Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Nice Sky pics! And Landon's a cutie, too... :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Cool pics

I tried to see if there is an external radio antenna. The pics are a little too dark on the back of the car to locate one and the front seems to be missing it. Is the antenna in the wind shield? Curious because I want to get a car cover and would not want the hassle of a fixed whip antenna.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Jack_kow said:
I tried to see if there is an external radio antenna. The pics are a little too dark on the back of the car to locate one and the front seems to be missing it. Is the antenna in the wind shield? Curious because I want to get a car cover and would not want the hassle of a fixed whip antenna.
The stock antenna is located behind the passenger's seat (same as the Sol). You should see it in the gallery pics. Some people have talked about taking theirs off and installing a power antenna.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Lost Sol said:
The stock antenna is located behind the passenger's seat (same as the Sol). You should see it in the gallery pics. Some people have talked about taking theirs off and installing a power antenna.
Would be nice if that was an option for the Sky.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I'm just going to buy an aftermarket 12" black rubber mini antenna to replace the current antenna mast. They're usually well under $30, and I actually got better FM reception (at the cost of AM reception) on the previous cars I've used them on.

·
Registered
554 Posts
brentil said:
I'm just going to buy an aftermarket 12" black rubber mini antenna to replace the current antenna mast. They're usually well under $30, and I actually got better FM reception (at the cost of AM reception) on the previous cars I've used them on.
I will be removing the entire antenna mount from the car, and placing a flat car color mount over top the hole. Replacing GM radio with in-dash GPS, DVD, and satellite radio unit. Was going to have the hole left shaved, but a cover might be better as I could return the antenna back to the car if I decide to sell.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Delnari said:
...and placing a flat car color mount over top the hole.
Delnari,

Can I ask, how are you getting this? Are you having it custom made/painted?

If ordering in multiples would help defray the costs (assuming we end up with the same paint color) I'd be more than happy to split the cost.

E.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Delnari said:
I will be removing the entire antenna mount from the car, and placing a flat car color mount over top the hole. Replacing GM radio with in-dash GPS, DVD, and satellite radio unit. Was going to have the hole left shaved, but a cover might be better as I could return the antenna back to the car if I decide to sell.
be careful about pulling the radio, in some new GM cars the radio is part of the computer system, and is used for programming the driver information system, along with the headlight delay, power door lock settings, resetting the oil life sensor....It is that way on my Monte Carlo...
I am not sure but it also may have something to do with the OnStar, which is standard on the Sky

·
Premium Member
802 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
It isn't beautiful but it isn't enough to stop me from buying the car.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Antenna Dilemma

I like the power antenna option. Still think the antenna in the windshield would eliminate the unsightly antenna mounting bump.

·
Registered
328 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts