Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:grouphug: This may sound odd to most..but, does anyone here feel like an outsider looking in even though we all share a common car? I see a core group of people here that converse with eachother, then I see some that have very few responses... hmm... maybe an over reaction but maybe I should spend more time in my car doing things for myself, and check here periodically instead. Just had a light bulb light up over my head.

:cheers:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It took less than 10 minutes for this thread to disappear from the "latest threads" area.... No need for anyone here to hold my hand.
:leaving:

I'll take myself off this forum and check for TSB only.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Sorry you feel that way. As it was never my intention and I am sure it wasn't anyone else’s. There are some of us on here that have known one another for quite a while now. While we have waited and wondered we have built a bit of a bond but I assure you though that at least the ones I talk with on a regular basis do not feel as though we are part of an exclusive club. We look forward to talking with and eventually meeting with anyone here at the forum. So here is too many future conversations, one day possibly being able to meet up some where, and ensuring that everyone feels welcome in the SKY community. :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Eh, give it time, we get new members every day and in time we all get to know one another’s personality and some post more than others. Sure we have "cliques" but as a whole I think it’s a pretty good community we have.

I’d be sad to see you leave if you did.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Agreed.

Though the name "Ken" does spoil me from pretending that your avatar is your headshot.
That thought never crossed my mind. Now I'm strangely intrigued. :eek:

Ken,

Don't feel excluded or intimidated. Just jump in and participate more and I think you'll find that the folks around here are pretty friendly. Some of us have just been around for a long time and kinda gotten used to each other. We'll get used to you too as you post more, and I think you'll get used to the rest of us.

Reed

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
It is the same on all forums. Extroverts, introverts and all in-between.

I kind of enjoy the interesting way that my posts on some message boards always seem to be the last, even though I think they could use a response... a response to inquire why I feel the way I posted or a post to make a comment about a picture I posted about the thread. I don't let it get to me if I don't get a response though... however once in a while I will bump the thread just for fun.

I feel we are all acquaintances... those of us who are nearby can grow to be friends. We do all have a common interest... we can enjoy the banter about that interest and even fill others in about our daily lives.

I always read peoples posts about their lives. I am always concerned about one persons illness that prevents their enjoyment of our common interest... another persons feelings about a lost relative *Either current or from the past*... and about others concern over their SO's life & health. While I am very concerned and hope everything gets better and/or can get through it... I have difficulty writing something to them publicly... so I most often don't, unless I have had a similar history with the situation. Do I feel they may think I don't care or am unconcerned??? Yes... but that is not my fault.

·
Registered
322 Posts
"Ken" I really hope you give this all a second thought. Your comments are welcomed, read and quite oftern provide for me, "food for thought". I see no "clique" as it were here, there are a few whose interest and insight produces more information and thus conversation, but that is to be expected and frankly enjoyed.
BTW you may have one of the best AVATAR's out ...... interesting, provoctive and frankly a bit "quirkey" and that my friend is part of what this is all about. Thanks for your inputs over time and look forward to more.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I read more than write. Often the topic is of interest but I have nothing to add. I am not a engine or design upgrade kind of guy. But I learn from reading and have developed an appreciation from members who know their cars, specs and are willing to share their knowledge.

Is the glass half full or half empty? ... Yes my phone will ring soon with good news that my SKY Red Line order is advancing!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Sorry, was gone for the weekend. I try to respond to anything that hasn't had a lot of responses yet (and I know an answer to) but I guess I'm pretty new.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
It took less than 10 minutes for this thread to disappear from the "latest threads" area.... No need for anyone here to hold my hand.
:leaving:

I'll take myself off this forum and check for TSB only.
When I first came to the Sky Forum I was told I don't no what I'm talking, got bashed sometimes for anything I said. Was told I didn't have any knowledge seeing I was a new member. ( Been a Solstice member for over a year and a half with several inside sources ) But Thanks to Ernest and some of the mod's I stayed to try to help out. And I'm glad I did.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Being a member of some kind of forum since the early 1980's (Remember the blazing 300 baud modems!!) I have sympathy for the new members of any discussion forum. Yes it DOES look like there are cliques, and I guess I could say there are such cliques. However, the clique is just that people know each other so well. I have been here about a year. It took some time, a few comments - humor, stubbornness and well-guided as well as miss-guided advice. Here I am...
So many people with the tenacity to hang in there become the real backbone of any forum. This does not mean that people who are new or are less frequent in their postings are not welcome -- heck no -- you are the life's blood of this group.
What happens is more that I can jot off a retort to Ernest or Deluke most anyone who I have been hanging with and pretty much know they "get me". However if I am not familiar with you, I will be hesitant in fear of insulting or "chasing" you away. After a while (months maybe depending on your participation) I will have included you into "The Family." It is that simple for most of us -- We don't exclude, but it takes time to be included!
:cheers:

·
Registered
225 Posts
after this many replies, I'm surprised ken has not had at least something to say in his defense/change of thought/ideas/anything?!?!

·
Registered
994 Posts
But last nights flame up because members gave their opinions on a sponsors product and the heavy handed pulling of those threads upsets some members. First, is this a forum like Ken and I thought it was? Or, is it a sales tent with us being allowed to gossip between sales pitches. The forum rules prohibit us members from saying anything that would hurt a sale. The fact remains, the sales pitch is enter into this forum area as if it were just another chat discussion. Folks react sharing their thoughts and whack ... a moderator sends you a warning and your thread is pulled.
I believe sales pitches and introduction of new products should be boxed off and run in a top/bottom or side area of this forum so members do not think it is just another thread up for discussion.
I also question, but understand, rules prohibiting members to express their insight, knowledge and opinions on service, quality and workmanship ... after all this is a forum in-which people with a commen interest share their knowledge like Ken stated. Ken, I too along with other members last night felt like we are in a sales pitch tent last night.
:agree: :agree: :grouphug:
:agree: :agree: :agree:

Couldn't agree more. Well said. That was my first thought when the pouchy holder was first listed. They all come across chatty as if they are regular posts. I missed last night's flare up but from this thread and another, it obviously hit a nerve in our community here. I expressed my opinion on the pouchy and got a nasty-gram, Hogwart's Howler in my PM box. :mad: Heaven forbid we should be allowed to express a disenting opinion.:nono: Not very Bill of Rights of the moderators. There is a HUGE difference between bashing and constructive comments.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I guess I mistakenly thought that when product announcements by sponsers were posted that they wanted our feedback on the products so that they could get an idea of what works/doesn't work to help them refine their offerings and improve sales. I agree that bashing should not take place but if you offer up some constructive critisism on what changes you'd like to see to prompt you to buy the product that would be a good thing. Yes I got a nastygram for a very minor comment on a sponsor's product. In the future, l'll refrain from sharing my likes or dislikes.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
More you know

As you go through life, and this forum, you learn...as we learn about people we can respond to them more. As we learn about our cars we can comment more. Many, in the "clicque" are some of the "Oldtimers" that have been here a while from before the Sky was ever released. While they were waiting for their cars they got to know each other. So, give it time and we will all be able to get to know each other. :thumbs:

·
Registered
50 Posts
When I first started on this forum earlier this year, I thought that every post I did seemed to end too. I even made a joke or two that completely fell by the wayside. I became very discouraged and I just let things go and it eventually took me a long time to get member status. I too have seen the "cliques" here and just come to the conclusion that I and others will never be part of them. Even in my job with the Federal Government and with my Military reserve status, cliques are away of life and not everyone will be able to be in those cliques. With my Civilian job, I see people with over 30 years time that refuse to let the newbe's in and I see the newbe's that hang together and don't want anything to do with the others. I'm not saying that this is intentionally happening here, but it does happen. I just read the posts and try to get as much info that I will need to get the SKY. I say that because I ordered mine in April 06 and am being told that it will be after the new year before the car will be delivered. I'm getting through this time by the support from this forum and will continue to do so after I get the car, whenever that will truely be.

R

1 - 20 of 33 Posts