Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Everyone that is on the list for a Sky that does not have an order #, call your dealer today to make sure he enters your order in the system so you can get price protection on your order.

First off thanks to deluke, Small Dealer and SKY Spy. You guys just saved me $1000. Notice the wording I clipped from deluke's post below:

9. Other Program Guidelines:

A). PROTECTION ELIGIBILITY DATES ARE DICTATED BY THE CUSTOMER AND
DEALER ORDER DATES AS FOLLOWS:

-CUSTOMER ORDER DATE MUST BE PRIOR TO THE DATE OF THE PRICE
INCREASE.
-DEALER SYSTEMS ORDER DATE MUST BE NO MORE THAN ONE WORK DAY
AFTER THE DATE OF THE PRICE INCREASE.

That means today is the last day to lock in the old pricing. I confirmed this with my dealer this morning. He submitted my order this morning and locked in the old pricing. Check the flowing threads for more info if needed.

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7569

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?p=102554#post102554

Hope no one minds I made a new thread on this to hopefully catch some of those attention like myself who thought they were out of luck on the price increase. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Your Welcome !! I thought more people would catch on and call their dealer after I posted info. I guess they will be paying more. I usually just bring over threads from Small Dealer and Sky Spy. ZBut I want to make sure people see inportant info.

Please ,guy's who don't have a preliminary order number call your dealer and get one, now !! Better yet go down to your dealership if you could and get a print out. Unless you don't care about the extra 1,000.00.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thx

OK, I just posted this put it's not on so I'll post again to say ... thanks! I've called the 2 dealers I'm trying to work with and am waiting to hear back.

I plead guilty to not thinking ahead, but the car's so far out it just seemed like something I'd "get to," but never did.

I have $100 bucks down at one dealership but they don't seem to know what's going on, and the salesperson & mgr are out today so I'll see if I get a call back from 2nd in command.

The other dealer hasn't wanted to take $ from me until they get their allocation numbers, which I appreciate and see as very ethical, but am hoping I can still get a number since I've "ordered" it. But maybe I'd SOL on this one.

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
Ordered on May26th

I ordered mine on May 26, from Saturn of Aggieland, in Bryan TX. with a deposit, and the Sales Rep. told me it was a good thing because the price was going up on June 1. I was supposed to have my car in 11/2 monthes per the person at the factory when he ordered it. Which was July 15th!! After going back and forth with the dealer asking about my order status, yesterday I asked him for my order #. He hasnt got back to me but am thinking that he could have got it in and sold it to the highest bidder and just ordered me another one and since I am at the top of the list if he gets any Sky in he will then just call me to see if I want this one. It seems this is happening a lot!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
This is turning out to be a bad AND expensive day.

I am really bummed ...

I was just told that having money down or on a list doesn't count if there was no actual order in on an allocation of actual cars the dealer is expecting.

I can't get ahold of anyone at the dealer I put money down at (no return to my call) and the other deal is being very nice but can't do anything.

I said my frustration is that here I sit literally begging to buy a car that Saturn can't produce fast enough but can raise the price on while we're stuck.

I really feel like the wind was taken out of my enthusiasm today. How many more price increases might we expect while patiently waiting????

I am genuinely glad for those of you who have your cars or order numbers, you got in at a good time.

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
Well the dealer hasn't got back to me with my order number but I do have a receipt of my deposit date and time!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Just talked to my dealer (approx. 250 miles away ). He said I was the 2nd person today that asked about the price increase, he wasn't aware of it. He called me back and said I was price protected. I asked about the priliminary order no. He said I didn't have one but I was in "the system" and that was sufficient for price protection. I requested that info to be mailed to me, he agreed. Well, we'll see what happens.:confused:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
OK, I just posted this put it's not on so I'll post again to say ... thanks! I've called the 2 dealers I'm trying to work with and am waiting to hear back.

I plead guilty to not thinking ahead, but the car's so far out it just seemed like something I'd "get to," but never did.

I have $100 bucks down at one dealership but they don't seem to know what's going on, and the salesperson & mgr are out today so I'll see if I get a call back from 2nd in command.

