Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey.just got back today..was reading the posts and saw one was delivered 10am...mine was delivered 6:35am...the cleaning staff had to call the manager that a truck was there waiting.....got the call around 3:00..picked it up after 5:30.........AND JUST GOT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!! what a 6 days this has been........just took off for the weekend.......upstate. lake placid. lake george, saratoga, etc.....just beautiful!!!!!

Everything, but better then anyone could have thought!..cop in a check point asked me to pull over and checked it out.........thumbs up from three guys. at red lights everyones heads just turn....real funny.kids at a bus stop are the best.they just stare with their mouths open.....another cop stopped us and said a SATURN?..no way....people with cell phones when parked taking pictures..went into a auto place to look at accessoriess...heard one guy say, that's a turbo..the other guy said, no... its not out yet.I yelled over.YES IT IS!

While getting a gas, I started to say what pump I was at and he said, you mean the SKY..YEP!..one of the first 4 in the U.S.....it seems everyone knows this car.,its crazy

The ride, never felt anything like it..total control... power to race the cars trying to stay next to you on the highway.I let them look and just floor it a bit.and it takes off .NO LAG!..plenty of room for stuff..got some inserts to put between the seats to hold glasses and cell........xm radio great,,,83 all the way....car phone with onstar.the best $15.00 for 100 mins. special they ran..had them do a check.everything was cool, just to get the hang of it.

Never been happier with a car..NOT ONE THING I WOULD IMPROVE !(maybe the trunk with the top down).really

But "RACED a black solice, no sweat and a yellow sky, got next to them, thumbs up..then gave it a punch and I could see them "small" in my rear view mirror,
one surprise..chilipepper red, when its night and you step on the brakes, both tail lights are a bright red..and with the center light redf..the thing JUST GLOWS !!!! the back is on "FIRE"..real hot!

Worth the wait.trust me...saturn has a hit!

Plenty of room to see..then windshield makes it look like you are driving in a video game, back view and sides..perfect!
top up 15 secs..down 10 secs......top up. plenty of room to pack some stuff.top down.well.......for 2 people its a bit hard to pack.makes you really think what to bring...had to rethink clothes twice...but bought a army duffle back. 16 bucks, real long, filled it and bent it around the mount in trunk that worked out.......

But first, second, third who really cares.....learned alot from this site and just wanted to share some highlights of my trip.

By the way, dealer sold me at no price increase, bought the 7 years 75,000 miles warrenty, also gap....and there was no add ons...dealer coould not have been better, so I guess that there are a few out there still playing fair.

Good luck!!
JC REDLINE

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Great Report!!!

Now we need pictures!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Regards,

BA...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks for the report!
Many happy miles!

Pictures please!
:cheers:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Thanks for sharing the roadtrip experience with us! Sounds like a great time, but you know us- WE WANT PICTURES and WE WANTED THEM YESTERDAY!!!!:lol: :cheers: :cool: Have a great time and enjoy the many miles and many SMILES.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Awesome to here about all that !! How did the tranny perform for you on the redline?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
tranny.no problem!

just smooth....do not really feel it switching gears..heard it might be different in a manual......just power you feel..hear the hum though..which is way cool..its just goes........so solid.......floor it and head hits head rest....such power for a 4........you really feel like you are racing on a track....its low.....but you are hugging the road...not like floating on it..full control.I asked my buddy...is there anything wrong with this car?.and we both looked at each other and laughed......and said no........it really is a hot car!..no regrets.worth the wait !

·
Registered
316 Posts
not sure if you heard or not but on all 2007 there is a 5 year 100,000 mile warrentry. so you should be getting a check back for that if i am correct

·
Registered
411 Posts
Thanks you guys....took these with my cell.not great.....and by the way was afraid of the black headlights.but as far as I am concerned thats what makes it...
AWESOME Landscape,.. Looks like a Level you race on in the "Need For Speed" Games. Of course the car looks awesome too. Can't wait till they have the Sky Redline in Games.

:willy:
major chub
:thumbs:

·
Registered
411 Posts
just smooth....do not really feel it switching gears..heard it might be different in a manual......just power you feel..hear the hum though..which is way cool..its just goes........so solid.......floor it and head hits head rest....such power for a 4........you really feel like you are racing on a track....its low.....but you are hugging the road...not like floating on it..full control.I asked my buddy...is there anything wrong with this car?.and we both looked at each other and laughed......and said no........it really is a hot car!..no regrets.worth the wait !

You Make Me SicK!!!!:brentil::brentil:

JK..
:rolleyes:
I can't get one yet, have too many other bills & I wanna buy a house...

I am getting a redline when i do though,.. no doubt.

I just need this Song I wrote & Produced with "The Runners" to get on an album. They are doing big things,... produced for Ludacris, Rick Ross, lil Wayne, etc. Bassically, those are artists that are top 5 on the bilboard top counts. So I hopefully wil make some serious cash with this first song.

can't wait.

....slade

·
Registered
684 Posts
not sure if you heard or not but on all 2007 there is a 5 year 100,000 mile warrentry. so you should be getting a check back for that if i am correct
THAT'S FOR THE TRANNY/DRIVETRAIN. NOT BUMPER TO BUMPER.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
JC .... which dealer?

Oh, Happy Trails!
:cool: :driving:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
Congrats on your RL!!! Great read!!! :thumbs:

While I can't remember exactly, I think Pitcom picked it up at 10am... delivery to you was after. :jester:

That trailer is used by Carlson Marketing which performs the special event promotions for Saturn... they are not employed as a transport company...

Edit: I apologize, I misread your post about the truck. They do use regular transport trucks... possibly yours was delivered on an enclosed Swift truck and not the open air Allied trucks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
no problem

By the way the post that I was referring to was it stating:

Our Redline Is Here!! [First Known SKY RedLine delivered to dealer] it stated 10 am delivery to dealer......

just meant that mine was earlier at 6:35am to dealer.no big deal

....... thanks for all the congrats.

And to GetAboutRL,I have family outside of albany.....so took it up there at Saturn where I think you are getting yours and showed the guys the car..it was cool.abut 14 people surrounded the car...nice people......told them I am also going to register there.for oil changes etc...

off this wednesday for another trip..my vacation started the exact day the car arrived, could not have planned it better and off until this sunday.so looking forward to another adventure....and yea Hayabusa...will see you again and you can also take it for another longer test drive and let me know what you think about it..and thanks for telling me to wait for the redline I owe you one !!!

wish you guys all the best...

later,
JC

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
By the way the post that I was referring to was it stating:

Our Redline Is Here!! [First Known SKY RedLine delivered to dealer] it stated 10 am delivery to dealer......

just meant that mine was earlier at 6:35am to dealer.no big deal

....... thanks for all the congrats.

And to GetAboutRL,I have family outside of albany.....so took it up there at Saturn where I think you are getting yours and showed the guys the car..it was cool.abut 14 people surrounded the car...nice people......told them I am also going to register there.for oil changes etc...

off this wednesday for another trip..my vacation started the exact day the car arrived, could not have planned it better and off until this sunday.so looking forward to another adventure....and yea Hayabasa...will see you again and you can also take it for another longer test drive and let me know what you think about it

wish you guys all the best...

later,
JC
Ah... K... Sorry... good catch!!! :cool:

I have been to the Albany store before. They still have that OLD white SL in there???

Have a great rest of vacation!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts