Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As of this Saturday I will have owned my Sky 6 months, As of today I have a total of 12,200 miles on the car. here are my lists of Likes, dislikes and troubles with the car.

My car is a Midnight blue, black and Tan leather seats, Chrome wheels, 6 disk CD changer with monsoon sound system.

1. Styling, One of the most beautiful cars I have ever owned.
2. Handling, I have never had a car to handle this well, no matter the road, it is willing to go as fast as I want...Most of the time faster than my passenger wants LOL
3. Power, It is fine for the type driving I like to do, I am not a drag racer, I love to tackle the curves...
4. Ease of operation. Once I have gotten used to locations of all the controls, and some special ways or reaching some of them, I have no problems reaching or operating anything...
5. I absolutely love showing people how EASY it is to operate the top, especially people that were told how hard it was...
6. I love the Monsoon sound system and XM radio.
7. The ride is great for a car this size.
8. The Chrome Wheels are easy to clean and sparkle like diamonds when the sun hits them.
9. I can't stop grinning when driving this car!!!!

Dislikes:
1. The cd player does not like ANY smudges on the cd at all... the display needs to be brighter
2. Wish the stereo controls on the steering wheel also would switch between CD's
3. Keeping it clean, I knew when I bought it the dark color would be hard to keep clean, but it does look great when clean.
4. needs a better deck lid interlock.
5. front end scrapes the pavement too easily.

Troubles.
1. Fuzzy pads on the Top's pin rests in the trunk coming loose (fixed it myself)
2. Tires rubbing the rear inner fender, (dealer repaired)

Thats about it... no leaks, squeeks, bumps, thumps... etc...
anything else that has happened was owner inflicted....

I absolutely love this car, I would not trade it for anything....

Attachments

·
Registered
358 Posts
She's certainly a beaut!!

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I have 1700 miles on my Sky and all I can say is that I have enjoyed every mile. Ihoping that this car is as trouble free as my SC2 was. :thumbs:

Thanks for the report.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have read so much about people's problems on here I wonder why I was one of the lucky ones and don;t have most of their problems... I wonder because mine was one of the first 400 that they did the inspection before releasing for full production that they fixed anything that may have come up later... I don't know, all I know I am very happy with my car, and if you have one don't give it up like I did my 65 Corvette, you will always regret it in the future...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Thanks for the report.. Excellent color choice. I can't hardly stand the wait, but I'm really glad you are enjoying your ride. :thumbs:

·
Super Moderator
6,565 Posts
Tim, great post, thanks.

What are you referring to here:
4. needs a better deck lid interlock.

·
Registered
994 Posts
My vin is 100243

And I haven't had the problems others have had either like leaks, tire rubs and the like. Just passed 2000 miles today and we've had it about a month. I think I can pretty much agree with everything on your lists. Now the blue was my first choice of color but we got the green which shows finger/hand smudges very clearly. I'll add that to the list

·
Registered
637 Posts
Thanks for the info...I understand your complaint about the stereo needing to be brighter for top down operation, but the other day I was driving my friend's convertable BMW and noticed that it's impossible to read the radio display in that car as well...I think it's pretty much problematic for any convertable.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tim, great post, thanks.

What are you referring to here:
well what i mean is it needs a safety catch that you have to push manually to open the deck lid, like on the hood of most normal cars, to keep it from opening when driving if you accidently open it without knowing it the catch will keep the wind from letting it fly open.
you can accidently hit the button to open the decklid, and if you don;t notice it or the trunk open on the DIC you could drive off and cause alot of damage,

·
Super Moderator
6,565 Posts
Good point, Tim.

I've been wondering about two steel loops that are on the front of the deck lid. They line up with a couple of squarish cutouts in the rear cowl. It almost looks like someone planned a safety catch that didn't get installed.

If you are really worried about losing the lid, you could make a safety strap. Wrap a piece of webbing around the loop at one end, and put a snap hook on the other end. The snap hook can attach to another loop that is very conveniently located almost directly below the loop on the deck lid.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
As of this Saturday I will have owned my Sky 6 months, As of today I have a total of 12,200 miles on the car.
My goodness has it been 6 months already. It will be 6 months for missy and I in 8 more days. I have been gone for about 3 months of it (away from my wife and Little Missy) but have still been able to log 7200 miles. Keep the good times rolling SKYMAN. :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good point, Tim.

I've been wondering about two steel loops that are on the front of the deck lid. They line up with a couple of squarish cutouts in the rear cowl. It almost looks like someone planned a safety catch that didn't get installed.

If you are really worried about losing the lid, you could make a safety strap. Wrap a piece of webbing around the loop at one end, and put a snap hook on the other end. The snap hook can attach to another loop that is very conveniently located almost directly below the loop on the deck lid.
I think those are in case you get rear ended so the loops will slip into the slot and then the decklid will be locked down and not decapitate anyone in the car....

·
Super Moderator
6,565 Posts
Possibly, but the "slot" that I've looked at is not so much a slot, as a squarish cutout in the bottom of the plastic cowl. I wouldn't want to trust it to protect my head.

My other thought is that the loops are used during assembly to suspend the deck lid while attaching the hinges.

Let me add a dislike to your list: The space between the support brackets in the the trunk is so close to fitting an airline carryon, but just not quite enough. It could have been made big enough with just a little change to some internal sheet metal. Do you think they were teasing us ?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Possibly, but the "slot" that I've looked at is not so much a slot, as a squarish cutout in the bottom of the plastic cowl. I wouldn't want to trust it to protect my head.

My other thought is that the loops are used during assembly to suspend the deck lid while attaching the hinges.

Let me add a dislike to your list: The space between the support brackets in the the trunk is so close to fitting an airline carryon, but just not quite enough. It could have been made big enough with just a little change to some internal sheet metal. Do you think they were teasing us ?
Good point. I looked at those pretty closely and it looks to be a extra bracing for the deck hinges. I think I remeber reading on the Soltice forum that there was some flex in that area with the deck lid open.

·
Super Moderator
6,565 Posts
The worst thing about that space, is that the braces are far enough apart, at 22 inches, and the space is wide enough, at 14 inches. But, that little tray for the wiring hose is about an inch too low, and the fuel tank's "Mayan Temple" is just square enough there that a carryon won't make the corner.

I do think the designers were teasing us.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

I guess that does not bother me because all I have is soft side carryons, and they do fit fine...so it does not fit my Dislike list, i have not had a problem with trunk space yet in the 6 months i have had the car...

·
Super Moderator
6,565 Posts
Its not the amount of trunk space that I dislike. It is the fact that that one space is almost big enough to fit a standard piece of luggage. But doesn't.

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Skyman 07, congrats on your anniversary :cheers:

I'm very glad you posted today, if you had not posted I would not have seen what the silver spoiler on the midnight blue car looks like WOW! :drool: :drool:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 22 Posts