Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would like to thank Troy, Steve, Sharron, Rachel, Aaron, Terry, Louie, Mark, Rich, Brian, Neil, Jerry, Kevin, John, Robin, Bob, Gayle, Eddie, Sara and Greg for turning a simple "drive along the beach" into a fantastic and truly memorable day. Without you it would have been just another good drive in a SKY.

I'd also like to thank Michelle for being such a great host.

The car is great. The friends are better.

Cheers.

:cheers:

-- John D. --

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Here Here

jdigiant said:
I would like to thank Troy, Steve, Sharron, Rachel, Aaron, Terry, Louie, Mark, Rich, Brian, Neil, Jerry, Kevin, John, Robin, Bob, Gayle, Eddie, Sara and Greg for turning a simple "drive along the beach" into a fantastic and truly memorable day. Without you it would have been just another good drive in a SKY.

Cheers.

-- John D. --
John I would have to agree with you. :thumbs: :thumbs:

·
Registered
453 Posts
jdigiant said:

Cheers.

John, thank you so much for all you did to put this ride together. We all had a great time. It was so much fun meeting the faces behind the names. You did a fantastic job, as well as H. B. Saturn for being our host. I hope we can all meet again for more fun in the sun. Very nicely put together. A big hello to all who went and look forward to seeing you all again!! PS: Can't wait to see pictures posted!!

Terry & Louie

·
Registered
95 Posts
It was a blast !

Hey John, it was a real pleasure meeting you and the group on the southernmost portion of the Sky Ride from Carlsbad to La Jolla and on to the restaurant. I had a great deal of fun, and you should be commended for putting this all together ! :cheers:

P.S. - THANKS for letting me be your copilot and ESPECIALLY for letting me drive your car ! It's a great machine and lives up to all the buzz. Can't wait to get my Red Line later this year. :thumbs:

·
Super Moderator
11,497 Posts
Absolutely!

But I want to be sure and thank you John for all the work you put into getting us the location and the goodie bag with CD that you brought for everyone. That was just fantastic! I think I finally hit the last track just before home yesterday and that was still with skipping a couple. LOL

I was going to do pictures last night but was wiped out. I can't wait to see all the pictures you guys got as well.

A great big thanks to Kapasphere for coming out too with the caps and stickers! It's great to see vendors really get out and meet the customers like that. Sitting at dinner last night discussing the Sky and what is on the horizon was really cool. I have a feeling that many at that table last night didn't realize that they really were looking at probably the first major meet for the Sky and how much of a landmark event it was. It is something we'll talk about in years to come as "the old days". LOL

Another big thanks to Saturn of Hunington Beach for their hospitality for our staging point and for the snacks and water before we left. Having all those Skys on the tarmac out there was really something. I also want to thank the rep from Saturn (I'm horrible with names) who came out to take pictures and brought hats, shirts, and (my personal favorite) brochures! I had been trying to get one of those for the Sky and now I have one! Thank you!

To all those that made it out, you guys were terrific! Hey Rachel, where are you NOW!? LOL Also, it was really bad of you guys leaving the Kappa folks and myself in the dust like that running up those hills. Driving Hoolagans. LOL

For those that missed it, we're looking to do something again in July. No plans...just...something in July. LOL

·
Registered
453 Posts
Your the best

Seagull said:
John I would have to agree with you. :thumbs: :thumbs:
Steve, thank you so much for the T-shirt, I truly loved it!! Louie and I really enjoy the company of you and the Mrs. and appreciate all the hard work that went into making the T shirts for us. As Jonh stated, the car is great, but the friends are better!!! Nice to have met so many friendly people!!

Terry and Louie :D

·
Registered
453 Posts
Amen, Amen, Amen!!!

Robotech said:
Absolutely!

But I want to be sure and thank you John for all the work you put into getting us the location and the goodie bag with CD that you brought for everyone. That was just fantastic! I think I finally hit the last track just before home yesterday and that was still with skipping a couple. LOL

I was going to do pictures last night but was wiped out. I can't wait to see all the pictures you guys got as well.

