Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pass a cop at 80 MPH on the Highway, and NO TICKET

Well, not quite yet, but in a few more days. Texas Transportation Commission just okayed raising the speed on parts of 10 between San Antonio and El Paso to 80 MPH!:cool: This is in rural areas and trust me, there is nothing for miles out there! May have to take the Sky for a road trip!:lol:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Sweet. That is so much fun!

·
Registered
79 Posts
TexSon said:
Well, not quite yet, but in a few more days. Texas Transportation Commission just okayed raising the speed on parts of 10 between San Antonio and El Paso to 80 MPH!:cool: This is in rural areas and trust me, there is nothing for miles out there! May have to take the Sky for a road trip!:lol:
When they do get the limit raised, be sure you invite Angelqute1 to join you in a speed run. I understand she has experience with the Sky at speed.
:D

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gayager said:
When they do get the limit raised, be sure you invite Angelqute1 to join you in a speed run. I understand she has experience with the Sky at speed.
Don't tell me she got another ticket!:eek:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
gayager said:
:agree:
I have a friend who drives ahhhh let's say there's never much room under his right foot... When we pass a cop he usually mutters "Can't stop what ya can't see..." :driving:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
:agree:
I have a friend who drives ahhhh let's say there's never much room under his right foot... When we pass a cop he usually mutters "Can't stop what ya can't see..." :driving:
That's pretty funny! :lol:

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, parts of I-10 from SA to El Paso will be 80mph, anyone up for a ticket free speed run!:lol:

·
Super Moderator
11,486 Posts
I'm heading out to AZ this weekend...anyone know where the governer kicks in with the Sky?

I think I may have to find out...I should be out of break in by then...:)

The Grand Prix use to be governed at 127...hit that a couple of times...then got rid of it and found she gets a little hairy around 145.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Texas... what a state.

Between 80 MPH and Terrell Owens, you guys know how to live on the wild side.

·
Registered
256 Posts
1994SC2 said:
Texas... what a state.

Between 80 MPH and Terrell Owens, you guys know how to live on the wild side.

:cheers:

That was a classic...
i want nothing more than to see him break his leg in spring training. What could youi expect from a Raven fan?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
Montana... home of the free and no speed limit. Well, from 1995 to 1999... this was the only restriction:
-------------------------------------------------------------
Motorists were to comply with the "basic rule" speed limit when they drove, in a manner that did not unreasonably endanger other highway users. To ensure this, drivers were to be constantly alert to changing traffic conditions and adjust their speed as conditions varied. These conditions were numerous and could change rapidly. Thus drivers were to be alert for:

* the amount and type of traffic sharing the highway with them. The traffic could have been heavy or light and may have included trucks, cars, motorhomes, farm equipment, and motorcycles.

* changing weather conditions that could have affected driver visibility and road conditions. These conditions could have included fog or snow and road surface conditions such as water or ice.

* the type of vehicle they were driving, particularly the condition of their brakes and the weight of their vehicle, which affects braking ability.

* the character of the highway they were driving. Drivers were to adjust their speed for hills or for winding and narrow roads.

* the presence of intersections, railway grade crossings or pedestrians.

* Driving in a careful and prudent manner, complying with the basic rule, required drivers to be constantly alert and mindful of their personal responsibility not only for their own safety but also for that of other highway users.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Here is another interesting fact:

A follow up study just completed by National Motorists Association shows the safest period on Montana’s Interstate highways was when there were no daytime speed limits or enforceable speed laws.

The doubling of fatal accidents occurred after Montana implemented its new safety program; complete with federal funding, artificially low speed limits and full enforcement.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
The new speed limit is 65... so they went from no speed limit to one of 65 and the fatalities doubled... amazing.

Bravo Texas!!!

·
Registered
453 Posts
TexSon said:
Ahhh, El Paso, my home away from home!!! That's great news, everyone knows you DON'T Mess With Texas. All visitors it seems like come back from TEXAS with a souvenier ticket of that great state!! :lol: T.

·
Registered
52 Posts
80 miles per hour

Thats everday in Houston.
Had mine up to 100, very cool but a little windy.

1st Gear
5-26-2006
8:42 Pm

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
TexSon said:
Hey, parts of I-10 from SA to El Paso will be 80mph, anyone up for a ticket free speed run!:lol:

Me, me, pick me!!!!! I'm ready, but I gotts make sure Serenity can do without me, (my baby, not my SKY):D What about it Marklynn70, sound like a road trip:thumbs:

·
Registered
325 Posts
That means 85-89 without getting pulled over, too bad the SKy is too gutless to "cruise" at that speed. My car would be up at about 2200 RPMS cruising at that speed.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
bradyb said:
That means 85-89 without getting pulled over, too bad the SKy is too gutless to "cruise" at that speed. My car would be up at about 2200 RPMS cruising at that speed.
Wanna race gas pump to gas pump?:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Almost ready to join in...

Don't forget to stop and get us,,,,,we're at Exit 501 on I-10 and we have 475 miles of that Speed Limit 80 from this point on westward to El Paso. We are headed to Indiana to get our Sky next week so give us a few days to get it back and we want to go too!!! :) :)

Don't forget we need to get that hill country ride organized for this summer too.

Sheryl

·
Registered
325 Posts
Ernest said:
Wanna race gas pump to gas pump?:lol: :lol:
Just remember that last time I was out cruising on the highway I ended up with 30 MPG. 2200 RPMS at 85-90MPH will be hard to beat even for the ecotec, I'll just need to stay out of boost:lol: .

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Ernest said:
Me, me, pick me!!!!! I'm ready, but I gotts make sure Serenity can do without me, (my baby, not my SKY):D What about it Marklynn70, sound like a road trip:thumbs:

:cheers: Sounds like it would make for a pretty nice road trip. :thumbs:

·
Registered
669 Posts
bumsky2 said:
Don't forget to stop and get us,,,,,we're at Exit 501 on I-10 and we have 475 miles of that Speed Limit 80 from this point on westward to El Paso. We are headed to Indiana to get our Sky next week so give us a few days to get it back and we want to go too!!! :) :)

Don't forget we need to get that hill country ride organized for this summer too.

Sheryl
I'm at Exit 853 on I-10. Looking forward to the Hill Country Ride!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts