Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having driven 1088 carefree miles, upon turnng right today, my SKY made a sound that curdled by blood. Everytime i made a sharp right turn it sounded like I scraped the right rear of my car, also on power upshift a terrible cracking noise occurs. Immediately took my dealer, right fender well was cracked and burned from tire bouncing and rubbing on in it. This just all of a suddent happened, like overnight. She is presently sitting all alone in the service area awaiting repairs. Dealer is calliong Saturn TEch tomorrow to see what is offered as a solution. Thought that tech buklleting was in place but was not. Hopefully ashe will be repaired soon, looks she will be gettin new wheels, at minimum. But I am not worried about it, Saturnwill take csre of the problem, just don't know the time frame. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
Ernest said:
After having driven 1088 carefree miles, upon turnng right today, my SKY made a sound that curdled by blood. Everytime i made a sharp right turn it sounded like I scraped the right rear of my car, also on power upshift a terrible cracking noise occurs. Immediately took my dealer, right fender well was cracked and burned from tire bouncing and rubbing on in it. This just all of a suddent happened, like overnight. She is presently sitting all alone in the service area awaiting repairs. Dealer is calliong Saturn TEch tomorrow to see what is offered as a solution. Thought that tech buklleting was in place but was not. Hopefully ashe will be repaired soon, looks she will be gettin new wheels, at minimum. But I am not worried about it, Saturnwill take csre of the problem, just don't know the time frame. Any ideas?
Ack! Sorry to hear the news Ernest!! I hope she gets fixed up for ya nice and quick!
Do you think that the upgraded suspension may have played a role?? :confused:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I say, take a load off... or fly west...... I'll take ya for a ride!!! Don't be upset, whatever it is, you're right, Saturn will handle.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
I say, take a load off... or fly west...... I'll take ya for a ride!!! Don't be upset, whatever it is, you're right, Saturn will handle.
Yeah Ernest! Me too..And you can drive.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Now maybe you'll have some time for us again! :lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
OH NO....i am sorry Ernest.... i can just imagine what it is like to have your baby... then.. NOT.... and have her be sick..... UGH...... maybe mine will be delivered today.... i am not going to hold my breath though...... SkyBaby-07

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
:banghead: Sorry to hear it Ernest. Hopefully this will be resolved quickly and get you back on the road. If you are in the area give me a yell I will link up with you.:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Ernest,
Thanks for driving the dickens out of that car so Saturn can get it right before mine comes to play

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Ernest do you think the suspension upgrades might have something to do with the problem?

·
Registered
176 Posts
do you think this is a another of those minor problems.oh well at least you drove over 1000 miles before the car went into the shop.i might be wrong,but out of 20 cars delivered to the members of this site about 20% are in the shop or are going in.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ernest said:
My dealer has it under control. They had to call to the tech department, the problem is so new the proper repair has not had time to reach service depts.
I have 2 new fender wells, obviously redesigned and 2 kits with clips to pull wheel well back from tire. May have them by friday, but Monday is promised. They may be shipped from contractor who manufactured them. Will get more on this repair as I will watch technician perform the work. Pix if possible.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
glock919 said:
do you think this is a another of those minor problems.oh well at least you drove over 1000 miles before the car went into the shop.i might be wrong,but out of 20 cars delivered to the members of this site about 20% are in the shop or are going in.
Glock919, where ya been boy? I consider Ernest's problem minor. As long as Saturn fixes these minor problems as they crop up, I don't think anybody on this forum can complain. After all these autos being first run of year will have minor problems. Major problems are wheels and axles breaking at speed. Minor ones like this make life interesting. Now when you get your first run redline I hope you have a perfect auto. If not I don't want to hear your s==t. Thank you. Skip....:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
727 Posts
glock919 said:
Tires rubbing the fender well on Sky's and Sol's are not an unknown issue, and they are also not a major issue. An annoyance? Definately. The end of the world? Hardly.

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
Skip said:
Now when you get your first run redline I hope you have a perfect auto. If not I don't want to hear your s==t. Thank you. Skip....:lol: :lol:
Ski-up... Have I ever mentioned how often you crack me up?? :D
It makes my time here very enjoyable! :lol:
Your bud,

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
glock919 said:
does your state have a lemon law.hope so.
Yeah maybe we can trade you in because of the re-occuring attitude adjustments...:D :banghead: :brentil: :)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
glock919 said:
I have had mine for almost a month and have 3500 miles on it.. Yes I have taken it back for a couple minor things, but nothing that is earth shattering..., and nothing that they haven't fixed or ordered the parts for to replace and have never had to leave it more than a couple hours, the only Item that effected the actual mechanics of the car was a MINOR fender rub. and it cleared on it's own when it melted off about 1/8" of plastic from the fender liner... but they are going to replace the fender liners with the new design when they get it... everything else has been cosmetic.

PS most lemon laws are for Major troubles (has to be the SAME problem) that reoccur more than 3 times over a fixed period, none of the problems encountered on here fall into that catagory....

·
Registered
277 Posts
I agree that there are going to be some minor issues with these cars because they are new. However, the wheel well issue has been noted on Solstices many months prior to the Sky rollout. I think the ball was dropped somewhere, this was not something new. Is Saturn handling the issue well---YES.:thumbs: Could it have been avoided----YES. :banghead:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
It would seem this wheel rub is the most serious of the problems. As a SOW (Sky Owner in Waiting), I am watching to make sure it is at least known or at best eliminated before Sunni comes home.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts