Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have observed something... seems like every picture I've ever seen of the dash of the Sky shows exactly 814 miles on the clock. Why is that? Area code 814 is central PA, which has nothing to do with the Sky, so far as I can figure. Anyone got any bright ideas? :jester:

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I see the 814 Miles in the pictures first released by Saturn over a year ago -- is there other places you have seen this number pop up? If not I'd say ist just the miles as recorded normally.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Since the odometer is a digital display the ignition would need to be on to see the miles... maybe for show purposes (on the pre production hand built cars)it has one of those plastic overlays like you see on digital watches or clocks that shows a time even though it is off.... Just a thought.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hrmm, could be an overlay but it looks pretty convincing...

Here's something I just got from Saturn in a promtional email...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Dante said:
Hrmm, could be an overlay but it looks pretty convincing...

Here's something I just got from Saturn in a promtional email...
probably the same car at the same time a bunch of different pictures were taken and they show up at different times?:confused:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I think it's just an overlay.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Whether or not it's photochopped isn't the question. The question is why 814?! LOL It could be that was the tester model and they took it out to the track for a couple days to put some miles on the clock. I just think it would be interesting to know if someone put that number on there for a reason, or if it's totally random.

yes, this is the most inane thread ever. :D

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
I Know I know.. 814 added together adds up to 13. Magic number. Actually I told them to do that to confuse Eldeeko Ernest and Skip. Delnari told me to do it. Skip....:D :) :) :willy:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Skip said:
I Know I know.. 814 added together adds up to 13. Magic number. Actually I told them to do that to confuse Eldeeko Ernest and Skip. Delnari told me to do it. Skip....:D :) :) :willy:
:willy: :willy: :confused: :confused: :crazy: :crazy:

·
Registered
17,765 Posts
You guys have lost it...nothing more to write about since our cars are on the way....let's just think about aftermarket ideas....does that work?

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
marlboromike said:
You guys have lost it...nothing more to write about since our cars are on the way....let's just think about aftermarket ideas....does that work?
No we haven't cousin, but we have lost Skip, he got out again!!! Have you seen him on this thread?:willy: :crazy: :skep:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Sounds good ta me. I was athinkin about addin an easy rider rifle rack ta carry my over and under shotgun. Any ideas? Skip...:cheers:

·
Registered
802 Posts
Ernest said:
There you are, Hey Eldeeko, I think we can corner him here, iffen' you hurry a mite. OOPS, looks like he may have slipped past me, darn that Ski-up is a tricky one.:lol:
He just went past me and he squeeled like a pig, he was all greased up too! Think maybe he was a going to a barbeque. Do they have anything more than just RoadKill in alabam?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
It is like clocks in ads and catalogues -- always 3 or 4:20...

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
KappaMan said:
at least it's not
4 8 15 16 23 42

:lol:
I wonder if anyone will know what those numbers are from?

hehehe :lol:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
usmc said:
I wonder if anyone will know what those numbers are from?

hehehe :lol:
Lost???

Me and my google searches! ha ha ha

1 - 20 of 30 Posts