Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not too concerned about these issues, as I know my dealership will take care of them as soon as I take the car in for its first oil change after break in.

1. Water leaks into my trunk and gathers in to the gullies around and between the tail lights.

2. When the car is still cold and running the air conditioner, the engine sputters and almost dies when you let off the gas.

3. Cup holder on passenger side pops open without touching it.​

Some hints for detailing:

1. Use a garden blower to blow the water out of the grills (hood & front) and towel dry thoroughly before applying wax.

2. Use a damp soft sponge to clean and polish the inside of the cosmetic side vents... Especially at the bottom where you can't get your pinky in with a towel to polish.​

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
tmrpro said:
I'm not too concerned about these issues, as I know my dealership will take care of them as soon as I take the car in for its first oil change after break in.

1. Water leaks into my trunk and gathers in to the gullies around and between the tail lights.

2. When the car is still cold and running the air conditioner, the engine sputters and almost dies when you let off the gas.

3. Cup holder on passenger side pops open without touching it.​

Some hints for detailing:

1. Use a garden blower to blow the water out of the grills (hood & front) and towel dry thoroughly before applying wax.

2. Use a damp soft sponge to clean and polish the inside of the cosmetic side vents... Especially at the bottom where you can't get your pinky in with a towel to polish.​
Bring it back to the dealer ship for repair's and new deck seal.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I thought that gully was supposed to catch water and then drain it to the ground out back between the tailights? I washed mine the other day and noticed that water was running down the gully. I couldn't tell if the water "leaked' thru or if it flowed off the trunk and into the gully when I opened the clamshell. I'll pay more attention next time.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Anything that's not working correctly SHOULD BE A CONCEARN...

Tell your dealership tomorrow about your problems and have them fixed before your first oil change...

You paid good money for this car...you shouldn't have any problems with it!

·
Registered
78 Posts
All of the concerns are unfortunitly normal operation on the skys. Water gathering in the gully between the headlights has been occuring on all skys. Both cup holders love to pop out when accelerating quickly. I havent heard of any concerns for the sputtering and there are currently no bulletins out as of yet. I will keep you updated if i hear anything from engineering and GM

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.