A great big thanks to Kapasphere for coming out too with the caps and stickers! It's great to see vendors really get out and meet the customers like that. Sitting at dinner last night discussing the Sky and what is on the horizon was really cool. I have a feeling that many at that table last night didn't realize that they really were looking at probably the first major meet for the Sky and how much of a landmark event it was. It is something we'll talk about in years to come as "the old days". LOL

Another big thanks to Saturn of Hunington Beach for their hospitality for our staging point and for the snacks and water before we left. Having all those Skys on the tarmac out there was really something. I also want to thank the rep from Saturn (I'm horrible with names) who came out to take pictures and brought hats, shirts, and (my personal favorite) brochures! I had been trying to get one of those for the Sky and now I have one! Thank you!

To all those that made it out, you guys were terrific! Hey Rachel, where are you NOW!? LOL Also, it was you guys were really bad leaving the Kappa guys and myself in the dust like that running up those hills. Driving Hoolagans. LOL

For those that missed it, we're looking to do something again in July. No plans...just...something in July. LOL
:thumbs: I agree with everything you said!! Can't wait for the next one. We have a great group of Sky family!!!

Terry

·
Registered
476 Posts
John, you did an excellent job putting the drive together. Neil and I both had a great time and look forward to the next meet/drive. It was great meeting everyone. Pictures will hopefully be in the official thread today.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
SpecRaceM5 said:
John, you did an excellent job putting the drive together. Neil and I both had a great time and look forward to the next meet/drive. It was great meeting everyone. Pictures will hopefully be in the official thread today.
A big thanks to everyone who put the trip together.

John you rock! Saturn of HB, your Hospitaltity and generousity was fantastic.

I owe special thanks to Mark aka Cerberus, who let me drive during the actual run! He was also smart enough to hold on to the keys when we went into the resturaunts. :D

Thank you for everyone else who showed up and made it a truly great day!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Gang!

It's Michelle from Saturn of Huntington Beach! After hearing all of the fun you guys have on this website, I had to get myself a sign on! Glad to hear everyone had a great (and safe!) trip. I just wanted to let you all know that we had a GREAT time hosting your event, and seeing all of your cars together. We hope to host you again in the future. Maybe this time Larry can go all the way!! Our Facility Rep., Jerry Skakun, said he had a great time with you, and got great pictures! Again, just wanted to thank you for allowing us to have you all here, and please call us anytime you want to do it again!

John, please make sure to email me the photos you took, I look forward to seeing them!

·
Registered
117 Posts
jdigiant said:

Cheers.

-- John D. --
John,
Excellent planning and execution!!! First time for JandR, definitely not the last. We met a great bunch of folks and had a blast.

Tx again for a fun day with new friends.

J and R

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
tolaiz said:
As John stated, the car is great, but the friends are better!!! Nice to have met so many friendly people!!
:D
And Michelle, Jerry and Larry you guys were awsome

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Third Day of SGS (Silly Grin Syndrome) any idea when it will wear off!

It was really good meeting everyone and talking with them. Sunday was one of the Best times I had without my wife in a long time. :D Cannot wait until I get mine, then I can have the sky, the friends and my wife to share the experience with.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Great Day and SGS

richmcc said:
Third Day of SGS (Silly Grin Syndrome) any idea when it will wear off!

It was really good meeting everyone and talking with them. Sunday was one of the Best times I had without my wife in a long time. :D Cannot wait until I get mine, then I can have the sky, the friends and my wife to share the experience with.
Yes I've come down with a case of SGS as well.
I have been really really happy since I got my Sky.
So, I must have it all, car, wife and friends to share it with.

Thanks again ALL. :thumbs:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Pictures?

SpecRaceM5 said:
Do we have any pictures yet? Where is official site?
Terry (aka Theresa)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts