Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, am I the only one having problems with the digital readout on my radio. Didnt work at all when I picked up the car on the 12th. (the digital readout, radio always worked) Last night I picked her back up after having Lojack early warning installed and same thing. Digital not coming on when first start up car intermintely. :banghead: Just called service and they advised me that they are hearing about some probs with the 6 disc. Anyone else having problems???

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Sounds like a short.....???? :confused:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
No - a short would blow fuses. Sounds more like:
Easy Fix = Loose wire connection (plug/socket/solder). Usually can be found by wiggling wires etc and watching the radio
Hard Fix = Same thing but IN the radio. Usually fixed by replacing the whole thing (Easier for them but you have to wait)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rick Tinley Park said:
No - a short would blow fuses. Sounds more like:
Easy Fix = Loose wire connection (plug/socket/solder). Usually can be found by wiggling wires etc and watching the radio
Hard Fix = Same thing but IN the radio. Usually fixed by replacing the whole thing (Easier for them but you have to wait)
They told me when I get a chance to bring it in for a scan???? Do you know what that is?

·
Registered
540 Posts
agirltrucker said:
OK, am I the only one having problems with the digital readout on my radio. Didnt work at all when I picked up the car on the 12th. (the digital readout, radio always worked) Last night I picked her back up after having Lojack early warning installed and same thing. Digital not coming on when first start up car intermintely. :banghead: Just called service and they advised me that they are hearing about some probs with the 6 disc. Anyone else having problems???
Oh my - I ordered the 6 disc also. Make 'em replace the dang thing!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
SCAN Tool

The radio is tied in to the car’s electronic network, that why it does not turn off until the doors are open. The “scan” is a tool that allows them to read error codes from the computer module, just like they read error codes for the engine. Hopefully there will be an error code that will tell them what the problem is. Maybe there is a software problem that can be fix with a flash update.:)

·
Registered
165 Posts
agirltrucker said:
One time my readout didn't come on for the 6 disc and for the DIC. I turned the inside light dial up and they all came on. That's the only time it happened.:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ineedmorebotox said:
Oh my - I ordered the 6 disc also. Make 'em replace the dang thing!!
I called them and they said they will order me a new one...:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ILVMYGT said:
The radio is tied in to the car’s electronic network, that why it does not turn off until the doors are open. The “scan” is a tool that allows them to read error codes from the computer module, just like they read error codes for the engine. Hopefully there will be an error code that will tell them what the problem is. Maybe there is a software problem that can be fix with a flash update.:)
Oh boy, thanks for the update. I hope they can find it or I told them if they cant fix it, to order me a new one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts