Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i see a lot of people ordering the 6-disc cd changer. i don't think it's worth to get the 6-disc cd changer. why pay all that extra money when you could just buy like an ipod and have just as many songs, or if you have a cd player you could plug that in to the outlet. plus you dont have to spend all that money on cds if you have an ipod. but the 7 speaker monsoon upgrade is well worth it, especially with that speed control function where is speeds the music up to compensate the outside sounds at high speeds. i have a huge sub box so it would be useless in the sky's "trunk" if you want to call it. so the mini sub that comes with the package is a solid investment.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
indaskyz said:
i see a lot of people ordering the 6-disc cd changer. i don't think it's worth to get the 6-disc cd changer. why pay all that extra money when you could just buy like an ipod and have just as many songs, or if you have a cd player you could plug that in to the outlet. plus you dont have to spend all that money on cds if you have an ipod. but the 7 speaker monsoon upgrade is well worth it, especially with that speed control function where is speeds the music up to compensate the outside sounds at high speeds. i have a huge sub box so it would be useless in the sky's "trunk" if you want to call it. so the mini sub that comes with the package is a solid investment.
I'm getting it because I don't always have my iPod with me and sometimes I just can't find anything I want to hear on Sirius. A bank of 6 burned MP3 CDs will give me plenty of music to fall back on.

·
Registered
802 Posts
indaskyz said:
I too was against the 6-disc changer, until I read this post and pondered it awhile...http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2391&page=2
Now I will order the 6-disc...don't need my ragtop torn to shreds.

·
Registered
623 Posts
6 disc changer still can be usefull, what if a friend brings his CD's along a trip? Options are always good. My Radio is going to be AM/FM/XM with the 6-Disc and the Aux port for my iPod, that way I am free to choose how I want to listen to my music!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
My reason for going the way of the single cd player with MP3 is not having to carry about all those cd's when mp3 hold more songs. But I guess with 6 mp3 discs in the radio and lord knows how many songs available I would have enough music in the car for about 2 or 3 months without repeating one.:)

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I have it in my Escape and I love it. I want to be able to put a couple of mixed MP3 CD's in and a couple of origional disks as well. It gives me lots of selection when I make the drive to Northern Ontario and there arn't any FM (or AM) stations in range.

I was going to get the XM option but I was a little worried it would be obsolete in a short time. Besides I don't like the idea of paying for Radio.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
It took a while for people to get used to the idea of paying for TV too. I first got Sirius 3 years ago as a gift and now would never go back. The original content is wonderful, not to mention the commercial free music.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
rick112 said:
I have it in my Escape and I love it. I want to be able to put a couple of mixed MP3 CD's in and a couple of origional disks as well. It gives me lots of selection when I make the drive to Northern Ontario and there arn't any FM (or AM) stations in range.

I was going to get the XM option but I was a little worried it would be obsolete in a short time. Besides I don't like the idea of paying for Radio.
That XM option might be a good thing for driving up in northern Ontario. As there surely isn't much to listen too.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
indaskyz said:

I agree with you... i have a 6 disc cd changer in the BMW M3... and it is a pain in the butt sometimes....... well, first of all it is in the trunk.... i keep my cd case in there so, when i am on a roadtrip and stop for gas/food etc.... i open the trunk and change my selection....... just a hassle..... to me.. MY OPINION........ i always change my mind on what i want to listen to anyway.. so one day i may want oldies... or country.. .... then.... for some reason... i go to the newer stuff.... nickleback, maybe... older eminem.... and.. i got WAY too many cd's to go through as my moods change... YEAH... i am sure.... SOME of you are thinking... OMGosh... A WOMAN....CANT MAKE UP HER MIND.... ok... ok.. i admit it.. BLONDE...... and... then there is the pain in the butt of my ipod...... i have a huge selection... variable genre's...... over 1000 songs... but, i get bored with them.. and the time it takes to get rid of them and get more or... different titles on there.. is just a pain in the butt.... OH NO... i am ranting again..:willy: . maybe it is nappy time.... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
SkyBaby said:
I agree with you... i have a 6 disc cd changer in the BMW M3... and it is a pain in the butt sometimes....... well, first of all it is in the trunk.... i keep my cd case in there so, when i am on a roadtrip and stop for gas/food etc.... i open the trunk and change my selection....... just a hassle..... to me.. MY OPINION........ i always change my mind on what i want to listen to anyway.. so one day i may want oldies... or country.. .... then.... for some reason... i go to the newer stuff.... nickleback, maybe... older eminem.... and.. i got WAY too many cd's to go through as my moods change... YEAH... i am sure.... SOME of you are thinking... OMGosh... A WOMAN....CANT MAKE UP HER MIND.... ok... ok.. i admit it.. BLONDE...... and... then there is the pain in the butt of my ipod...... i have a huge selection... variable genre's...... over 1000 songs... but, i get bored with them.. and the time it takes to get rid of them and get more or... different titles on there.. is just a pain in the butt.... OH NO... i am ranting again..:willy: . maybe it is nappy time.... SkyBaby-07
OH where have you been Sky baby You know iffin you stay away from the forum you get withdrawls

