Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the GS sold and gone and the GN getting some upgrades done I took the Sky out to the Texas Motorplex to have some Sunday fun. The event was a Texas Muscle Car club Challenge.

On my second time trial run (this vid) I ran against a mid '00 Corvette, I knew i was way out of my league but it was just a time trial so no big deal. The eliminations would be bracket racing within a class. I was in the 13.0-13.99 class and to my surprise so was the Vette. Hmmm? Sand bagging maybe?

He spun pretty bad and I cut a .085 light I was out on him pretty good but I knew he would come around me. By the 1/8 mile I could hear his car coming and then he wasn't? My friends that were watching said he missed a shift and then just let out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUrEao70RO0

Well guess who I draw in the first round? The same guy in the red Vette, I,m thinking he probably wants revenge my goose is cooked. I don't have vid of this pass unfortunately.

He dials a 13.40 (yeah right) and I dialed a 13.75, I cut a 0.35 light to his .1 something and I never saw him I wasn't sure what had happened? Broke maybe? I coasted through the traps so I didn't break out. I never looked up at the timing boards on the pass. It ended up he red lighted by -.089

I did go out in the 2nd round I lost to a G8 but it was a fun day of racing.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Congrats man, sometimes as you know it s not the car, but rather the awesome driver.. Nice job showing off OUR Sky kappa...:D:thumbs::cheers:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats man, sometimes as you know it s not the car, but rather the awesome driver.. Nice job showing off OUR Sky kappa...:D:thumbs::cheers:
It was my pleasure Sir. And thanks for the kuddos much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Very nice!! Good job!

A few of us were playing around at a drag strip Friday night. The lnf's were running in the 13's like you were. One did make a 12 second pass though! You should go try it again!!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why is the video not playing for me? Oh pooey:( I really wanted to see it...
Go to you tube and type in David N Skye vs Z06 a friend of mine posted it. And I don't know why it's labeled that way either.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very nice!! Good job!

A few of us were playing around at a drag strip Friday night. The lnf's were running in the 13's like you were. One did make a 12 second pass though! You should go try it again!!
I have had this car down the track many times. All stock except for the Trifecta tune. Cooler weather it runs 13.30's-13.50's. I have hit the time in my sig, it was probably 60 degrees that day. This day it was 90 degrees with 90% humidity.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I have had this car down the track many times. All stock except for the Trifecta tune. Cooler weather it runs 13.30's-13.50's. I have hit the time in my sig, it was probably 60 degrees that day. This day it was 90 degrees with 90% humidity.
Ah...understood. The guy who was in the 12's was not stock. Cat delete and tuned for certain. Not sure about intercooler. Stock turbo.

My little NA is an embarrassment! But I knew it would be! I had to see if I could beat a Bimmer SUV after it made a pass though!

·
Super Moderator
11,238 Posts
Delightful.... 2 seconds, must have seemed like an hour to the vette's driver...
LOL...

Bracket racing makes for some interesting runs sometimes. One day at LACR I saw an 8 second drag rail line up against a bone stock PT Cruizer. An 8.5 second dial in against a 19.2 second dial in. You think a 2 second wait is bad, try just a tick over 10! LOL

God I need a turbo after reading all this. Would be happy with a 13 second car again...but want to hit 12s.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts