_

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Cognac isn't even purple, anyway.

If you actually read my post I was referring to both cars being painted a one off color. I never said that the colors looked the same.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I can say had experience with the domestic OEs and they will not do special one off colors. I had a customer at Lincoln request a special color on his MKS and they would not do it. He offered $50k and they wouldn't do it. They said that it creates a very valuable car later down the road and that if it ever needed to have the paint matched, it could not be done. I've also heard of GM doing the same. I would be surprised if they did do it.

Now on the other hand, another salesman had a customer trade in his Bentley Arnage with a custom factory paint he paid an extra $75k to get. It was a brown/copper color with beautiful orange/brown leather to set it off!!
GM does do custom colors at the factory. One example is the Mary Kay pink cars with one of the GM paint codes WA590Q. While these are not one off cars they are very limited production vehicles and sold exclusively to Mary Kay. The color listed for this car is Cognac Frost tricoat which is a GM paint color code WA472P. Below is a link to the compnine report for this car so maybe someone else can chime in on this. I believe Saturn had this car painted at the factory this way for the one off charity Sky.

Compnine report for 2007 Saturn Sky in Cognac Frost Tricoat

_

·
Registered
17,415 Posts
GM does do custom colors at the factory. One example is the Mary Kay pink cars with one of the GM paint codes WA590Q. While these are not one off cars they are very limited production vehicles and sold exclusively to Mary Kay. The color listed for this car is Cognac Frost tricoat which is a GM paint color code WA472P. Below is a link to the compnine report for this car so maybe someone else can chime in on this. I believe Saturn had this car painted at the factory this way for the one off charity Sky.

Compnine report for 2007 Saturn Sky in Cognac Frost Tricoat

_
But this entire inquiry is about a PURPLE SOLSTICE...that is why I refer this to Rob.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
But this entire inquiry is about a PURPLE SOLSTICE...that is why I refer this to Rob.
So there was a purple Solstice posted for sale on craigslist and the owner claimed is was a one off special order factory painted Royal Purple. That car reminded me of this car so I did a little research on it. I know this is a really old thread but I wanted to share some info. As stated the car was won at auction by a Saturn dealer in Arizona for $52,000. It was then sold a couple of times and was wrecked and issued a salvage title in 2012. As of September 2018 the car is titled in Utah.
Mike, please read my original post again. The purple Solstice being a one off paint color reminded me of this car that this entire thread is about which is also a one off paint color car.

_

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow! Mine isn’t purple but it’s also not 52K!
2009 Saturn Sky Redline Turbo, Carbon Flash with silver stripe. Factory installed spoiler and wind screen. $17,500! Beautiful car!!!

21 - 40 of 40 Posts