Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, that is not how much longer I have to wait, but how long it took to go from released to shipper to shipped status. I know they are suppose to be doing a lot of quality control, but you would think once it is release to shipper they would have done all the checks. A week from release to shipped seems a bit long. :eek:

Any ideas to why such a delay?:confused:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
TexSon said:
No, that is not how much longer I have to wait, but how long it took to go from released to shipper to shipped status. I know they are suppose to be doing a lot of quality control, but you would think once it is release to shipper they would have done all the checks. A week from release to shipped seems a bit long. :eek:

Any ideas to why such a delay?:confused:
When it is released to be shipped it means that the shipper has to schedule a truck and route the car will be taking, along with all the others that will be on the truck, it may take a week or more for enough cars to be built and to be loaded on the truck for a full load going to where it needs to go. they can get 13 cars on a hauler so they need to make sure each car will be dropped somewhere along that route... It is called Logistics...

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SkyMan 07 said:
When it is released to be shipped it means that the shipper has to schedule a truck and route the car will be taking, along with all the others that will be on the truck, it may take a week or more for enough cars to be built and to be loaded on the truck for a full load going to where it needs to go. they can get 13 cars on a hauler so they need to make sure each car will be dropped somewhere along that route... It is called Logistics...
I would think they would ship it to Texas by train to a trans-shippment point and then off load it to a truck. If they shipped them all to the dealers on trucks, they would never make it to the west coast.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
TexSon said:
I would think they would ship it to Texas by train to a trans-shippment point and then off load it to a truck. If they shipped them all to the dealers on trucks, they would never make it to the west coast.
So now they have to fill a truck to take to the railyard -- then wait to fill a whole railcar before they ship. Once at the rail yard - they need to split it up for the trucks to route. Sounds like it would take some time.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
It does, it takes time to fill up enough rail cars to warrant the rail to deliver to destinations. The delear image image already received received in Ft Worth, had to have sat a good while because iof the dirt & soot build up in it when it was offloaded at dealer. The other image shipped to the 2nd delaer in the group Saturn of Hurst, has yet to arrive, yet they left at the same time. Upon arrival at the hub, then you have to wait for it to be loaded on a transport, that could take days. My dealer has recieved 5 transports this week, IONS & VUES. I am hoping for tomorrow delivery, but could be next week, it all boils down to the luck of the draw. Mine is probably still on the rail car in the FT Worth hub, and I guess when it is my time, it will happen.
Once shipped tracking goes out the window. You become at the mercy of transportation system. Tomorrow will be exactly 2 weeks since it was shipped. Demo already here made it in 13 days. There is no absolutes, you can only gather information and make educated guesses. Just think about the Canadians, and people west of me, at least another additional week, and Canandians ain't even started ordering yet.

One day, 1 week, 3 weeks wahtever, there is always somebody that will have a longer wait than yourself. Patience is a hadr thing and yes I am growing more impatient by the hour, but I look back on how long ago I have been into this car, even a week is a piece of cake. I* have been with this car since it was the CURVE, a long ways back there, YUP!!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
So now they have to fill a truck to take to the railyard -- then wait to fill a whole railcar before they ship. Once at the rail yard - they need to split it up for the trucks to route. Sounds like it would take some time.
Hey all, I offered to jump in the drivers seat and deliver everyones.... breaker breaker 19 :lol:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Ha! leave it to the girls to solve the problem, in the meantime, let's try some distraction therapy (okay I made that up) and I don't mean get a bunch of beer so you are drunk to distraction. Tell us about your car Texson the color, why you got it, when you ordered it, why you ordered it...and then maybe the time will pass? :) :) :) :)

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
skywulf said:
Ha! leave it to the girls to solve the problem, in the meantime, let's try some distraction therapy (okay I made that up) and I don't mean get a bunch of beer so you are drunk to distraction. Tell us about your car Texson the color, why you got it, when you ordered it, why you ordered it...and then maybe the time will pass?
So you think talking about the car will make me want it less? Okay, will try it, here goes. My signature has the info on the Sky, and I have mentioned in a couple of threads why I am getting it, but rather than hunt them down here goes.

This is a long story, but you asked for it!:D

My wife had a MR2 when we got married, cute little roller skate that was small and maneuverable and fun to drive. She had a sun-roof put into it and it was also one of those cars that was great as it was but they also had a turbo version. She had the standard model, and we sold it before we went to Japan. Since then we have be looking at and talking about a new little sports car. The Mercedes SLK230 caught her eye and the Porsche Boxster looked like it would be fun. She rejected the Honda S2000 right away, but loves the Jaguar XK8, which is just a tad out of our price range. We could afford it, but really don’t feel like spending that much for a car. I love the Corvette, but she calls that too much of a macho car, and it is just a bit bigger than she wants. And I have the ’71 which I don’t really want to get rid of and she says we can’t have two Corvettes at one time. :confused: I keep asking her to show me where that law is written down, but… When Nissan started making the Z with a rag top, that quickly moved to the top of the list. About the time we were thinking about buying one, she got orders (got to love the Navy) that put her on the other coast, and since we had just started remodeling the house in Virginia, I needed to stay to complete that job. So she bought a new Jaguar X-Type to have something a bit more practical.

Okay, fast forward. She decides to retire from the Navy, and the house in Virginia is ready to sell, so that means we can finally move home to Texas. :leaving: I was in the AF when we met and told her if she married me, that we had to retire to Texas because you can only keep a Texan out of the state so long. So, we made some money on the house in Virginia, and bought a house in Texas, and decided to fix it the way we wanted and use some of the money to finally get the little 2 seater. Now, we had seen info on the Sol when it first started making its appearance, but she didn’t like the looks, and I have to say I agree. The bulbous nose just detracts from what is otherwise a nice little car. And then we started seeing stuff on the Sky. In October the GM Auto Show in Motion came to San Antonio, and we got to drive the Sol and, even on the short course they had, knew it was a fun driving car. Since they share platforms, we began to get serious about getting a Sky. When the auto show came to San Antonio in November, we say the Sky in person. Couldn’t touch it, which was a bit of a let down, but fell in love with the look. So we told the salesman we wanted to order, gave him my card and told him to call as soon as they got the word to begin ordering. Not satisfied that he would call, I also started calling once a week or so. Got the word that we could order the day I got the flu, so instead of being the first to order in San Antonio, I was the second. :thumbs:

While we began the wait we all know so well, I was riding to work on my 2004 BMW R1150RT, another machine that puts a smile on the face, and was T-boned by a school bus. I came out of it with a couple of broken ribs and a smashed leg (think hammer and thumb, :smash: but leg and bumper instead). My RT however, was killed. Yes, it gave its life to save mine. My wife never wanted me to have a motorcycle in the first place. And the Sky was to be pretty much her car unless it rained or was too cold, in which case I would drive it. In order to keep me from getting another MC, she told me the Sky could be my commuting car. My folks, bothers, and in-laws are also telling me, “you know, maybe it is time you got a car for work and just ride on the weekend.” I have a ’79 BMW R65 that I have restored and they figure weekend rides on that will be enough to quell my riding addition, but I don’t know.

So now I wait for delivery, :willy: and :nono: no Skywulf, that only made we want it more!!:banghead:

Of course we have now driven :driving: the dealer demo and the first thing my wife said as she got out of the car, “there is no way you are going to be the only one driving that car!” I think I see another MC in my future. :lol:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
TexSon said:
So you think talking about the car will make me want it less? Okay, will try it, here goes. My signature has the info on the Sky, and I have mentioned in a couple of threads why I am getting it, but rather than hunt them down here goes.

This is a long story, but you asked for it!:D

My wife had a MR2 when we got married, cute little roller skate that was small and maneuverable and fun to drive. She had a sun-roof put into it and it was also one of those cars that was great as it was but they also had a turbo version. She had the standard model, and we sold it before we went to Japan. Since then we have be looking at and talking about a new little sports car. The Mercedes SLK230 caught her eye and the Porsche Boxster looked like it would be fun. She rejected the Honda S2000 right away, but loves the Jaguar XK8, which is just a tad out of our price range. We could afford it, but really don’t feel like spending that much for a car. I love the Corvette, but she calls that too much of a macho car, and it is just a bit bigger than she wants. And I have the ’71 which I don’t really want to get rid of and she says we can’t have two Corvettes at one time. :confused: I keep asking her to show me where that law is written down, but… When Nissan started making the Z with a rag top, that quickly moved to the top of the list. About the time we were thinking about buying one, she got orders (got to love the Navy) that put her on the other coast, and since we had just started remodeling the house in Virginia, I needed to stay to complete that job. So she bought a new Jaguar X-Type to have something a bit more practical.

Okay, fast forward. She decides to retire from the Navy, and the house in Virginia is ready to sell, so that means we can finally move home to Texas. :leaving: I was in the AF when we met and told her if she married me, that we had to retire to Texas because you can only keep a Texan out of the state so long. So, we made some money on the house in Virginia, and bought a house in Texas, and decided to fix it the way we wanted and use some of the money to finally get the little 2 seater. Now, we had seen info on the Sol when it first started making its appearance, but she didn’t like the looks, and I have to say I agree. The bulbous nose just detracts from what is otherwise a nice little car. And then we started seeing stuff on the Sky. In October the GM Auto Show in Motion came to San Antonio, and we got to drive the Sol and, even on the short course they had, knew it was a fun driving car. Since they share platforms, we began to get serious about getting a Sky. When the auto show came to San Antonio in November, we say the Sky in person. Couldn’t touch it, which was a bit of a let down, but fell in love with the look. So we told the salesman we wanted to order, gave him my card and told him to call as soon as they got the word to begin ordering. Not satisfied that he would call, I also started calling once a week or so. Got the word that we could order the day I got the flu, so instead of being the first to order in San Antonio, I was the second. :thumbs:

While we began the wait we all know so well, I was riding to work on my 2004 BMW R1150RT, another machine that puts a smile on the face, and was T-boned by a school bus. I came out of it with a couple of broken ribs and a smashed leg (think hammer and thumb, :smash: but leg and bumper instead). My RT however, was killed. Yes, it gave its life to save mine. My wife never wanted me to have a motorcycle in the first place. And the Sky was to be pretty much her car unless it rained or was too cold, in which case I would drive it. In order to keep me from getting another MC, she told me the Sky could be my commuting car. My folks, bothers, and in-laws are also telling me, “you know, maybe it is time you got a car for work and just ride on the weekend.” I have a ’79 BMW R65 that I have restored and they figure weekend rides on that will be enough to quell my riding addition, but I don’t know.

So now I wait for delivery, :willy: and :nono: no Skywulf, that only made we want it more!!:banghead:

Of course we have now driven :driving: the dealer demo and the first thing my wife said as she got out of the car, “there is no way you are going to be the only one driving that car!” I think I see another MC in my future. :lol:
OR A SECOND SKY

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Made me feel better. Sorry it didn't work. Should we switch to beer? Single malt? Cigars? Oh, no...cough, cough....that doesn't work either. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
skywulf said:
Made me feel better. Sorry it didn't work. Should we switch to beer? Single malt? Cigars? Oh, no...cough, cough....that doesn't work either. :cheers:
:cheers: The beer will help! Either that or a good bourbon! :cheers: :lol:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
skywulf said:
California Sunshine.... I think I see my SKY. I think WHOOOOOOAa

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.