Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...new here on this forum. I'm hoping that some of you can answer a few ordering questions that I have...(yes, I have already read the FAQ on ordering thread, but it didn't help me). I live in the Chicago suburbs and am very interested in the Sky with an automatic transmission. I stopped by the dealer located in Tinley Park,IL last weekend (March 11th) and was told by a salesman that the automatics were not being produced until late this year or possibly even next year at the earliest...yet I'm reading on this forum that some are arriving. I just read a post that somebody wrote about an automatic that just arrived at his/her area dealer and that they were going to testdrive it soon. What is the real story on the production of automatics? Am I too late to even think about ordering one at this point? Should I even bother trying...or am I just wasting my time? Will dealers in the Chicagoland area even take anymore orders at this time? ANY help that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!

Linda

·
Registered
256 Posts
nscrbug said:
at his/her area dealer and that they were going to testdrive it soon. What is the real story on the production of automatics? Am I too late to even think about ordering one at this point? Should I even bother trying...or am I just wasting my time? Will dealers in the Chicagoland area even take anymore orders at this time? ANY help that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!

Linda

Hi Linda,

The automatics are being produced at this time. Some of the earlier images wouldn't allow an automatic. Most dealers have an extensive waiting list. My dealer here in Maryland still had 6 slots open (15-20) but that is it. Most dealers are figuring that they will be allocated about 20 cars and that's it for the year. The best thing to do is to call all the dealers in your area and ask a few questions:

1) Are you still taking deposits on the SKY?
2) What number would you be if they took your deposit?
3) How much of a deposit (usually between $500 - $1000)
4) Are you going to charge MSRP? (Get it in writing cause some aren't)
5) How many images have you received so far?

MrJester

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
If you want it seek out a dealer now. There are some that have spots open! Some of the people here are waiting for Automatics and others are waiting for the red line version. You may have to wait a while for yours to arrive but you may still get a spot in line. Never say never.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
nscrbug said:
Hi...new here on this forum. I'm hoping that some of you can answer a few ordering questions that I have...(yes, I have already read the FAQ on ordering thread, but it didn't help me). I live in the Chicago suburbs and am very interested in the Sky with an automatic transmission. I stopped by the dealer located in Tinley Park,IL last weekend (March 11th) and was told by a salesman that the automatics were not being produced until late this year or possibly even next year at the earliest...yet I'm reading on this forum that some are arriving. I just read a post that somebody wrote about an automatic that just arrived at his/her area dealer and that they were going to testdrive it soon. What is the real story on the production of automatics? Am I too late to even think about ordering one at this point? Should I even bother trying...or am I just wasting my time? Will dealers in the Chicagoland area even take anymore orders at this time? ANY help that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!

Linda
As you may have gathered from reading these posts the WORST source for information is most dealers, it seems that the only dealers that want to find the truth about this car are the ones on this Forum, I would say search around you could find a remote dealer that has not sold any or has some images not spoken for..., some dealers are even selling on a first come first served basis as the cars come in.. if you find one like that tell him you want an automatic, and to call you as soon as he orders one or one comes in that he has already ordered.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
nscrbug said:

Linda
Linda -- I am #9 in line for Tinley Park. They have 10 to sell. All have been accounted for (now the owner owns 4-6 dealers so enquire) However, the comment has been made that they have ten to sell and 37 in line.... So the questions about availability has to be #1
Most places have sold out their allotment.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice and information, everyone. I'm going to start making some phone calls tomorrow and see how far I can get. I am willing to wait as long as it takes for one...not in any hurry at the moment. If it takes a year, then so be it. I would even consider waiting to be one of the first for an 2008 model if that's what it will take to get one. I've got a list of area dealers and plan on calling them all tomorrow...I'll post an update of my findings.

Linda

1 - 6 of 6 Posts