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
rick112 said:

XM ROCKS..... we have it in all our cars... on the boat ...... and.. have had it for a while...... if i get sick of "music"... i go to channel 150.. and listen to all the comedy my little heart can handle...... it is so funny to watch people around me try to figure out why i am laughing so darn hard...... i just laugh harder cuz.. they is CONFUSED..... but,.. i dont think it will be obsolete.... it is satelite........Great idea about the mixed MP3's... i have 14 of them in a nice small carrier thingie... and it covers ALL my moods of music....... because,,, i do change my mind often... SkyBaby-07

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
nighttripper said:
OH where have you been Sky baby You know iffin you stay away from the forum you get withdrawls

Yep.. Nighttripper... i have had withdrawls.... BUT.... IN TWO DAYS.. I GET MY AVATAR... YEA... A MONTH....... i should be laying down.. but am in the mood for... INFORMATION for breakfast...... I feel like i am a bad "family" member when i am not here for a day ... well, ok.. make that every few hours..... i will take my laptop up to the room and keep plugged in.... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
SkyBaby said:
XM ROCKS..... we have it in all our cars... on the boat ...... and.. have had it for a while...... if i get sick of "music"... i go to channel 150.. and listen to all the comedy my little heart can handle...... it is so funny to watch people around me try to figure out why i am laughing so darn hard...... i just laugh harder cuz.. they is CONFUSED..... but,.. i dont think it will be obsolete.... it is satelite........Great idea about the mixed MP3's... i have 14 of them in a nice small carrier thingie... and it covers ALL my moods of music....... because,,, i do change my mind often... SkyBaby-07
NO Id have never of noticed:lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
nighttripper said:
My reason for going the way of the single cd player with MP3 is not having to carry about all those cd's when mp3 hold more songs. But I guess with 6 mp3 discs in the radio and lord knows how many songs available I would have enough music in the car for about 2 or 3 months without repeating one.:)

THAT WOULD BE AN AWESOME ROADTRIP.... just get in the car and MAKE THE DECISION.... I AM NOT GOING HOME TIL I LISTEN TO EVERYONE OF MY SONGS ON MY MP3 DISC..... wow.... maybe i will try that.... ,,, i think i have 14 though...... hmmmmmmmm....... ok.. i will stop at the beach for a few of them... SkyBaby-07

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
nighttripper said:
NO Id have never of noticed:lol:
I am gonna take that in a GOOD WAY.... heheheheh..... my kids think i am crazy..... darn kids think they are getting SPAGHETTI FOR DINNER... and.:rolleyes: . what do i give them, because i change my mind,......?.... MOSTACIOLLI.... ugh.. go figure SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
SkyBaby said:
I am gonna take that in a GOOD WAY.... heheheheh..... my kids think i am crazy..... darn kids think they are getting SPAGHETTI FOR DINNER... and.:rolleyes: . what do i give them, because i change my mind,......?.... MOSTACIOLLI.... ugh.. go figure SkyBaby-07
I THINK THAT IS YOUR PEROGATIVE :cheers: Always in a good way:)

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
nighttripper said:
I THINK THAT IS YOUR PEROGATIVE :cheers: Always in a good way:)

nighttripper...... i take everything lightly..:jester: ... i knew you were kidding.... very few things i take personally..... ... but now, if someone is gonna dis my PINK car.... uh oh..:eek: .. then i might get defensive..... well, maybe.... SkyBaby-07

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
SkyBaby said:
nighttripper...... i take everything lightly..:jester: ... i knew you were kidding.... very few things i take personally..... ... but now, if someone is gonna dis my PINK car.... uh oh..:eek: .. then i might get defensive..... well, maybe.... SkyBaby-07

PINK... Ewwwww....

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Spag said:
PINK... Ewwwww....
Hmmm..... So, Spag..... HMMMM.. WHERE ARE THE CURRENT UP TO DATE PICS... of our babies?...:confused: .... i sent you a pm the other day....... SkyBaby-07

Oh.... i forgot to tell ya..... YOU IS GONNA GIT IT FOR DISSIN THE PINK.... hehehe... kidding.... SkyBaby-07

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts