Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I just got a phone call from my Saturn sales manager -- the constraint on chrome wheels and red leather has bumped me all the way from #11 to #2 and he needs my image NOW.

That's a great problem to have, EXCEPT . . . my wife and I had really had our hearts set on bluestone, tan roof, tan leather, since we figured we wouldn't be placing our order until May or so.

So . . . do I order our second choice (which is a distant second) -- chili pepper red, with black and black? Or do I hold out for bluestone?

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Just curious...did your dealer say that the Bluestone color would be available to order by May? I'm not scheduled to be imaged until late May/early June...if Bluestone becomes an option by then, I may end up changing my order.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, unfortunately, no one seems to know exactly when Bluestone will be available. That's one of the factors that makes this such a difficult decision.

The only official word I've heard is "not available at start of production."

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
davemcq said:
No, unfortunately, no one seems to know exactly when Bluestone will be available. That's one of the factors that makes this such a difficult decision.

The only official word I've heard is "not available at start of production."

I agree about it being a difficult decision. :banghead: I've been going back and forth on colors this past week. When I placed my deposit, I picked Midnight Blue since that is what both my husband and I decided on the minute we saw it in person at the Chicago Autoshow. But now, I'm really leaning towards the Silver Pearl or possibly the Graphite. Throw the Bluestone into that mix, and I'd have a real problem choosing! :willy: :crazy:

·
Registered
94 Posts
You could always go for your second choice and get it now, then when you see a bluestone and your heart sinks (if it does):banghead: , then sell yours and order your bluestone. The wait will be easier to handle 'cause you'll be driving one and if there is still a waiting list you'll probably get MSRP or more for the one you have...... just a thought

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Paint Problem

The word on the other forums is bluestone has problems in it application and they are having problems keeping it smooth and even...SEAL9

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for everyone's suggestions and info. I just talked with our sales manager and told him that we'll hold off and keep our fingers crossed that bluestone will be available soon. (He thought it would be, but had no official reason for saying so.)

He said that the factory has been overwhelmed by red leather orders, several times what they had projected. The chrome wheels are also going faster than they expected, and the automatics were running slightly ahead of projections.

He was very grateful that I was patient with him -- he said he'd been cursed at several times today by people who couldn't get the options they wanted. Yikes -- it's just a car!!

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
waite what do you meen it's just a car are you a miata owner?????? :nono: :nono: :) :) SEAL9

·
Registered
55 Posts
paint colour!!!!!!!

If you are set on a certain colour.......WAIT:cool: :cool: :cool:

Several years ago I purchased a new car that was in stock rather then
waiting for the colour I wanted !

I hated that car!:confused: :nono: Wait it is worth it :) :) :)

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
I bought the car I have now because it had all the equipment I wanted but I didn't want to wait for my first choice color. After about 2 months, I was so attached to it that I would buy the same color again.

I originally wanted the Bluestone too, but was in no mood to wait any longer than I absolutely had to, so I switched to Silver Graphite. Having the car in Spring was way more important to me. Since making that tough decision, I now love the color so much I wouldn't change it.

Now that I think about it, maybe I'm a bit schizo. I made a similar decision about the red leather last month and decided to go with black instead, even though I didn't think it looked as great, because of wear on the steering wheel. Now I look at pictures of the red and think the black is so much nicer!

·
Registered
877 Posts
reedred said:
I bought the car I have now because it had all the equipment I wanted but I didn't want to wait for my first choice color. After about 2 months, I was so attached to it that I would buy the same color again.

I originally wanted the Bluestone too, but was in no mood to wait any longer than I absolutely had to, so I switched to Silver Graphite. Having the car in Spring was way more important to me. Since making that tough decision, I now love the color so much I wouldn't change it.

Now that I think about it, maybe I'm a bit schizo. I made a similar decision about the red leather last month and decided to go with black instead, even though I didn't think it looked as great, because of wear on the steering wheel. Now I look at pictures of the red and think the black is so much nicer!
How much longer man......... Im 3 behind you..... hurry up:D

·
Registered
380 Posts
davemcq said:
Ok, I just got a phone call from my Saturn sales manager -- the constraint on chrome wheels and red leather has bumped me all the way from #11 to #2 and he needs my image NOW.

That's a great problem to have, EXCEPT . . . my wife and I had really had our hearts set on bluestone, tan roof, tan leather, since we figured we wouldn't be placing our order until May or so.

So . . . do I order our second choice (which is a distant second) -- chili pepper red, with black and black? Or do I hold out for bluestone?

Any suggestions?
Got mine on the 20th. This car is so much fun, you won't want to miss the spring and summer without it. I just got the Chilli Pepper red and it is gorgeous! I don't think you will go wrong on it. Personally, I would not wait and miss the top down weather for "who knows when".

·
Registered
877 Posts
reedred said:
I'll get an update in about 12 hours. Hope there's good news!
The demos should be in any day now. They have two demos coming in for each LI dealer.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
A demo arrived in Massapequa today. I got a call saying I can go in tomorrow after work and test drive it. As for my car, still no change.

·
Registered
877 Posts
reedred said:
A demo arrived in Massapequa today. I got a call saying I can go in tomorrow after work and test drive it. As for my car, still no change.
I did the test drive this afternoon, loved the car.... A real show stopper!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Help On The Way]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

THERE ARE RUMOURS YOUR FIRST CHOICE MAY BE A PAINT PROBLEM:confused: :confused: I'D GO WITH THE RED & BLACK INTERIOR. ALL SPORTCARS LOOK GOOD RED. :):cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
41 Posts
seal9 said:
The word on the other forums is bluestone has problems in it application and they are having problems keeping it smooth and even...SEAL9
This is not true. :banghead: How do these rumors get started?

The color has been an "interim" color since the SKY was announced in Jan 2005. The estimated production date for bluestone is (and has always been) July 2006.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
davemcq said:

Any suggestions?
I know that I will be waiting for BlueStone

1 - 20 of 20 Posts