The other dealer hasn't wanted to take $ from me until they get their allocation numbers, which I appreciate and see as very ethical, but am hoping I can still get a number since I've "ordered" it. But maybe I'd SOL on this one.

Talk to the general manager he should be able to get a order number for you.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Just like the rest of ya!

Guess we're all in the wait boat together. I too called my dealer today and asked about the increase. He didn't know about it. They have my deposit since July and said I'm in the system. Did not give me a prelim #, but I do have a signed quote. Another dealer keeps telling me I'm next but has not put me in the system, go figure. I'm alread P/O with this one. They called to verify my order on an image and gave it to the next person after the manual trans kicked it back. Dealer didn't even bother to call about any changes. Yes, I could explode......:brentil:
Hopefully, my prices stay as quoted.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Just talked to my dealer (approx. 250 miles away ). He said I was the 2nd person today that asked about the price increase, he wasn't aware of it. He called me back and said I was price protected. I asked about the priliminary order no. He said I didn't have one but I was in "the system" and that was sufficient for price protection. I requested that info to be mailed to me, he agreed. Well, we'll see what happens.:confused:
There is a way I was told that it could still be done if you gave your deposit but your dealer has to do quit a bit more paper work. Some dealers won't give out any info ,I wonder how they will react to doing more paper work to get the old price if you put your deposit in. I would bet there will be a problem.

You should go down and talk to your dealer today if possible, or better yet the General Manager. Better be safe then sorry.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I am really bummed ...

I was just told that having money down or on a list doesn't count if there was no actual order in on an allocation of actual cars the dealer is expecting.

I can't get ahold of anyone at the dealer I put money down at (no return to my call) and the other deal is being very nice but can't do anything.

I said my frustration is that here I sit literally begging to buy a car that Saturn can't produce fast enough but can raise the price on while we're stuck.

I really feel like the wind was taken out of my enthusiasm today. How many more price increases might we expect while patiently waiting????

I am genuinely glad for those of you who have your cars or order numbers, you got in at a good time.
Go down and talk to the general manager or sales manager.

·
Registered
145 Posts
OK, placed my order along with my $1000 deposit on July 3, 2006. Since that time I have stopped by the dealership to introduce myself to the salesman (I spoke with him a bit by phone but he was busy when I went in to place the order so the sales manager wrote it up for him), time with salesman 5 minutes. I stopped back 2 weeks ago when I noticed he had an automatic base sky, to ask for a test drive. Salesman was busy so he got another associate to take me out. Time with salesman 1 minute. I've stopped back at the dealership a few times to check out any Skys that came in so I can see it in different colors but did not speak to anyone on those occassions. Two meetings in two months lasting about 6 minutes total. I told him up front I wasn't one to keep calling and checking up. I called today to confirm that I was price protected, left two messages requesting either he or the sales manager call me back. Guess what? No call back. You'd think that after committing to buy a 30K car after 6 minutes total with a sales rep that they could afford me a 5 minute phone call. Went down to the dealership 8pm. Now I'm told the salesman was off today. Couldn't tell me that when I caled him huh? No one there can use a computer to verify if I'm in the system or not. I'd have to wait for the inventory manager and/or salesman. Tomorrow. There's computers on everyone's desk and this is dealership is part of the DCH motor group not some small mom and pop dealership and there proudly displayed out front is their shiny new JD Powers Cutomer Service Award. Think I'm a little frustrated. Well I better find out tomorrow that I'm price protected, exactly what my order number is and my event code or I'm going to blow a gasket. :mad:

·
Registered
105 Posts
The best of times, the worst of times.

There's a troubling pattern here with dealers ...

Here's my update.

Remember I have two "orders;" one that I put $100 down with back in June and am on their "list," whatever that means. This is the dealership that didn't know a turbo Sky was a Redline or whether you could get red interior. I've had zero follow up by them whatsoever which now continues ...

Today I put a call in to the mgr in charge (neither my salesperson nor the mgr were in), leaving a detailed message and the importance of a return call today. No call back.

I have a "verbal order" in with another dealer who came very highly recommended (and I've learned why and agree). They refuse to take a downpayment on cars they don't even have allotted, but have a list of their own - but they refuse to make promises without knowing how many cars they'll have. I can respect that level of honesty. I receive immediate callbacks and this salesperson really knows his stuff - he's into these cars as much as we are.

He explained this price increase came out of the blue and they were as surprised as we were. They expected an increase but not until 08's so doesn't know why it came now. He claims, and I believe him, that he tried everything he could to get a number for me but can't if there's no vehicle to image (if I'm saying that right). I believe he tried.

So I'm hosed on the $1,000. I think the last sales guy felt almost as badly as I did, but at least he had the guts to call me and discuss it unlike the first dealer. There's no excuse for that and there's no excuse for a dealership not knowing there even WAS a price increase.

I'm very pleased with the second salesman, but I'm starting to seriously wonder about Saturn overall based on what's been said and my experience thus far (second sales dude excepted). As I explained, here we are literally begging to buy a car they can't produce fast enough but are willing to increase the price - and I wondered out load how many more price increases there might be before I see a car. He said, "I know, I feel terrible." He may be that good of a salesman but I think he did.

Meanwhile, the other dealer is on MY list ... and not my good list. I've never experienced this when buying a veh other than years ago when Harley thought they didn't need to "sell" their product so could treat people poorly, which eventually caught up with them. I'm not sure Saturn has that strong of a base.

Sorry to rant, but I'm very disappointed with the process.

Scott

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
There's a troubling pattern here with dealers ...

Here's my update.

Remember I have two "orders;" one that I put $100 down with back in June and am on their "list," whatever that means. This is the dealership that didn't know a turbo Sky was a Redline or whether you could get red interior. I've had zero follow up by them whatsoever which now continues ...

Today I put a call in to the mgr in charge (neither my salesperson nor the mgr were in), leaving a detailed message and the importance of a return call today. No call back.

I have a "verbal order" in with another dealer who came very highly recommended (and I've learned why and agree). They refuse to take a downpayment on cars they don't even have allotted, but have a list of their own - but they refuse to make promises without knowing how many cars they'll have. I can respect that level of honesty. I receive immediate callbacks and this salesperson really knows his stuff - he's into these cars as much as we are.

He explained this price increase came out of the blue and they were as surprised as we were. They expected an increase but not until 08's so doesn't know why it came now. He claims, and I believe him, that he tried everything he could to get a number for me but can't if there's no vehicle to image (if I'm saying that right). I believe he tried.

So I'm hosed on the $1,000. I think the last sales guy felt almost as badly as I did, but at least he had the guts to call me and discuss it unlike the first dealer. There's no excuse for that and there's no excuse for a dealership not knowing there even WAS a price increase.

I'm very pleased with the second salesman, but I'm starting to seriously wonder about Saturn overall based on what's been said and my experience thus far (second sales dude excepted). As I explained, here we are literally begging to buy a car they can't produce fast enough but are willing to increase the price - and I wondered out load how many more price increases there might be before I see a car. He said, "I know, I feel terrible." He may be that good of a salesman but I think he did.

Meanwhile, the other dealer is on MY list ... and not my good list. I've never experienced this when buying a veh other than years ago when Harley thought they didn't need to "sell" their product so could treat people poorly, which eventually caught up with them. I'm not sure Saturn has that strong of a base.

Sorry to rant, but I'm very disappointed with the process.

Scott

I guess he didn't know how to put in a preliminary order because thats all that had to be done. But alot of times only the sales manager or general manager can do it. I guess they weren't there. This is a bummer !! This is why I kept saying a preliminary order is something.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have been reading all these horror stories about being on a list 2 to 40 people deep and the dealer has not even tried to enter anyones request into the regional system. Plus all the price gourging.

I went to a dealer in South Central PA walked in asked about ordering a Sky Redline. Sales person said sure filled out the paper work gave him a deposit he entered the car into the regional to start the process at MSRP with no addons. I asked about allocation he said they have not been told not to submit and they didn't see any problem except the timeframe to delivery. No list, no BS, Also called back to ask about the price increase, dealer said not a problem we had a signed agreement and the dealer would honor the price quoted.

I feel bad for all the people that are trying to send their hard earned money to Saturn and being treated badly. Hopefully things will turn around.

I guess time will tell if it will happen to me, but my experience to date has been positive.

Regards to All

1 - 15 of 15 Posts