Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just bought an old fixer upper this last week. Our first home here in Phoenix. A Ranch Style home, built in the 50’s. The tile was retro pink and turquoise. For months now, my wife has lived with my Sky obsession… from the pictures of all of you members’ babies scotched-taped on the wall (see photo), to my incessant visits to the dealer… asking about my progress. She has been quietly elegant about the whole thing, but I’m sure she has wonder what could posses anyone like this Sky Redline has and, perhaps why I was not equally possessed with this renovation.

Anyway, my wife and I were knee deep in tearing out the old kitchen and cussin’ up a storm, when I hit my thumb with a hammer. I was jumping around and kicking things when my cell phone rang. It was Shelly at Saturn of Arrowhead calling to let me know I was up. I’m sure she thought the jumping around and swearing was directed at her. I went outside in the yard to talk (wanted to keep the color a secret). As we worked thru the final details, my excitement was at a peak. As I walked back inside, my wife could tell something good had happened, because I was no longer cussin’. The rest of the day was a dream and my wife was in heaven because the obsession was now on the new house. It went like a breeze and my thumb felt good all day.

She shall be called “Black Widow”…

Thanks to all of you on this forum, Skip, Ernest, Deluke, Sprag, Sky Dealer, Pitcom, SnaponBob, and probably a whole lot more that I can think of at the moment, for the info, patience taught, insight and the real time reports. And Ernest, I changed my mind at the last moment and went with the auto. I know you know why.

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Congratulations!
Many Happy Miles!

You will see - it is worth the wait!
I'm sure your wife will understand, the first time you take her out for an ice cream - top down and people staring! :)

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hey that's great news! (both on your new home & soon-to-be Sky)

Sorry to hear about your thumb...but what great luck to also get the call to image your Sky! (No pain, no gain!) :lol:

Nice montage of pictures you got there. :thumbs:
I can see my Sunny there on the right (I feel honored, hehehe) and some pics of our trip to Texas Motor Speedway there on the left.

Keep us posted on the status of 'Black Widow'.

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Sure about the name?

Black widow would be a good name for a bucking bronco that just killed your husband. I guess being a widow that name has some hurtful meaning. Name her Black Beauty, or maybe Black Pearl, Ebony, Onyx, I would suggest Raven, but someone has that already. If I think of some more I try and post them, not sure if your wife is going to appreciate the Black Widow name.

TulsaSky

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
When I was renewing this home of mine I should have worn a facemask. But instead I have a chronic cough called Pulmonary Fibrosis. Wear a facemask when doing the dusty part or the demo part of renovating the home....Skip..Save your lungs...Take a deep breath because I can't....:)

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Spiders are icky. :ack:

Pirates are cool. :cool:

Call it the "Black Pearl." :thumbs:

Welcome!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Congratulations! You must be a happy man!

Nice color choice! if we did not live on a dirt road we would have picked black too.

We stopped by the Arrowhead Dealership not too long ago and I really liked the way they conducted themselves. The salesmen answered all of our questions and spent time with us even though we had already placed our order elswhere!

We are going to use yourdealer for maintenance on our base and the Redline when it comes!

Drop us a PM when your Redline comes in, we would love to check it out!

FUN! FUN! FUN!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have the same exact order as you.

Do you have manual? do you have chrome wheels?

if so, we're redline twins, haha

Went with Auto at the last moment, based on lots on imput from this site and first hand info from Ernest.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congratulations! You must be a happy man!

Nice color choice! if we did not live on a dirt road we would have picked black too.

We stopped by the Arrowhead Dealership not too long ago and I really liked the way they conducted themselves. The salesmen answered all of our questions and spent time with us even though we had already placed our order elswhere!

We are going to use yourdealer for maintenance on our base and the Redline when it comes!

Drop us a PM when your Redline comes in, we would love to check it out!

FUN! FUN! FUN!
Will do. What part of town are you in?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts