Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my Sky on Memorial Day. Silver Pearl with the Red/Black Leather - manual tranny - 6 disk monsoon - I see where everyone seems to be able to see the status or progression of their car. Is there a website you can go and see the status of your car? Or is everyone simply calling the dealership periodically? The dealer said I should expect a September delivery. Does this sound about right to those of you already waiting? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Call your dealer periodically and don't put too much stock in what they tell you being the absolute truth. There are too many different hands the car must pass through before getting to you and communication among them all is poor. Sometimes a car will sit for weeks waiting the next step in the delivery chain. Sometimes they move through the pipeline with amazing speed. Nobody knows. September sounds like a good guess.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
With co-operation from your dealer - your status code will tell you at what stage your SKY is at. Unfortunately - once it is invoiced and ships it kinda falls into a black hole. Maybe work out a deal where you call or email once a week to monitor. The less you bug them teh better the response. Once shipping starts all your dealer can do is give you a guess based on their past experience (For example: My dealer says for the Chicago area - 8-10 after invoice/shipping)

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Best advice is keep tracking that status code. Before you know it you will have you VIN number and be awaiting your new arrival. It is too hard to predict an exact date at all but it is easier to track your process as your status code changes. Hope that helps a little.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Macpar4 said:
I ordered my Sky on Memorial Day. Silver Pearl with the Red/Black Leather - manual tranny - 6 disk monsoon - I see where everyone seems to be able to see the status or progression of their car. Is there a website you can go and see the status of your car? Or is everyone simply calling the dealership periodically? The dealer said I should expect a September delivery. Does this sound about right to those of you already waiting? Thanks for the help.
Excellent choice of options:thumbs: Great taste in Color/Interior:D

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help

I've been reading the posts for the past couple weeks and have learned a lot. Ya'll are great to help. Thanks again and I will keep you updated. And as for the color.....I have yet to see a sky I didn't think beautiful.....

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
You can call Saturn customer service but I have to warn you that from experience and from what I've read her, at verious stages from order to delivery it would seem that no one really knows where the car is at Saturn. :lol:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Macpar4 said:
Someone please help me to understand this part: Macpar4 ordered the car end of May. First week of June, the EXACT car is delivered to Columbus, GA (maybe 2 to 3 hours away from B'Ham) as a showroom/not an ordered car.

So why didn't Macpar4 get this car? :confused:

Carlie
btw - that car is in the showroom until June 19, but has been sold

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
blueskygal said:
Someone please help me to understand this part: Macpar4 ordered the car end of May. First week of June, the EXACT car is delivered to Columbus, GA (maybe 2 to 3 hours away from B'Ham) as a showroom/not an ordered car.

So why didn't Macpar4 get this car? :confused:

Carlie
btw - that car is in the showroom until June 19, but has been sold
Because that car was ordered by another store. It is their (the store's car). That is not to say that Macpar4 would not want to buy that car -- but he did not know it was there.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In Columbus !!!????

Are you kidding me????? I was in Columbus a couple weeks ago and thought about stopping by.......Oh well....I guess the wait continues....

·
Registered
178 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
Because that car was ordered by another store. It is their (the store's car). That is not to say that Macpar4 would not want to buy that car -- but he did not know it was there.
Thanks, Rick. Our dealer said that the silver Sky they rec'd was a 'random' car - not ordered. So, in my organized fashion, I would have moved that car to BHam and made Macpar4 a happy customer. But...who am I to think like that?? Carlie

·
Registered
178 Posts
Macpar4 said:
Are you kidding me????? I was in Columbus a couple weeks ago and thought about stopping by.......Oh well....I guess the wait continues....
Sorry for you! I am going to go and look at it again this weekend as it has to stay at the dealer (but no test drives) until 6/19.
Carlie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts