Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been presented with a unique opportunity with my SKY. It looks **** a Friday delivery, so my plan is tio drive it all weekend as is. I have reserved Monday AM to bring her in, at which time the Service Dept will install the suspension kit, CAI & tonneau cover. I plan to evaluate the performance and handling over the weekend. After the changeover Monday, approx 2 hrs to switch suspensions, and add the CAI, I will take her out and go over the same hiways, turns etc and note the changes if any. This should be a good way to test, ya' think?

Since I am allowed unrestricted access to the service area, I plan to stay right with Shelby, my mechanic, through the whole installation process, maybe I can observe a few things. I plan to take my wifes digital camera and shoot the before & after shots from underneath of the suspension change.

What about it cousins, you think I am on to something? Your input please.

I plan to also document the installation of the tonneau cover snaps, you think I should?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Ernest did you already have the CAI come in? My dealer stated that it is not yet available to order but I call BS on that! If you were able to order it I would love to call your dealer and have it shipped to my dealer in the next couple weeks. Please let me know thx!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
I will be waiting for the pics..... would love to see the process..... I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU...... LOVE YA... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My CAI has been in the parts dept for 3 weeks, suspension kit is also there, waiting for SKY to arrive. My parts man is on top of it and had my order in the system before they were released for ship,. the moment they were available they were shipped, 2 days to arrive. The parts depot for thias area had 38 on hand, 37b after mine left the first day of availability. Builly, parts man extrordanaire, had the part numbers the day Saturn released them, ordered them under my name and Bingo, the rest is history.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Just don't be singing to Shelby while he is trying to work and maybe it will get r done faster. Skip...:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ernest said:
I have been presented with a unique opportunity with my SKY. It looks **** a Friday delivery, so my plan is tio drive it all weekend as is. I have reserved Monday AM to bring her in, at which time the Service Dept will install the suspension kit, CAI & tonneau cover. I plan to evaluate the performance and handling over the weekend. After the changeover Monday, approx 2 hrs to switch suspensions, and add the CAI, I will take her out and go over the same hiways, turns etc and note the changes if any. This should be a good way to test, ya' think?

Since I am allowed unrestricted access to the service area, I plan to stay right with Shelby, my mechanic, through the whole installation process, maybe I can observe a few things. I plan to take my wifes digital camera and shoot the before & after shots from underneath of the suspension change.

I plan to also document the installation of the tonneau cover snaps, you think I should?

I think this is a great idea:thumbs: and to be honest is what this forum is all about - sharing information and experiences. I for one will be very interested in what you have to say about the CAI. Mine is sitting in the parts department waiting for a place to live. Looks like it will be at least another week waiting. ETA April 5.

When my Sky arrives, I'm planning to go through each system of the car one by one and post gads of pictures in high resolution. Although once I get it, I'm sure it will be hard to tear myself away from the wheel.:driving:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
How much was the sport suspension kit? People have been trying to get information on it for a while with no real information yet to be had.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Very Good Can't waite:cheers:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Ernest remember NCBLUE's experience! Tell them to be careful putting her on the jacks.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
I would like to know the difference an if you think it is worth the price of the upgrade. :confused:

Of course, I can always run it against my '71 Vette the same way (same road, etc) and see how it compares to 36 year old technology. :D

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
brentil said:
How much was the sport suspension kit? People have been trying to get information on it for a while with no real information yet to be had.
MSRP for the suspension kit is 1400. It includes Springs, Struts and something I forget the name of of the STB kind of thing.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Ernest said:

Great Idea, I wanted to knwo the difference of the CAI

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
todaresqSL2 said:
MSRP for the suspension kit is 1400. It includes Springs, Struts and something I forget the name of of the STB kind of thing.
Springs, sway bars (front + back), and shocks. We've got all the tech specs for it at the SolForum just no price.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
brentil said:
Springs, sway bars (front + back), and shocks. We've got all the tech specs for it at the SolForum just no price.
Sway bars... that is what it was... lol... don't know why I couldn't get that... was on the tip of my toungue...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts